The black spot, on the map!

• I have been obsessed with it since early alpha. If you look at the map, all the way to the south east corner of the map. You will see that it that the map boarder shadow creeps in over that part. Now you will also see that there is a skull wave on that part of the map. No where else is there one other than our side the play map.
    Now I must admit that I have been there at all times of the day and night and even swam down as deep as I could in the day and night and found absolutely nothing.
    But doesn't it seem odd to you?
    Like it should be a thing?
    Have you ever noticed it before now?
    Will you now obsess over it as I have?
    Maybe I'll see you there at my black spot.

Views
  • After staying up all night to play the game 12+ hours, only getting 4 hours of sleep, and literally about to set sail in five minutes............. I might obsess about it a little bit.

Just a tad.

• @lvl100-mage
    Don't let it consume as much time from you as it has for me :)

• @lucrativedoor8 I'll try not to! Happy sailing!

• I already checked it in alpha as well, swam down too, looked around, waited for nighttime and checked again. Nothing. If there was something intended to be there, I guess they will place it there later :/

• @lvl100-mage said in The black spot, on the map!:

After staying up all night to play the game 12+ hours, only getting 4 hours of sleep, and literally about to set sail in five minutes............. I might obsess about it a little bit.

Just a tad.

Im not the only one?! I did the exact same thing (only the staying up all night playing the game 12+ hours only sleeping 4 hours part)

• I have absolutely returned to that spot many a time for I thought it was odd as well. Scarey swim it is lol. Hope to see any there as well

• @kgmshylian
    Well I'll be checking up on it maybe once a play through just to be sure.
    Never know when something tasty might wash up.
    Also good to know I'm not the only one with an eye for adventure.

• @darknighteagle I didn't realize it was so late until I looked at the clock and realized, "omg?! It's 1:30 pm???????????????? How? When??"
    Nice to know I'm not the only one who got lost in the game for 12+ hours.

• @lucrativedoor8 Yep, I am looking for these things too. :) Takes my mind off the grind.

• @kgmshylian
    I explored during all the tests as their was no point in progress. You would be amazed at what you find under the water... other than sharks. My favorite thing I found was a ship with its prow stabbed through the ribcage of a sea monster. That must of been one hell of a fight!

• One of the first places I went when I first spotted it during the beta and tests. Nothing found, but it is intriguing.

Nice to see others noticed that and adventured over to take a look! :)

• @lucrativedoor8 I believe you are talking about the uncharted islands in the middle and the similar looking pair of that (oh I forgot where I found it) they all look pretty neat. :) Yet to find more. But gotta up my reputations now first..

• @kgmshylian
    Reputation shmeputation
    Just sail around with me! The hobo nobody in my little junk boat and dive to find pointless stuff!
    But alas I understand that greatness is waiting for none. So to you I say happy sailing and if you see a sloop parked out in the middle of nowhere, good chance it's me.

• Yeah I checked it out and I found a shipwreck a square or two northwest of it surprisingly (because nothing else is out that far) but didn't find anything when swimming down beneath the waters or such, even after sailing right over the skull.

Seems like either something that'll be done later or it's just a random decoration on the map. Yet I feel like Rare wouldn't do that randomly without intention.

• @lvl100-mage said in The black spot, on the map!:

@darknighteagle I didn't realize it was so late until I looked at the clock and realized, "omg?! It's 1:30 pm???????????????? How? When??"
    Nice to know I'm not the only one who got lost in the game for 12+ hours.

Yes 100% not the only one... I need a life xD

• As an explorer, after looking at this I was tempted to look, but with your experience, I also looked off the edge of the map everywhere, and they were all over. Still possible it will be a thing but maybe it isn’t?

• Matey! If ye sail there now and dive within the water, you'll hear a strange song! It seems ye were right!

• @lucrativedoor8 I’ve been wondering about this spot since day one and I’ll join you in the diving I’ve found the ferry before it’s part of the world hidden under the sea, also love the gamer pic, blazing saddles is one of my favorite movies

• @castlecrasher61 said in The black spot, on the map!:

Matey! If ye sail there now and dive within the water, you'll hear a strange song! It seems ye were right!

You hear that music everywhere underwater

Even in PL tavern

• That is where Rare employees sail to their last day of work, they scuttle there and wait for the sharks.

Views
17 out of 21