Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 11/09/18)

• @vapor1080 a lot of features already in the game need to be improved, I really hope Rare will make what they need to do !

• @grievous32 said in Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic:

@lotrmith hahaha, why ? The entire sailing gameplay forces players to play co-op... This is a game where EVERYTHING is made to force co-op, even dig a hole to take a treasure...

You mean co-op between same crew members? I mean that's so obvious I didn't think that's what you meant.

A common gripe among more casual-friendly players regarding forts is that they want them to require cooperation between multiple crews, which is just silly.

• @lotrmith co-op between players could be done, but it's to difficult to trust people on this game... =') sometimes you think you just met someone who's nice and cool, and when you reach the outpost, he just kill you to steal your chests...

Here you could also work together, but you'll still have to be careful about people who could steal one key.

• This sounds like a great upgrade. But the small arms fire from skeletons needs to be addressed first. You would never make it ashore against this many skeletons with their aim being perfect.

• @j3ns3n-xxii Yep ! I agree with this, I just wanted to talk about Skeleton Fort particularly because there's already a lot of thread where people complain about Skeleton's accuracy ;)

• I updated the thread to add a little note for a Special Guest we could have in the Skeleton Forts for an Legendary Captain fight !

• I'd love to see Spinal like a skeleton fort's boss and you have to defeat him to win the figurehead just like the megalodon !

• This could be a cool thing to have a new figurehead or maybe sails, hull or clothes when you defeat a Skeleton Fort Boss for the first time ! For example de figurehead of Spinal when you defeat him, or a black damaged sails when you defeat the Blackbeard like Captain.

• Hi there,

I wanted you to know I thought about that 3 keys needed to open the door mixed with the community of Sea of Thieves and all those griefers we can see to be mentionned here on the forum. So I thought that some people would probably want to troll by stealing one of the key before leaving the Skeleton Fort and drop the key somewhere in the sea, or maybe steal the 3 keys and let people just make the job for them, killing the Captain and leave the Fort without the treasure, so they could come back with the keys to steal the loot.

This is why I decided to let the Captain leaving a Cursed Skull on the ground when defeated, BUT he would also leave a key. This key would be Red and the ultimate one to open the door even if you don't have all the Green keys.

text alternatif

Of course, if the door is already opened, the Captain will not give you the Red Key to prevent players to keep the Red Key and use it on another Skeleton Fort. When the doors are opened, the all the unused keys will vanish for obvious reasons.

• Hello there again,

I would like to add a new feature, following the last update we had in Sea of Thieves, and just because I had this idea for a long time now.

text alternatif

Here you will find this idea : Exploding Sharks.

They spawn when a ship come inside the Skeleton Fort area where the music begins. Three or four sharks focus on the ship which invading the Fort and just swim to hit it with the barrel. Of course, they won't swim together side by side, but they will come one after the other to explode on the ship.

If one ship is already in the area and a new ship is coming, then the 3 or 4 new sharks will focus on that new ship. And of course, to kill it, just shoot the barrel, as we do right now with the skeletons !

• @grievous32 Bwahaha!!! 😆

That's the funniest thing I've seen since I heard about laser-wielding sharks, LOL!

• @galactic-geek Everything is awesome !

• This is better and better at each update !!

• @grievous32 we'll need a warning about 20 seconds before the sharks appear. like a security horn or something. And you hear sharks growl beneath the ocean.

• Man :O u nailed it ! Ideas are perfect

• While the idea is funny, P**A wouldn't approve this!

Besides that it shifts the odds to much in favor of galleons. I don't think they should make the game easier for sloops, but making it unequally harder isn't the right way either.

Edit: Why [self censored] is the abbreviation for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals" censored?

• @crimsonraziel написал в Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18):

While the idea is funny, P**A wouldn't approve this!

Besides that it shifts the odds to much in favor of galleons. I don't think they should make the game easier for sloops, but making it unequally harder isn't the right way either.

thats why they need to add some "party" options for events like this) so 2 sloops can join fight togather without risk of killing each other :)
    But i think its all in future

• @grievous32 I think this is a very unique idea and I love the concept and it seems well put together though there are a couple holes in it such as the different areas like you said not all forts can do this exact concept, that's an easy fix but let me ask what would stop player from just shooting themselves into the "castle" area, also this idea has so many troll factors what stops someone from taking 2 of the keys to just troll bc lets be honest I can easily see that happening and what would consider the fort done opening the treasure room or killing the boss bc if it was depending on opening the treasure room then the forts would be stuck and would be unable to complete other than that(maybe you covered this already I didn't read all responses) I think it's a very good idea and wouldn't mind seeing some of these features added

• @jorin33 a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

@grievous32 we'll need a warning about 20 seconds before the sharks appear. like a security horn or something. And you hear sharks growl beneath the ocean.

We don't need it because the music starts very far from the Skeleton Forts and already warns you you'll be focused by the sharks !

• @crimsonraziel a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

While the idea is funny, P**A wouldn't approve this!

Edit: Why [self censored] is the abbreviation for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals" censored?

The sloop would have some little problem with the shark, but it's easier to drive it, and easier to save from flooding water. If a galleon take damage from an exploding shark, then it will be pushed and will have to find another way because its path would have been changed by the explosion. A sloop can easily just turn back to its path and continue.

You also can turn around the Fort to shoot the incoming sharks before you move forward right to the Skeleton Fort. The game needs to be more difficult at some point.

• I'm amazed, this is quite impressive. And while I think boom sharks are scary I do feel all of your suggestions have been well thought out and add something to the current forts. I like this.

• @monsterurm a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

@grievous32 I think this is a very unique idea and I love the concept and it seems well put together though there are a couple holes in it such as the different areas like you said not all forts can do this exact concept, that's an easy fix but let me ask what would stop player from just shooting themselves into the "castle" area, also this idea has so many troll factors what stops someone from taking 2 of the keys to just troll bc lets be honest I can easily see that happening and what would consider the fort done opening the treasure room or killing the boss bc if it was depending on opening the treasure room then the forts would be stuck and would be unable to complete other than that(maybe you covered this already I didn't read all responses) I think it's a very good idea and wouldn't mind seeing some of these features added

The Fort would be considered like finished when the Captain is dead.

If someone wants to troll and steal the key, then the Captain has a main key (the red one) which can open the door without the 3 others.

If you're a solo player, you can kill the number of skeletons you need to kill to open the door of the castle (30 in 1st phase, 30 in 2nd phase if there are 3 phases, and 50 in 1st phase if there are 2 phases).

If the door is open, then you can grab the keys and open the door to steal some treasure before you leave the island to bring back the treasures to an outpost.

For those who come to the Skeleton Fort and see the treasure room already opened, then you still have the Captain to kill. It must be an epic fight against an enemy totally unique with specific attacks to force the players to change the way they usually play against basic skeletons (and also current Captains in the game).

Kill the Captain could give you a Cursed Skull which could give you a great reward in gold or maybe in case we could fight Spinal, a figurehead for your ship by killing the Captain !

• @grievous32 I said, they shouldn't make it unequally harder.

With the galleon I just ignore the towers most of the time. They usually only blow holes in the middle deck. It' not as simple as that with sloops (again, I didn't say they need to make is easier). On a 4 player galleon you have 2 players left to care of the sharks. On a sloop 1 or 0.

• @nefrit-od a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

Man :O u nailed it ! Ideas are perfect

Thank you very much !

@hynieth a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

I'm amazed, this is quite impressive. And while I think boom sharks are scary I do feel all of your suggestions have been well thought out and add something to the current forts. I like this.

Thank you too ! I'd love we could enjoy everything about this !

• @crimsonraziel a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

@grievous32 I said, they shouldn't make it unequally harder.

With the galleon I just ignore the towers most of the time. They usually only blow holes in the middle deck. It' not as simple as that with sloops (again, I didn't say they need to make is easier). On a 4 player galleon you have 2 players left to care of the sharks. On a sloop 1 or 0.

I understand and I agree at some point, but Rare already said that play Sea of Thieves in solo is quite like play in the Hard mode. The fact it could be a little harder would not change the fact all of these changes could only bring fun.

But as you're right at some point, it's a game, it's just programming, then we could say that if a galleon enter the Skeleton Fort's area, 3 or 4 exploding sharks could spawn. And if this is a sloop, then only 2 exploding sharks would spawn.

As I said, when you're inside the area, the sharks will focus on you. The tower won't shoot at you until you're at a certain distance of the Fort. Then you'll just have to turn around the Fort and prepare yourself to shoot at the sharks.

Does it sound better ?

• @grievous32 if they come only once you're right. but if they appear multiple times they do need a warning.

• @jorin33 a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

@grievous32 if they come only once you're right. but if they appear multiple times they do need a warning.

I didn't think the sharks would spawn multiple time to be honest. In my thoughts, the sharks would spawn only once when you invade the Skeleton Fort. The next sharks which spawn would only spawn once (once again) but would be focused on another ship to prevent them to swim in a docked ship.

• @Grievous32 you sir have an amazing mind, the game would benefit sooo much from these additions! This would make it a proper raid, something actually worthwhile doing!

I really hope the devs see your ideas and add them into the game. I'd actually start doing skull forts if these changes were made.

• Incredible idea and art work!

• @thewolfman321 a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

@Grievous32 you sir have an amazing mind, the game would benefit sooo much from these additions! This would make it a proper raid, something actually worthwhile doing!

I really hope the devs see your ideas and add them into the game. I'd actually start doing skull forts if these changes were made.

Thank you very much ! I also think I'd love to do these raid if all these changes were made. It would change everything to not give to us a basic wave-after-wave system.

• @grievous32 said in Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18): It would change everything to not give to us a basic wave-after-wave system.

Yeah, at the moment they are basically just bigger Order of Souls quests :/

• @grievous32 Nice! There is so much here man. Good job, don't know if I agree with everything, but would like to see many of these things in the game.

---I am really hoping they add some forts in the future besides the 3 that we have currently, and I think that would open things up for more difficult and rewarding experiences.
    ---With cursed sails, I really want to see forts that have multiple ships protection the fort.
    ---Love the wave idea, although I think it would need to be more of an internal thing that opens an area that cannot be accessed from launching yourself with a cannon. Maybe a fort that leads into a cave?
    ---To your statement about the keys, I think the best solution to this would be to have multiple captains on some forts. Each having a key. Reward would have to be a bit larger of course.
    ---Exploding Sharks sounds awesome, hopefully they float when they get close so that we have some chance of spotting them (lol).

• @thewolfman321 totally true.

I think if they need to change only ONE thing in all of this, this must be the Captains.

The Captains from Skeleton Forts MUST be different and unique, to create a better ambience, and unique and epic fight against a great PvP boss.

• @grievous32 I would definitely love to see some of your ideas in game at the very least the skeleton fort "waves" get changed to constant spawn and you have to kill a certain number it'd make the game play a little more hectic, but I want more people to put time and effort for coming up with ideas like you've done very good job

• @monsterurm a dit dans Skeleton Forts : How to make the experience less repetitive, and more unique and dynamic (UPDATE : 07/01/18) :

@grievous32 I would definitely love to see some of your ideas in game at the very least the skeleton fort "waves" get changed to constant spawn and you have to kill a certain number it'd make the game play a little more hectic, but I want more people to put time and effort for coming up with ideas like you've done very good job

Thank you very much ! What are the ideas here you don't really like and why ? The goal is to here everybody to make the Skeleton Forts better ! Hoping a Rare Employee will see the thread and maybe try something with all of this.

Views
63 out of 74