Server Shutdown Times - Incorrect!

• Rare’s social media accounts stated that the servers would close at 10AM BST for maintenance, so I planned to get on at 9:20 to get a voyage or two done. However, after letting the game load for 10 minutes and setting sail for some hidden treasure, I see “Server shutdown in 5 minutes”. WHAT?

Rare, PLEASE tell us the correct times for server shutdowns, so we can plan accordingly!

Views
  • Server i was on had correct time, tough luck bud..

• @shuoink

Well it shut down early for me by 17 minutes. I was at the end of an Athenas quest and missed out. Rare screwed me good with their early update. So I agree with the OP. They need to give correct times on server maintenance. I also think they should give one hour notice as well. Spent almost 4 hours on that quest in a sloop only to end up without the athena. Sigh.

• @frenziedmaple80 @HitokiriShaggy

The tweet is here for reference - I believe this was short notice and the status page should update soon.
    https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1014429255491604480

• Not doubting it doesnt happen..just pointing out the one i happen to be on was right on time. Does suck if it was off and you didnt get enough time to finish. Must vary by server a little bit

• @shuoink was it still active when you posted your first reply? Because you posted it 5 minutes before scheduled maintenance.

• @hitokirishaggy one i was on shut down 8 minutes ago. Gave me a "server shut down in 30 minutes" warning right on time. I would suggest submitting a bug report so they can hopefully correct it in the future

• @shuoink okay just checking. Sucks for me hehe. I'll get level 10 athena eventually. I just felt slightly annoyed I did everything right on my end timing it correctly but had to dig ping and run my last two athena islands and couldn't get the legendary chest in time. If I had known we would have stopped messing around with sunken ships and bottles while finishing the quest. I actually feel worse for my brother who never has turned on in who I was playing with 😂😂

• @hitokirishaggy yeah its a b****r i was doing athenas as well but ended up having the time to finish. Seems like a little luck of the draw with what server you were on as kat showed they tweeted that they did get shut off a bit early

• @katttruewalker said in Server Shutdown Times - Incorrect!:

@frenziedmaple80 @HitokiriShaggy

The tweet is here for reference - I believe this was short notice and the status page should update soon.
    https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1014429255491604480

Again twitter is updating before any other location =(
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/65486/centralizing-planned-downtime-information-prototyped

I am tempted to demonstrate another method, a program monitoring texting, and when triggered, will post on FB/Twitter and these forums.....

Or, maybe a super fan would love to join Rare and just do update announcements every week or so =)

Views
8 out of 10