WE GOT PC HACKERS!!

• We got people with outoaim and making the game xrash we had out boat flip in the air and flip underwater making us fall amd than get server disconnect from the game they are one shoot killing us!! And i hot videos to prove it cross platform play is [mod edited] broken having pc advantage on xbox users! They can hack download and do anything its just matter of time watch ! Take action now

Views
  • Played a few games today, 3-4 major skull fort fights. 3 of those had rampant hackers on them. I'm talk, every time the dude's passed us, they'd take 4 people off the cannons by firing dead on them. Then, start right on firing at the water line and hitting almost every time.

I could get it once or twice....but every time we pass each other for a broadside?

We get boarded by them, EVERY SINGLE TIME it was a one shot kill. We'd occasionally kill them, but most of the time, nope. Not possible.

Last game I played, I go with a friend doing 2 man sloop. We go out, hit 1 voyage up, 3 parts. Finish up, and the whole time I kept an eye on the horizon. We were behind an island, and this sloop came out of no where putting shots through at us and one shotting us on the deck.

Seriously, the hacks are horrible.

• @bann
    I've experienced no hackers, just more experienced players. Sure they do that which you just mentioned but you don't need mods or hacking to do that, just practice.

• Weirdest thing happen to us for round about 10 minutes. A guy shot at us with changing between pistol and sniper. Till here everything is fine, but he fired both weapons in one second and hits ever shot and killed everybody. there was no chance to survive, he kill you that way even in the movement. On top of this it was on a Raid and the skelettons ignore him complete.

• Can you please be a bit smarter? blame the hackers dont blame all of the Pc players. and why are you so sure that they're not xbox hackers? or maybe some of them.
    They should add a system that bans hackers instantly and that's it.

• Crossplay needs to be an option and cheaters need to be punished, severely. Its soured a good portion of my time playing as of late and if it keeps up, I'm afraid I'll have to sit out until it's been dealt with.

Rare, take notice.

• @htem07 pc has it way easier to hack than xbox and they always have an advantage over xbox and thats unfair you can over come any update to make pc players more fair compare to xbox but there's always a mod or hack that will put them on top cross play is good but BS on a pvp game it should be an option

• @meinnameistflo we had a guy kill all 4 of us and he was getting shoot by us 4 2 time in the ladder and he didnt die came on board and kill us all he never eat a banana or anything but was eating shoots like a boss and not dying

• @htem07 Agreed. I’m mostly an Xbox player, but I occasionally play on pc and this for sure does not reflect all pc players. Hackers aren’t more rampant on pc than Xbox, it’s just harder to hack into an Xbox game than on pc for the most part. As for toxic players, in my experience it’s pretty evenly spread out. Toxic players are everywhere, hackers are everywhere, so let’s not blame the other, but instead help Rare help us get rid of these people from our game for good.

• @elite-assasin87
    Im a xbox one user i cant use aimbots or something that... So why i must play with PC players and loose chests, skulls after 3hours of gameplay when i win 1/5 battle... Many of my xbox friends leave the game. I buy console not for reason share servers with Pc players and hackers... Thanks Microsoft. For now im retired and back when producents separate xbox and Pc platform...

• I play on an xbox one x and play with PC users. I have never felt like someone was hacking. I hear a lot of people complaining but I have yet to see any video/photo proof of someone hacking. I think its all just players with better skill

• @htem07 When you play the Xbox, you get up to the latest players, after a game on the home screen, whether it's PC or Xbox players, as PC players do not appear. And yes you can hack on the Xbox, but it's too hard for ordinary people to do just that.

• Cross platform shouldn’t be removed because of a few bad apples. Instead, Rare needs to patch their client to prevent the auto-aim and other hacks.
    A quick search online can locate the sites with these hacks, then they just need to test and identify how it connects to the client.
    For the love of god, please don’t force everyone to redownload the game again.

• @shiroryu13

.... again.... yet to see anything I'd consider a hack.

Server lag - yes
    Bugs - many

I've been cast 50m under water standing on deck....... should I blame a hack?... maybe the sharks?

• @h3llboy-704 said in WE GOT PC HACKERS!!:

We got people with outoaim and making the game xrash we had out boat flip in the air and flip underwater making us fall amd than get server disconnect from the game they are one shoot killing us!!

The boat flip is a bug... Go watch some clips on the reddit forum it happens a lot without people even around.

@bann said in WE GOT PC HACKERS!!:

Played a few games today, 3-4 major skull fort fights. 3 of those had rampant hackers on them. I'm talk, every time the dude's passed us, they'd take 4 people off the cannons by firing dead on them. Then, start right on firing at the water line and hitting almost every time.

MOST Aim Bots in fact non that i have even seen can take into consideration moving targets or bullet drop or in this case bullet arc of a cannon. My crew would be considered hackers just because the amount of time we have played allows us to judge shots extremely well as I am sure the crew you had to deal with did.

@meinnameistflo said in WE GOT PC HACKERS!!:

Weirdest thing happen to us for round about 10 minutes. A guy shot at us with changing between pistol and sniper. Till here everything is fine, but he fired both weapons in one second and hits ever shot and killed everybody. there was no chance to survive, he kill you that way even in the movement. On top of this it was on a Raid and the skelettons ignore him complete.

If he was far enough away from the skeletons they will go to the closet aggro. In fact if you have a smart friend he can kite most all skeletons while you are behind them completely ignored cutting them down. Also each gun has its own ammo count. I use a pistol/BB combo for PVP just because most people dont expect it and it is a 1 shot combo that is light years faster switching a wep than reloading and shooting again. Putting a dot of tape on your screen for instant hip fire location will help, there is no sway or recoil.

• The boat flipping is a game issue, not a hack. If a boat starts sinking in shallow enough water, it will launch out of the sea and upside down once it clips the land below enough. I actually caught a video of it on my Xbox. Funny stuff.
    I have seen some questionably perfect cannon aiming. But I also agree that aim-bots normally do not account for shot arcs and such. Regardless, that is unfortunately a part of gaming and you know it's going to happen.

• My son and I just watched as a player killed us from the top deck of our sloop, with his cutlass. Normal, if not for the fact that we were downstairs. I gather from his lengthy text shouts that he had the ability to type any message he wants, so I'm going to assume he has a PC, and that he could extend the distance of strikes.

I don't mind that console players and pc players inhabit the same area, but I would like to have the tools to avoid them. An option to have floating text with the words console or pc might help players gather data to catch the occasional hacker. I leave that to rare and Microsoft to figure out, and I don't need a response, but after that little endeavour I might take a break from the game until I know our time isn't being wasted.

• In 1500 plus hours I've had 13 questionable instances of hacking. After viewing video capture only two of those 13 are actual hacks. So I've come across 2 hackers in 1500 hours. 1495 hours were hacker free. Pretty good odds if you ask me.

• People tend to blame what doesn't understand...

My case, I have a friend who once warned our group of SoT about people hacking. Putting themselves invisibles.
    Then later we were playing together and that happened to us. Everytime one guy from the enemy crew tried to board us he was invisible. I instantly believed that was cheating. I had the proves, right in front of my eyes.
    I recorded and reported him.

Then yesterday I was playing with different friends. We were at the Outpost, buying clothes and browsing the shops. We experienced a lot of bugs during that session, lags and glitches. The server was a mess.
    And one of my friends couldn't see the other. They were invisible to each other.
    Like the episode I witnessed on the other session.
    Yet I'm sure they weren't hacking.
    It was the server fault.
    What made think about how wrong I was for blaming the other player.

We know there's third party apps that allow PC players to auto aim. But I believe is a small amount of them who does that.
    Most of the time were just being victims by server issues and game's glitches.

Like this mentioned on a comment before.. yes shots and sword swings go through decks and walls.
    That happens a lot when skeletons with pistols shoot at us inside the ship.
    I use the fort wall near the entrance of the main hall to hit the skeletons as they step on the ramp to enter. This prevent them from hit me and are pushed back. And I'm on Xbox, so obviously I'm not an hacker.
    So probably the guy knows about this and just saw you on the lower deck and swang the sword to hit you. It's game's fault.

Let's not put all the PC players in the same bag and blame them and the crossplay feature too.

This is just a casual game... If we lose our loot one time, there still plenty of it to find.
    If I'm injured somehow, I need to protect myself, changing servers, selling items more often, report situations to the support team but with evidences, record things to use as proof to the dev team check out.

... So many stop crossplay threads, I'm starting to think you people are payed to create this posts. Ahah

• Where is the ban wave on Hackers that Rare mentioned?

• @biter-wylie Chances are that most people are just being outplayed and blaming "hackers" as they can't stand the thought that their lack of skill would be the reason they lose a fight.

• @mass-forces

Ahoy mates, this thread is 2 months old and there's been a whole lot of information just recently around how Rare will be retroactively banning pirates who they've been able to identify as using cheats, from the Support tickets they've received as well as data collected from the game.

Rare have a zero tolerance approach to this, so if you come across any suspect incidents, please report them via Support.

I'll close this one down now.

Joe mentions around 3:00 in this video from 22nd May, the actions which will be taken.

Views
22 out of 23