Streaming and Island LODs

• As bad as the island loading is - I'd rather them find a way to properly blend distant ships into the environment. Its FAR too obvious to spot a ship. they are always rendered darker than everything around them.

• @itsporkchopfu said in Streaming and Island LODs:

@hudson-rl said in Streaming and Island LODs:

@personalc0ffee suppose we should just keep making new posts then? Good one.

Agreed. The topic has been relevant from the start and is still relevant now.

@ItsPorkchopFu you are absolutely right that this issue is still very relevant. If you find it an issue have your voice heard. They have wanted this topic to die and the issue to go away and not truly address it.

Everyone speak up and keep up the fight!

• I would love to see a response from Rare on this and their horrible pitch black HDR, but will likely just see the thread locked.

• @itsporkchopfu said in Streaming and Island LODs:

I would love to see a response from Rare on this and their horrible pitch black HDR, but will likely just see the thread locked.

We have not heard anything since we started this discussion 3 months ago. As you can see from the history of this discussion things got worse, improved a little, however the state of the issues we brought up never returned to where they were before all the patching.

A lot of time has passed and Rare and Microsoft seem set to just sail along as is. There are a lot of other issues that made the game worse such as lack of content and their focus has been on that which is understandable. Without the a constant flow of new and better content Sea of Thieves will not keep any wind in their sails.

• @crowlikedream said in Streaming and Island LODs:

@itsporkchopfu said in Streaming and Island LODs:

I would love to see a response from Rare on this and their horrible pitch black HDR, but will likely just see the thread locked.

We have not heard anything since we started this discussion 3 months ago. As you can see from the history of this discussion things got worse, improved a little, however the state of the issues we brought up never returned to where they were before all the patching.

A lot of time has passed and Rare and Microsoft seem set to just sail along as is. There are a lot of other issues that made the game worse such as lack of content and their focus has been on that which is understandable. Without the a constant flow of new and better content Sea of Thieves will not keep any wind in their sails.

I agree, game breaking bugs and content to keep the game afloat with players should be the priority.

That said, I think we would all at least like this issue officially acknowledged and preferably also slated for debugging by one of their many teams.

• @mr-fellblade

not sure if this applies, but ive been running into it lately where a ship is nit visible on the horizon. i begin to raise my sails and when i look up a ship is there in front of me. ive only been experiencing this within the past week or so

• This is REALY a gamebreaker for me, i am complaining from patch 1.02 and they just ignore it.
    On high end pc btw

• Thank you for the update. This was incredibly detailed and informational

• @captin1080ti said in Streaming and Island LODs:

This is REALY a gamebreaker for me, i am complaining from patch 1.02 and they just ignore it.
    On high end pc btw

They didn't ignore it, they posted a response here, which you are replying to, saying that the actual data on their end shows everyone should have the same draw distance and its not been changed since launch. They explained the draw distance can vary based on what the system is doing, but it's consistently been within a set of parameters.

I've never seen someone complaining about this ever offer any actual evidence that this gets worse from one patch to the next.

• @thekitchner said in Streaming and Island LODs:

@captin1080ti said in Streaming and Island LODs:

This is REALY a gamebreaker for me, i am complaining from patch 1.02 and they just ignore it.
    On high end pc btw

They didn't ignore it, they posted a response here, which you are replying to, saying that the actual data on their end shows everyone should have the same draw distance and its not been changed since launch. They explained the draw distance can vary based on what the system is doing, but it's consistently been within a set of parameters.

I've never seen someone complaining about this ever offer any actual evidence that this gets worse from one patch to the next.

On the contrary. Examples have been posted and submitted.

• @crowlikedream said in Streaming and Island LODs:.

On the contrary. Examples have been posted and submitted.

This very thread was in response to someone posting these "examples" and the OP clearly states these were taken beyond the draw distances. It then goes on to say anyone who's not beyond the draw distance and is seeing something should file a bug report, because they can't see that happening in their data at all.

Its far more likely that the people providing examples aren't providing examples that demonstrate there's a problem. They "remember" being able to see things from that distance but that was never the case. I trust data over what people claim to remember.

• @mattydove74 said in Streaming and Island LODs:

@personalc0ffee said in Streaming and Island LODs:

Quit necroing threads.

We will when Rare stops necroing bugs and performance issues...

this ^

• Appropriate examples have been given numerous times as well as tickets submitted. The issue has been ignored and people keep coming along saying everyone is wrong. Whatever.

The issue is real. Examples have been provided. Tickets have been submitted despite Rare's response to tickets has been shameful. That is why we have ended up where we are making these posts.

It is what it is. Somethings have improved in minor ways since players stated posting here. Doubt things will ever be like they were. Some may not notice it and more importantly want to acknowledge it like Rare does not want to. It does not matter as the truth is in the game for all to see if they honestly look.

• Hello.

After months of silence about this subject I wonder if any solution has been found for the LoDs and streaming problems?

• @dotcomrobots Wow, that's a huge necro right there. ^_^

Try not to react to dead threads, the mods don't like it as most things here are waaaay out of date.

• This problem is present since day 1 and barely any response have been given from Rare.

11 Months later and still nothing. No surprise it gets bumped from time to time.

The topic might be dead but it doesn't mean the problem has been fixed or that players aren't waiting for an answer about it anymore.

• @dotcomrobots unfortunately though it is against the forum rules to necro threads that have been inactive for longer than 3 months matey.
    Please refrain from doing so and search for newer topics, or in the absence of one, feel free to then add your own, perhaps linking in the older thread to show the discussion that has already taken place.

@Deckhands, @Quartermasters any chance of a lock here?

• https://media.giphy.com/media/gnERdbQXlPGDe/giphy.gif

@Sshteeve They should drop the anchor am I right ;-)

Views
178 out of 193