Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: June 20th

• @DrunkPunk138 Just to clarify what @Akbar37 said; Yes, he said you will get 1 level. I don't think he mentioned anything about the wheel? Correct me if I'm wrong.

• @drbullhammer @xCALYPT0x

Hahahahahahah ;) He normally beats me too it anyway :P

• Not that my soecilation is anywhere close to reality.. considering my heavy belief that the dubs would be MT currency..

But what if the challenge is to kill x skellies without blowing up the keg.

• @drbullhammer lol. it's always a race. @Musicmee cheated a bit today. Most of us only check youtube. :)

• @drbullhammer Lol that's just downright dirty! But we are pirates... ;)

@Musicmee IDK man, you are like lightening!

• This was a good video.

• @awesomecoreusa The one whole level increase actually makes me interested in buying the letters though. It's gotta be tough to try and balance that though.

I am also worried about the commendations they are planning on introducing to encourage replay. For me, commendations are not reward enough to keep doing it over. Those are like the most uninteresting rewards.

• cool, they answered some of my questions :D i wonder how cool the skelly weapons will be.

• @lifewcoke Oh I will totally buy them now where I wouldn't have before. Knocking off level 49 - 50 of OoS in 2 seconds with a purchase... yup, works for me. I think they will either neft if pretty quickly or decide not to proceed, it really is way too much unless they make it cost 200 doubloons.

I'd replay something for a commendation as long as it is not 'do this 1,000 times'. Depends on the task and how repetitive it gets. I'd happily have helped people kill Meg 10 or 50 times for a commendation, but not 100 or 500.

• @musicmee said in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: June 20th:

1. Improvements to skeleton accuracy with blunderbusses and pistols.

uh...
    Reminder to grind OoS before it's even more impossible to do solo.

• I appreciated the note that multi crew events are something they will continue to do, and are looking at ways to make it easier to get that cooperation.

• Rare, please don't improve skeleton accuracy! They are already pretty accurate. : )

• @marsmayflower They are making them less accurate - or more realistic in terms of not having perfect aim every time.

• @sir-lotus CHEATED???!! The cheek of it!

• Thanks for posting this. I'm really looking forward to the insta-levels! They're taking this game in a good direction.

• Do we have to cooperate with strangers or not? Need to know whether or not to retire sea of thieves to the cupboard.

• Not sure how i feel about the whole buying a whole rep level with the doubloons...
    IT was meant to be a small boost for your left over coins. Guess enough people complained it wasnt enough free rep and now you can buy a whole level. This will make 40-50 a lot more easier...
    They better get some content in for people past pirate legend because that 5k legend number is about to jump to almost everyone, ha.
    At the same time though.. i am level 48 in merchant... you bet your a*s im going to skip to 50, the grind is a joke... its a solution, but not a great one? I dont know.. i like it but i dont... what i WILL miss on skipping it straight up through bilge rat is all the money i would have made, so i guess there IS a bit of a trade off for not grinding it out?..

Rest of the update seems great, i wish they would address the accuracy and frequency of skeletons on cannons at forts again. Seems lke when they redacted a patch awhile ago that it went back to normal and needs to be addressed again.

• @musicmee and it will be appreciated.

• @shuoink 48-50 in merchant doesn't take very long

• @marsmayflower Good for you? I am not a fan of the merchant quests, so they take me a long time. If i can buy my way through em, you bet i will. At the same time though i think they should have left the commendation rep as is so that people CANT buy their way through em, it was meant as a boost, something to do with your extra coin, now it will get used to power level the last few levels for each faction. Ah well

• @scrubber89 said in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: June 20th:

Do we have to cooperate with strangers or not? Need to know whether or not to retire sea of thieves to the cupboard.

Hello again. Yes, in the video they stressed that they really want to encourage inter-crew cooperation. However, in the video he also acknowledged issues that people are having (just like the issues you posted about) and stated they are looking at ways to bring more tools for players to accomplish these events more easily.

• EXTREMELY GOOD NEWS UPDATE!

I love this game.

• Liars- Scam- I'm sorry, but they talked up weekly events as a solution.

This game can't deliver. Next thing u know bi monthly. RIP

• @musicmee said in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: June 20th:

1. Bilge Rat Doubloons are persistent across all Bilge Rat Adventures. (And not linked to microtransactions)

This makes me wonder if there will ever be rewards that cost more doubloons than you can earn during an event. My fear is that there'll be extra, limited-time cosmetics that you need to have been saving from previous events to afford... because I won't probably won't have enough then.

I was very happy to see that the Thrones Event paid out enough to buy the bonecrusher set for completing just the solo thrones, so hopefully they keep it like that. Don't get me wrong---I enjoy teaming with other crews, but it's much less stressful knowing that I won't miss out on cool gear if I can't find anyone for whatever reason.

Also excited about the skeleton aim-bot fix for next week.

• BUG: Grand admiral hull still NOT fixed

I read in todays patch notes that the grand admiral hull design has been updated to look correct. I'd felt ripped off after buying it because it looked NOTHING like the picture so I was excited to hear it and anxiously logged on to see it

It is literally IDENTICAL to before the patch. Nothing is updated. It is still a weird washed out yellow color, instead of the black hull in the picture, and no red stripe around the top

It still looks nothing whatsoever like the picture and has no change at all from what I can tell

• Yay a new patch and you guys still fails to fix these glitches that have been in the game since the hungering deep. Are you guys aware how broken they are?

1. Cannon glitch.
    2. Double snake bite.
    3. Getting instantly brigged when loading into the game.

It's sad that im more excited for the bug fixes than next weeks event.

• @katchep Ahoy matey! The double snake bite glitch will be fixed next week.

• Seems to me like the Bilge Rats are sending us out on adventures having to do a lot with skeletons. Will this lead up to Cursed Sails or something more?

Also, glad they're not having anything to do with microtransactions and adding replayability to the events, which is sorely needed when they're now gonna be two weeks long.

One more thing... I got pretty hyped when he mentioned hair clipping in jackets! Yes!

• @musicmee Cool...and what about the grand admiral hull design that the patch claims is fixed, but is in no way fixed?

• @harlton-cheston said in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: June 20th:

@musicmee said in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: June 20th:

1. Bilge Rat Doubloons are persistent across all Bilge Rat Adventures. (And not linked to microtransactions)

This makes me wonder if there will ever be rewards that cost more doubloons than you can earn during an event. My fear is that there'll be extra, limited-time cosmetics that you need to have been saving from previous events to afford... because I won't probably won't have enough then.

I was very happy to see that the Thrones Event paid out enough to buy the bonecrusher set for completing just the solo thrones, so hopefully they keep it like that. Don't get me wrong---I enjoy teaming with other crews, but it's much less stressful knowing that I won't miss out on cool gear if I can't find anyone for whatever reason.

Also excited about the skeleton aim-bot fix for next week.

This is something I am worried about as well. It is the reason I have not spent any of my extra doubloons and probably never will. It's also the reason I try to maintain above 1 million gold in game. You never know when they are going to throw expensive time-limited content into the game. This was the only reason I was able to afford the ruffian sea dog and grand admiral figureheads that were removed from the game. I have yet to buy pirate legend ship cosmetics because it will bankrupt me. Bought the time limited bone crusher stuff and and sitting on 40 extra doubloons. If they make doubloons farmable I will amass as many as I can.

• @drunkpunk138 said in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: June 20th:

@akbar37 said in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: June 20th:

@awesomecoreusa I think one full level is too much personally, I’m mean it’s nice and will use it to my advantage before they decide to lower it.

Edit:
    That is if you can buy multiple per week of the same rep

Did they actually say one full level? I can't check out the video myself yet.

Yep. One full level, regardless of level. I imagine they'll keep it so you can only buy one rep package per trading company with each event, so you can only use it to go up one level every two weeks

• Awesome video update!

I'll say this though - About the Bilge Rat commendations:
    The way it is, currently, seems pretty well done, to me. I could see a tiny boost to it.
    I am dumbfounded that they'd consider making it one full level of advancement, no matter the level.

That's, in my opinion, insane and totally imbalanced (not complaining if that's what they WANT to do, but I can't understand it - at all).

I couldn't believe some people expected a more significant boost from those. I figured each commendation should give you rep for approximately 10k-20k value of loot. That seemed balanced to the gold values you could trade for the doubloons. And that seemed reasonable, all things considered.

Everything else from the video was aces, to me. :)

• @shuoink I believe you are only allowed to buy one per faction per event.

• In regards to the letters to increase your reputation, I have already spent some dubloons to upgrade my merchant rank twice (purchase, exit, talk to and purchase again). If they change it to be a full level per time you purchase, will that be retroactive? I would rather they kept it the way it is instead of the full level. It's not hard to grind out the lower levels so it would be a waste compared to holding on until you reach the higher levels. If it's not retroactive then I just spent my dubloons on a c****y letter when I could have taken the gold instead.

• I'm very concerned about this wheel change for two reason.

1. Stop leaving changes out of the patch notes please.
    2. Galleons can now reach their max turn speed in HALF the time! Their max turn speed may be the same overall duration of the turn is now less. Example: a car that goes from 0-60 in half the time of another car will still get there faster if the max speed is the same between the two cars...
Views
62 out of 97