Hungering Deep Voyage Help!

• alt text

The Hungering Deep is here, the first of Sea of Thieves' free content updates! A range of permanent new game features are rising from the depths, introduced by a special time-limited campaign.

Need some help? Use this thread to work with your fellow pirates to uncover what lies beneath!

Looking For Crew?

We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

As you participate in this thread, keep to the Pirate Code and the Forum Rules!

Views
  • I need some help with it. Currently, I'm stuck at work and can't play. This makes me very angry. Is there anything you can do......I don't now.....tell my boss you're a doctor and I have the flu or something?

Thanks in advance.

• I didn't get a quest? Is this normal? I think I timed out on the server and when I rebooted the quest was fine and won't come up for me anymore. Is there a way around this? Thanks

• Where does Merrick send you?

• @il-yusuke-li The first location merrik sends you is golden sands, talk to the fair redhead lady and she will give you the next clue

• What island do you summon the beast at ??? Is it Devils Ridge ???

• @chitownsace3 you need 5 people to summon the beast, you need all of you to play the instrument the beast responds to: the drums.

as for where I am not sure, perhaps anywhere so long as you play the instruments as 5?

• So we closed the big thread for this small one instead? Why not just move the thread instead of making a new one?

• Thank you so much for locking my post with hungering deep quest, mine was first and the biggest one, great job !
    What you need to do

1.Shark bait cove and talk to the guy in the southeast.
    2.he gives you a speaking trumpet
    3.go to the middle of the Island and find the book at the big Stone.

Go to golden Sands outpost and talk to the bartender.
    5.Go to L14. Merrick's shipwreck is there.
    Tells you about another barmaid. T - something. In a Wild spott - Wild Seas outpost is Dagger Tooth.
    Go to S16, Book will be close to Enter of underwater cave
    Go back to Merrick

• @chitownsace3 said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

What island do you summon the beast at ??? Is it Devils Ridge ???

Yep. Devils Ridge.
    If you read all the diaries it tells you.

Too bad you need 5 people. Solo players are fuuuurked.

• 1 Journal Shark Bait Island
    2 Journal Near Shark Tooth Key under uncharted island in cave near totem
    3 Journal l14 top of the sunken ships (merricks ship)

Then maybe devils ridge or discovery ridge with 5 people to summon?

• He just says the beast is at a ridge in his second journal, RIDGE, it could be either Ridge, there are two

• @tagerung Definitely Devil's Ridge, because Infernal has hellish connotations.

• @mcdoll Where at on Devils Ridege thoo ??? Anywhere by the island ??? On the island ???

• @arcx said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@tagerung Definitely Devil's Ridge, because Infernal has hellish connotations.

It is also a way to name something you dislike or hate just want to get away from. So it could be discovery ridge.

@mcdoll Where at on Devils Ridege thoo ??? Anywhere by the island ??? On the island ???

I can't recall if the dairy mentioned specifically.
    I know it says something about a quadrant with his fave letter.
    So M something?
    Is that near devils Ridge?

• @mcdoll No idea gotta wait for my crew anyways to summon the beast

• @il-yusuke-li sent you the Golden Sands Outpost and then talk with Tina but I'm stuck after her talk

@mcdoll No idea gotta wait for my crew anyways to summon the beast

Wait. Just checked and it isn't.
    Devils Ridge is in T, U&V and 23 through 25.
    Wouldnt take long to narrow down through trial and error.

• @chitownsace3
    We trying at Z 25/26 theres an icon close to the boundary near devils ridge

• @nightwolfryan go to the uncharted island l14 and go to the shipwreck

• @mcdoll So confusing I just want to summon this beast

• @mcdoll sagte in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@chitownsace3 said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

What island do you summon the beast at ??? Is it Devils Ridge ???

Yep. Devils Ridge.
    If you read all the diaries it tells you.

Too bad you need 5 people. Solo players are fuuuurked.

not only solo players, but all those people who had been toxic and griefing with theyr gallys every single day... no one will ever help them.

• On the uncharted island don't forget you can climb masts.

• @fungus-friends said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:

@chitownsace3
    We trying at Z 25/26 theres an icon close to the boundary near devils ridge

Good plan. I intend to loiter that area.

• Ok so I think I have got it! It makes sense! His old flame is Tira or something, and the Lady from the golden sands also starts with T aswell, they are women he holds close to his heart, T is right next to Devils Ridge! See you there LADS BRING THE DRUMS!!!

• @mcdoll I'm sat there at the moment waiting for more people to show up!

• I went to all places, but somehow I didn't get the drum. What is the problem and what should I do?

• @footlongsafe2 did you go back and speak to merrick?

• @footlongsafe2 you need to read all the journals before you return to Merrick

• @footlongsafe2 You have to have read all the journals.

• @tagerung
    T + page where he retired perhaps? Was that 26?

• I do not have the pages or numbers taken down but its safe to say near devils ridge on T and also stay away from fog

• @tagerung said in Hungering Deep Voyage Help!:
    also stay away from fog

Why do you say that?

• A friendly reminder:
    "don´t attack sloops at Merrick or Devils Ridge with your Gally... Karma will be a bit**"

Just had the situation that i arrived at Merrick for the last step and the 4 guys on the gally tried everything to sink me...
    eventually i got that step finished and headed to Devils Ridge... and guess who was there... the same guys who couldn´t spawn the Hungering Deep and blamed the devs to be too carebear because they´re forced to work with others instead of pvp :D

Views
14 out of 195