Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2

• Patch Notes - 1.1.2

Ahoy pirates!

Battered and broken by the cannon fire of an entire sea of adversaries, the Hungering One has returned to the depths and can no longer be summoned. Does this mean the waters are safe to sail again? Not for long. She may be the mightiest of her kind, but she is not the only one of her kind. From the next patch, the surface will be breached by others following in her wake. A new age of predators has dawned and things will never be the same again...

For now a different kind of thrilling adventure has arrived! The first of our regular events introduces Skeleton Thrones. Patch 1.1.2 also brings further improvements for our colour blind pirates and multiple fixes for known issues.

Bilge Rat Adventures - Skeleton Thrones

Do you consider yourself a well travelled Pirate who knows the map of the seas like the back of their hook? Combine this with eagle-eye precision with your cannon skill and you may well earn your crew some fine booty this week!

alt text

• Skeleton Thrones Event – The Skeleton Thrones are the latest addition to the world of Sea of Thieves. These thrones require a good sense of discovery to find, and for some an even steadier aim to reach. There are 5 small Thrones and 5 large Thrones, the small requiring just one pirate to sit on, but the larger requiring pirates to be sat on it from more than one crew. Look high, look low, and look within…
    • Bilge Rat Progression Screen - Bilge Rats now have their own dedicated progression screen! This information can be found on the front page of the progression screen via the [Menu] (controller) or [Tab] (keyboard) buttons. Chart your progress through the Skeleton Thrones event on this screen, not to mention getting some important clues as to the location of these elusive thrones.
    • Bilge Rat Doubloons – The Bilge Rats trade in their own currency, they don’t have time for gold or any of that official stuff. Each Commendation in the progress screen details the amount of Bilge Rat Doubloons it unlocks with a total of 100 Doubloons available through the Skeleton Thrones event.
    • Bilge Rat Cosmetics – Spend your Bilge Rat Doubloons on exclusive time-limited items too! You have until the 26th of June to purchase the Bone Crusher Hat, Jacket and Dress – priced at 20 Doubloons per item.
    • Bilge Rat Trading – If you’re feeling a thirst for a little extra gold in ye’ pocket or fancy some Reputation in any of the three Trading Companies, the Bilge Rats can also pull a few strings and allow you to trade your Doubloons towards a bit of progress. These latter progression items will be a permanent part of the Bilge Rat shop and aren’t time limited, so make your choice wisely!
    • Bilge Rat Titles – Completing five of the smaller Skeleton Thrones will unlock a unique Pirate Title, and finding all ten will unlock a unique Pirate Title. These titles will unlock straight into your Vanity Chest for maximum bragging rights.

Updates

• Colour Blind Accessibility - Filters can now be applied from within settings to assist with red-green and blue-yellow colourblind pirates.
    • Merrick's Shanty - Merrick's shanty has been added to the list of playable shanties.
    • Sailor Drum - The Sailor Drum has been given to all players. Find it in the second page of your item radial.
    • Sailor Speaking Trumpet - The Sailor Speaking Trumpet has been given to all players. Find it in the second page of your item radial.

Cosmetics

• Drum selection - Admiral, Bilge Rat, Sea Dog and Sovereign drums have been added to the Equipment Shops on their respective Outposts!
    • Speaking trumpet selection - Admiral, Bilge Rat, Sea Dog and Sovereign speaking trumpets have been added to the Equipment Shops on their respective Outposts!
    • Rainbow flag - A new flag has been added to all pirates' flag inventory! Article 1 of the Pirate Code states that, "Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed."

Performance Improvements

• Further improvements to load times and streaming of islands.
    • Multiple server and client crash fixes.
      Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.

Fixed Issues

• Players will no longer continue to endlessly hear the capstan audio upon visiting the Ferry.
    • The armoury will now correctly have an 'All' tab.
    • Pirates will no longer appear cut-off when previewing items in the vanity or equipment chest.
    • Flame VFX on campfires and lanterns will now appear correctly.
    • The option to lock FPS to 90 now correctly appears in settings.
    • Equipping the Majestic Sovereign Dress no longer applies a strange mark to the back of your Pirates neck.

Known Issues

• Some players travel in an unintended direction, when fired from a cannon.

Looking For Crew?

alt text

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Views
  • @khaleesibot Yaayyyyyy! Congrats to the team on fixing the issue... cannot wait to go on the hunt for the Skeleton Thrones with my trusty crew while playing Merrick's Shanty all the way around the map!

• Wooooooo

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Rainbow flag - A new flag has been added to all pirates' flag inventory! Article 1 of the Pirate Code states that, "Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed."

Why does a rainbow flag need to be justified in this way?
    Lock the post for introducing politics and hot button topics.

Seriously @khaleesibot edit your post. This is already causing political topics we don't need on the forums.

You mention players assign meaning to the flags themselves then explicitly assign meaning to the rainbow flag.

Now we will demand flags for all creeds and causes.

What would Jesus do? Braclet cosmetic plzzzz

• With the addition of the new flag colors I feel as though players might accuse others of hate crimes for attacking a ship that has the rainbow flag equipped.

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Rainbow flag - A new flag has been added to all pirates' flag inventory! Article 1 of the Pirate Code states that, "Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed."

Thank you Rare!

• How long until the double snake venom gets fixed?

• Tying the flag to this statement ""Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed.""

makes it obvious the flag stands for something other than just being a colored flag....

I have no problem with it being added in, but does that mean that eventually others races, sexualities, nationalities, etc will get their own flags as well or just this one?

• @skulliah said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Thank you Rare!

They must have seen your post ;) Nice one Rare! :)

• @shuoink said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Tying the flag to this statement ""Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed.""

makes it obvious the flag stands for something other than just being a colored flag....

I have no problem with it being added in, but does that mean that eventually others races, sexualities, nationalities, etc will get their own flags as well or just this one?

there was a thread about this that got to 16 pages of flaming and debate and was closed, some against anything not lore(rainbow,religions, race etc) some for adding it because its pride month. Not touching this again our opinions don't matter it's what Rare want's and this is a good PR move for them.

• Very nice additions overall. Really happy with this week's update. Thank you for all the work you guys put in!

• @ve111a said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@shuoink said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Tying the flag to this statement ""Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed.""

there was a thread about this that got to 16 pages of flaming and debate and was closed, some against anything not lore(rainbow,religions, race etc) some for adding it because its pride month. Not touching this again our opinions don't matter it's what Rare want's and this is a good PR move for them.

Yeah i remember that thread, why i was surprised they did it, its a step in the right direction i just hope down the road they include more groups on that list they tied it to or the backlash may come back

That aside, looks like a great update, did not expect a new faction at all

Known Issues

• Some players travel in an unintended direction, when fired from a cannon.

This is funny, I always thought this was a feature. Like it purposely misfired every now and again because, you know, its a pirate being shot out instead of a cannonball.

• @ve111a said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Just add a rainbow flag for the sake of people wanting a rainbow flag... Imo, it's a lame PR move. We got a thin blue line request almost instantly.

• @shuoink said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

We intentionally let the community decide what the flags mean. However, as it is Pride Month, we know that there will be many who will fly the flag for that reason! Article One makes it very clear that everyone is welcome. If you want to fly the Rainbow Flag to celebrate Pride, do so, if the community wants to assign another meaning (I've seen some suggestions on Discord already) then that is fine too!

• It's such a joy to see the new, interesting and exciting features. I am so happy to be able to work, again, with other crews!

• @khaleesibot Forgot to put the download sizes on these notes, though I do see them on the actual page :)

"
    Xbox One: X GB
    Xbox One X: X GB
    Windows 10: X GB
    "

We intentionally let the community decide what the flags mean. However, as it is Pride Month, we know that there will be many who will fly the flag for that reason! Article One makes it very clear that everyone is welcome. If you want to fly the Rainbow Flag to celebrate Pride, do so, if the community wants to assign another meaning (I've seen some suggestions on Discord already) then that is fine too!

Agree, and appreciate the statement. The flags in general dont mean jack to me in the game. I never trust anyone sailing up to me with a white flag, they are purely cosmetic. I just remember the huge thread about it.... regardless, i DO hope they add more flags into the game that may or may not represent other groups as it says EVERYONE is welcome. Maybe country flags down the road, or something similar. I am surprised they dont have an option to design/draw your own.
    I just hope i dont get reported for a hate crime on xbl if i attack someone with a rainbow flag. I will likely try and use it as my "friendly" flag for a bit and see what happens

• I'm not sure my PC has enough storage for X gigabytes.

• @gloog said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@ve111a said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Just add a rainbow flag for the sake of people wanting a rainbow flag... Imo, it's a lame PR move. We got a thin blue line request almost instantly.

I agree myself it just opened the door for people of all walks of life asking for flags.

as @khaleesibot said ""Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed.""

So whats to stop people asking for a cross flag? A muslim flag? An antifa flag? an anti a******n flag?

I just want it all to make sense and the rainbow flag is skirting the line by saying "We intentionally let the community decide what the flags mean."

I'm not getting into a heated debate again, I excited for the new changes and new things to do (albeit the forced multi crews again) not all voices are heard and in the end Rare does what they want no sense fighting it anymore.

• @khaleesibot as long as Creed allows those to request and get implemented flags that denominate them as well.

As was mentioned in the large thread, a white flag with the fish symbol on it, a Muslim flag for those of that creed and so forth.

This is a touchy subject and NOT including others can lead to a huge PR backlash if not handled correctly.

Rare also needs to state how they will handle any abuse those flying this Rainbow flag receive. That was my biggest worry about this and I really don’t mind the flag, it’s the actions of others towards this that worries me.

• Oh my oh my that skellie dress is to die for :O

Kudos kudos kudos to the whole team for all the time, effort and love you keep throwing into this title.

Fair winds to all and Good Hunting.

• @gloog exactly! Since this game is for "everybody" can you please add a confederate flag?

• I dont think there was a need to introduce a rainbow flag into the game if the game is already open and welcoming to players of all ages, races, genders, sexuality, nationality or creed, I know the colours of the flag equate to (sexual) equality, and are internationally recognised as the pride movement colours, I feel there simply is no reason for it to be introduced into the game.

My understanding of the flags currently in game is that they were to be used for signalling to other players (a new and interesting way to communicate) your intent or what you were doing, for example, the hungering deep flag indicating you were in search of the hungering one, or the skull and crossbones indicating you were definately up to no good, (although there was really no real official breakdown or meanings of the flags, which i feel there should of been) so what is the message you are trying to send with the rainbow flag??

I just dont get it, its a pirate game, the intention might not be to link the flag to the Pride movement, but it is a globally accepted symbol of this movement, and I can only see some of the less educated, understanding or enlightened players actually using this as a target, and it causing problems in the game where they did not exist before, I think whilst the intent behind this was good and honest, it will sadly not work how it was intended to, and will cause issues, I would of much rather seen a set of flags with actual meaning (either real signal flags or ones invented by rare) or the ability using a simple in game tool, to design your own flag with icons and colours to choose from, instead of such a symbol.

Finally does this mean everyon else will be getting thier own flag, nationalites for example, will I be able to fly the Union Jack on my ship, and which flag do I have to fly to indicate my race, no I wont, of course I wont, why because it will make me a target of someone with a grudge against white UK players, just as this symbol will make players a target of someone who has a grudge on this issue.

• Honestly kind of amazed we get this update and everyone is debating a rainbow flag.
    Grow up people.

• @McArcticBiscuit Your post has been deleted as it contained swearing. We do not allow swearing on our Forums, please read the Forum Rules, thank you!

• I cannot wait to sail the seas tomorrow! The doubloon system sounds great. I was hoping the Bilge Rats would get their own progression card, I'm glad they got one.

• love the new outfit! Cant wait to try new event

• @jacqui-o-blades
    The Rainbow flag was added to distract from the fact that we have to work with another crew again, even though plenty of people have already stated that it becomes close to impossible to find another crew to help you after a week or so.

• @marbatico said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@jacqui-o-blades
    The Rainbow flag was added to distract from the fact that we have to work with another crew again, even though plenty of people have already stated that it becomes close to impossible to find another crew to help you after a week or so.

Then it's a good thing that this event is only a week long, isn't it?

• I have only one question concerning this update - what is replayable value of this event - I spent 2 weeks to beat the shark because of 5 ppl team, after 2-3 first days it was almost impossible to find enough of ppl to make it.
    And now once again Rare trying to bring two teams together...

Views
1 out of 367