Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2

• @karatemonkey800 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@thekitchner Some people, including myself, do not like this because it is introducing politics into a fantasy game. I get bombarded by political BS all day long, I don't want to deal with it when I escape into a game.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I'm not begrudging anyone's lifestyle. But, in explicitly connecting this flag to pride month, Rare introduced a political slant to their game.

Is it expecting too much for Rare to follow their own rules and keep politics out?

• I don't see anything in the patch notes about awarding the delayed gold and reputation from June 10th. The twitter account said it would be "later this week". Has there been any update on this?

• @genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@braxkedren said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@khaleesibot as long as Creed allows those to request and get implemented flags that denominate them as well.

As was mentioned in the large thread, a white flag with the fish symbol on it, a Muslim flag for those of that creed and so forth.

This is a touchy subject and NOT including others can lead to a huge PR backlash if not handled correctly.

Rare also needs to state how they will handle any abuse those flying this Rainbow flag receive. That was my biggest worry about this and I really don’t mind the flag, it’s the actions of others towards this that worries me.

Rubbish. Celebrating diversity is not a religion. It’s just being a decent human being. There will be no “PR” backlash. As for players being abusive in the game...have you actually played the game? LOL. The kind of people who would act abusive towards other players over a flag don’t need a reason. Most people attack on sight anyway, so I don’t see the difference.

I think this is a brilliant, bold, positive decision by Rare. They’ve earned even more of my respect and loyalty, and I believe you’ll find many others agree with me.

+1 on that... also @CptBartRoberts The flag does not support and religion, nationality or a political statement. As mentioned before, celebrating diversity is not a religion.

Also: "Where is my update!?" XD

• I'm curious about how the new currency will work. Why not just unlock access with participation in events and buy rewards with gold? I'd like to hear or read the reasoning sometime.

It's a shame the first weekly event has been delayed two days in a row. It calls the "weekly" aspect into doubt. Does this set back the next event?

It will be nice to plunder shipwrecks without feeding the sharks!

The event won't be complete until I see a screenshot of a throned pirate surrounded by loot.

• I can't wait to fly the rainbow just to see if it gets me "flagged" for pvp. I'm straight (but very much an ally), but I still want to sail with a fleet and call ourselves "The Gay Agenda"

I feel this was an addition that was more in line with what Rare represents as a company rather than "bowing to SJWs" as some seem to think. The released an SoT shirt in the shop to celebrate pride after all and it wasn't at the bequest of the players. They did that on their own.

I do hope for a wide variety of flags in game. But maybe more abstract designs or just make options fully customizable.

Either way, great job on the patch just PLEASE fix the double venom glitch!

• @honusdan said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Just checking in to see if the real problem in the game has been addressed (Crossplay) and the answer is NO! I guess thank for another couple hours of game play.

I will agree that the Flag issue is way out of proportion, but I can also say the exact same thing about CrossPlay. You know it seems that Console players outnumber PC players almost 5 to 1. That means that maybe, just maybe, 1 potentially full ship of players on your server is a PC player. In all reality, you probably will only run into a PC player once every handful of games or higher if you server hop to only do skull forts.

There are so many other things in this game that should be addressed that Crossplay is nearing the bottom of the list. If the Flag Situation brought you any messaging it is that All Players are equal, that includes PC and Console Players. With that said, there should not be any exclusion under that rule and that flag addition. I think that Rare made a statement that no one will be excluded so I would think that the same statement applies to Crossplay.

• @admiral-rrrsole
    Preach on mate.

• @awesomecoreusa Please refrain from engaging in political debates, as they are against the forum rules.

• Wait, did this come out today (13th) or is it coming out tomorrow (14th)? HOW DUMB AM I BEING.

• @dreg527 Ahoy matey!

The patch notes came out today but the patch will be tomorrow :)

• @hallower1980 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

I'm curious about how the new currency will work. Why not just unlock access with participation in events and buy rewards with gold? I'd like to hear or read the reasoning sometime.

It looks as if the Bilge rats are going to be thier own faction, and will be around for good from now on, think the whole doubloons thing is going to be a consistant thing used throughout future weekly events, the fact that they can be either cashed in for gold or "a word in the ear" of a chosen faction to increase XP is good news, if playing some sort of side game within the game (Bilge Rat Quest) and being able to increase your XP will help elleviate the feeling that everything is a "grind" to get to pirate legend.

Would of been good to have seen that you could also use them towards upgrading athena levels for pirate legends too though.

• @nightmare247365 No offence, but I am in a "crew" (discord server) that consists of around 50-50 PC and console players. Either way @honusdan , I am not sure what the Crossplay problem is even supposed to be. The game is cross platform, some people like console, others prefere PC. You can even use controlers on PC so players complaining, that the other system is more or less powerful and that is why you stick to your system or can't use tho other is nonsense.

So basically, I totally agree, Crossplay is not really an issue at all in my oppinion.

• @thekitchner I have edited your post. Please refrain from using derogatory language against a specific group of people. Your point stands on its own even with the edit.

Thank you!

• Why is there so much censorship today? I seen a religious thread shut down for talking about it, but i thought the new flag means everyone is excepted? So we have a flag that includes excepting everyones religion, but we cant talk about religion or other flags that express it? I am confused

• Thanks for all the amazing updates! Really looking forward to the two expansions and can't wait to work on the Bilge rat progression!

• I'm so confused?! I logged in and can't find any of these things! Has it not started yet or am I missing something? I read the post three times!

• @bearcubbin Ahoy matey!

The patch notes came out today but the patch will be tomorrow :) Server maintenance is Thursday 10am - 2pm BST.

• @musicmee
    Okay thank you so much! I feel silly!! :P

• @bearcubbin Hehehehe no worries... it was done a little differently this time around because of the patch delay.

See you on the seas soon!

• @drbullhammer Awwww what's wrong lil Bully? Did your precious wee bitty sloop get sunk again?🙂 Now go round up some more treasure for us real pirates to sack off of ya😎

• @drbullhammer Keep scuttling there bully😁 It's your thing!😁

• @thekitchner said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@gloog said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Muslims and POC are persecuted far more where I am from. I want to protect them and represent them in SoT.

Cool, and if there was a flag for religious tolerance I'd support that being in the game too.

I’m sure you would. Which is why being inclusive and adding religious flags separately would be a great idea and a step forward.

• Rainbow flag needs to be removed. Your community is separated enough by Xbox players vs. PC players, PVP players to PVE players. All this new flag will do is anger people one way or the other.

• @thekitchner @KNIGHTFIRE098 @seahorsesforevr As per the Forum Rules we all must remain respectful towards all other community members when posting on the forums. I have moderated your post as it was not in accordance with these rules, failure to remain respectful of all community members will result in a temporary ban from the forums.

Please read and abide by the forum rules going forward.

Thanks!

• I'm so grateful to the individuals at Rare for opening lines of communication and giving players what we have been asking for. I truly believe that you are creating the one of the most unique gaming experience in the history of video games.

This, coupled with gloriously stunning graphics, and an uniquely dynamic and creative gameplay dependent on a unifying international multiplayer experience without doubt places Sea of Thieves as one of my favorite video games of all time.

Thank you to all of the developers, social media teams, research and development teams, executives, and everyone else at Rare for such an incredible amount of dedication to this game and continuing to release free weekly content and quality of life updates (mainly rowboats, OMG thank you thank you thank you, I literally cannot wait).

• Man, really wish every gaming website on the planet wasn't reporting that this was out already. You guys should really state clearly what day this is dropping.

• I can't update to 1.1.2, I am stuck on 1.1.1

What is happening?! Is it not released yet?

• @yadroak wait until tomorrows maintenance and try again

• @admiral-rrrsole there is no need to copy/paste an entire events calendar here. A link is more than enough to make your point.

• @nightmare247365 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@honusdan said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Just checking in to see if the real problem in the game has been addressed (Crossplay) and the answer is NO! I guess thank for another couple hours of game play.

I will agree that the Flag issue is way out of proportion, but I can also say the exact same thing about CrossPlay. You know it seems that Console players outnumber PC players almost 5 to 1. That means that maybe, just maybe, 1 potentially full ship of players on your server is a PC player. In all reality, you probably will only run into a PC player once every handful of games or higher if you server hop to only do skull forts.

You're almost correct. Once upon a time there was a 5 to one ratio of XBox to PC players. I might run into a PC player once a week. Sometimes not even. I stopped playing when it was every other ship I came across was PC and yes it is very easy to tell who is PC. I think it's fair to assume the PC playerbase didn't increase that much. That leaves us with the XBox playerbase that has been chased off. Yes, I do understand that a lot left for content, but crossplay is the bigger killer. Players will push through a little monotony as long as they are having fun. It's the flat negative experience which will cause them to delete the game. Forced crossplay is the single biggest problem with the game. SoT will never recover because of it. Anyone that actually cares has already given up and left the game. We spoke with our numbers. Enjoy your PC game! (no pun intended).

• @gloog It is the age of identity politics. Everyone needs something that represents their own self-importance, even in fictional worlds that have no concept of real-world politics. It is society being crushed under its own decadence.

• @oldrusty-gaming It's called virtue signaling. It isn't enough to just be accepting. You need to display it in an overt manner so you will be "accepted." Quite ironic. Never mind the fact that Rare releases this into a game (whose progression system is purely cosmetic) already lacking cosmetic content. Nope, don't need some new looking weapons or clothes. I'm convinced Rare has one dude locked in a basement being forced to code this entire game. His name is Chuck and he needs your help to free him. How else can you explain the ridiculous slow release of cosmetics. Never mind all of that though, we just need that rainbow flag. What a slap in the face that is.

Views
217 out of 367