Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5

• @sshteeve im kinda worried about a cannon barrel combo if the one boat has anchor down and is shot at same time

• @lt-swag-johnson said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

No Banjo as musical instrument? That's a shame. Still a great patch!

#ReleaseTheBanjo ?

• @musicmee Aye shipmate...I was quite happy to see this as well. I believe I ran into my first 'immortal' this week. Good to hear that the breakers of the code are being bound into Davy Jone's Locker and forbidden the bountiful Sea of Thieves due to their transgressions ;-D

...a side note, I do alway attempt to report such scallywags but I never seem to be able to find their gamertags on the Xbox recent players list...and Poseidon knows that catching some of these convoluted gamertags visually is a challenge. Any advice and counsel is always appreciated.

• @specialadvisor i want a list of those banned or a in game wall of shame let it be know who were doomed to be turned into a skelly

• @specialadvisor Aye!

The recent players' list does seem to be a bit borked at the moment... I always try to note down their Gamewrtgas mentally knowing that it doesn't always record them in a timely fashion.

I haven't come across any immortals yet though... So I have been lucky!

• @personalc0ffee im almost worried they may comeback twice as hard now but id assume it would be hard to but i really wanted the wall of shame alt text

• Great patch notes, although I'm interested to hear how people were cheating? I didn't even know that was possible. PC mods I'm assuming?

• @musicmee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@specialadvisor Aye!

The recent players' list does seem to be a bit borked at the moment... I always try to note down their Gamewrtgas mentally knowing that it doesn't always record them in a timely fashion.

Best way is to record the last 5 minutes on xbox (I think on pc it's also possible if the option is activated), then you can just pause the video to get their gamertag. And you'll have a video proof to help Rare to find them!

• @katttruewalker said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@khaleesibot

That bear figurehead is amaaaazingly beautiful to see!

And I know this will be well received by those who have raised concerns about the subject.

This week we've banned a number of players who we've been able to confirm have been cheating. Those players have been contacted via email and we've removed their Sea of Thieves account privileges. We will continue enforcing a zero tolerance policy to this behaviour and taking regular action against any players who are found to be cheating.

This is the best news I heard in this patch, Cheaters never prosper.

• @personalc0ffee Aye matey...agreed! Their fates be sealed...and it’s good enough for me that they be doomed to never sail the Sea of Thieves again. To Davy Jone’s with em I say and be done with em.

• Resource barrels on ships will not longer periodically restock if they are below the default level.

Im gonna miss that :(

• @skulliah said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@musicmee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@specialadvisor Aye!

Best way is to record the last 5 minutes on xbox (I think on pc it's also possible if the option is activated), then you can just pause the video to get their gamertag. And you'll have a video proof to help Rare to find them!

Aye shipmate...good point. I have video screen grab set at 60 seconds. More than enough most times to identify most breakers of the code.

• @waw-gunn said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@lt-swag-johnson said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

#ReleaseTheBanjo ?

no no no...
    You mean...
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SUMMON THE BANJO ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• @sshteeve That's more like it! It's more likely to work that way.

• Ive always been a sucker for cross-over eastereggs! Nice one Rare! And its nice to see the ban hammer coming down on cheaters, im fortunate to have never encountered one but its good to see they are being dealt with.

• @lt-swag-johnson Surely you mean No Banjo and No Kazoo :) Keep those developer ideas coming though!!

• @musicmee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@sshteeve That's more like it! It's more likely to work that way.

might need a few more though to truly work, but I'll leave that to the collective worship on the forums of the summoner!

• @sshteeve said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@waw-gunn said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

@lt-swag-johnson said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

#ReleaseTheBanjo ?

no no no...
    You mean...

Knew I'd messed up the moment I pressed Enter, cheers for the reminder.

• Great patch but is it also known that a lot of people aren't getting there 0/20 blast 5 skeletons with 1 other crew on a skeleton fort?
    I've unlocked 3/20 now but I should have around 10/20 (if not more).

First I thought it had a delay but I'm 2 days further now and still nothing.. ) :

• @yzahkin jetpac was my first rare game

• Great notes.

About this though: "Rock the Boat - Upon impact, cannonballs now apply a rocking effect to ships".
    Sloops already move quite a bit when they shoot. I hope this change won't make it too difficult to aim, if the ship moves when being hit as well.

• Great patch! Those impact improvements with the gunpowder keg and cannonballs means a lot increasing some reality to the game. Dope!

• @blindnev said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

Great notes.

About this though: "Rock the Boat - Upon impact, cannonballs now apply a rocking effect to ships".
    Sloops already move quite a bit when they shoot. I hope this change won't make it too difficult to aim, if the ship moves when being hit as well.

As with any changes we make, we'll monitor it to ensure this feels as balanced as possible!

• @ajm123 I don't really know how they're solving this but how can they prevent those players from creating another microsoft account and getting back to the game cheating all over again? hahaha.

• @danish-crusader

@danish-crusader said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.5:

Still haven't returned the 8 items you removed? Very disappointing.
    Seems like you intent for people to not be able to complete their sets. Return the items already!

Have they said that the items are being brought back in to the game ?

• .. that means I have to visit the store, don't I? ..

Cannonballs will start working the boat?!?!? My word! It's going to be inSANE when ppl are blastin ye with all cannons and blowin you up with BoomBoomBarrels ...braces herself...

• Is anyone getting the error code
    The Sea of Thieves Services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again. (Lavenderbeard)?

I have been getting this error constantly and can't start the game. I'm guessing it might be due to high player count and strain on the servers?

• @acesnake047
    I haven't been getting Lavenderbeard, but I have been getting Kwikibeard.

• @cewi-hill-ninja @AceSnake047
    https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1014478935885864960

• Cannon balls rocking ships upon impact; wow ship v. ship combat physics will be quite interesting.

• Good news! When fixing the THD-DLC titles, you should be aware that the german translation is bugged too. I just says "Haijäger" (sharkhunter)
    for both titles.
    @Rare-Employ

• @katzengott stimmt 😉

• when are new ship customization coming?

• @drolllettuce410 Nobody knows just yet...

But with the Cured Sails coming in July, we might just see something Sail related?

• thanks for the update rare .

thank you please keep up the zero tolerance to cheats your player base appreciates that your trying to deal with this .

love the figure head were my banjo lol.

Views
54 out of 211