The Hungering Deep coming May 29th

• @matespiansvk I don’t think that implies to Hungering Deep though. First time I played, she said that there was treasure on the island we were on.

• I doubt the Hungering Deep patch is here as the game client has updated yet.

• @nik2905 hasnt updated yet. Its only 7am in the UK lol maybe give em a couple more hours.

• @simplybutta Ah damn, it’s 4:23 PM here. Impatient haha.

EDIT: I should state that I am in Australia, so I’m AEST time.

• Servers are now shut down!

• For quite a while on this site the status has shown ''there are issues affecting services''

Is that regarding the game servers? I wonder if it will affect the DLC.

• @wizensquire1113 We're just waiting for the status page to update, the date for maintenance isn't currently correct on there.

• Servers just went offline for me at 4am EST, had the most enjoyable send-off after visiting Shark Bait Cove, talking to Merrick, throwing water on him to try and sober him up, placing gunpowder barrels near him with treasure, taking some photos... Good times! LOL

Then we visited two sloops at the nearby outpost and talked a bit about HD releasing and the server shutting down, helped them unload treasure, they gifted me a chest, we shared some stories over a grog until our screens faded to black.

Gotta love it! See you all tomorrow!

• There are no updates about patch or server down on SoT's Twitter page. No updates in last 3 days...too much quiet. I hope they will release today that DLC...

• Servers just shut down a couple min ago, i was on till the end.

I found an epic shipwreck on the edge of a storm, I raced towards it anchored due to storm and found 2 skulls, silk, tea, Cpt chest because the server was shutting down I only grabbed the Exotic Silk and Captain's Chest.

Fought the insane storm because of course it tracked towards the nearest outpost I was going to. I was able to gain my heading by following the outpost lights.

When I arrive I come in full speed beaching myself and grab the booty to throw off onto the beach. It's windy and down-pouring, so I abscond off with the Captain's Chest but notice there's another sloop docked. Just as I'm steps away from turning chest in with 3min left before server shut-down, the b*****d appears out from the Gold Hoarders tent and blasts me dead.

Bloody pirates! How the heck did he know I was coming in that storm?!

• Someone just said they talked to Rare and maintenance will be 8 hours or less R.I.P

• It's gone down for maintenance here in australia 6:30pm
    I'm excited for this update I'm considering staying up just to see it!!

• Someone tried to board my vessel as I was coming in to sell my one spotted pig to complete my voyage. Forced me to sail away. I suck at PvP so figured I'd circle around and come in blazing, just jump off and sell the stupid pig. Well, I sailed around a bit, and wouldn't you know...just as I was approaching the outpost a second time, another sloop pulled in. I don't think it was the same pirates. But naturally they fired on me as I approached. Several clean misses and a few hits. I set a crash course for the merchant, jumped on deck and grabbed my pig crate. BAM! Crashed into the deck, jumped off, ran up to the merchant and...empty pig crate. Those cretins killed my pig! Arrrr!

I grabbed my flintlock and watched the two pirates start to unload their stuff. I fired when I had a clean shot. Like I said, I suck at PvP...but I was mad. LOL...

Well of course they eventually killed me, but somehow they got themselves killed in the process, because I saw them on the Ferry of the Damned. I did a little dance and went on my merry way.

New sloop, about ten minutes left. I spotted a shipwreck really close. Can I make it? I headed for the wreck full sail, made a couple dives and got a wimpy chest and a crate of exotic spices. Five minutes. The nearest outpost was within sight. Again, full sail and off I went, crash course into the outpost. I was almost there...

3...2...1...black.

Oh well. I still had a blast.

Can't wait to come back after the update. :)

• Just got an update for SoT on Xbox! Lets do this guys!!!

• @van113 Not long now matey!

Just got to wait for the servers to come back online, the maintenance window is Tuesday 29th May 9am – 2pm BST!

See you on the seas soon!

• Status page updated -

https://www.seaofthieves.com/status

• Downloading on Pc, 1,35Gb!

• @lordlymathiel said in The Hungering Deep coming May 29th:

@oni2anza Read the forums this isn't the no mans sky crew they haven't failed us yet so why should we think they'll fail us now

I regret to inform you there is no hungering deep today with a dlc size 1.4gb it’s far too small

• Don't be fooled by the size... good things come in small packages.

I once got a big box before there wasn't much in it!

• @van113 said in The Hungering Deep coming May 29th:

Just got an update for SoT on Xbox! Lets do this guys!!!

Ditto in Canada! 1429.4 MB (1.4GB)

Didn’t show for me through the regular update area on console, I had to launch the game, then system prompted me for update.

Batten the hatches and ready the spears!!!

• @musicmee said in The Hungering Deep coming May 29th:

Don't be fooled by the size... good things come in small packages.

I once got a big box before there wasn't much in it!

It’s not about the size of the boat, it’s about the motion in the ocean.

• @musicmee I want you to be right but I just don’t see it being the case. Rare are not talking anywhere they are probably having an emergency meeting how to tell the community that is not out today that’s my guess. I personally believe if it was going to be out today we would be looking at a dlc 10 gb mark.

• UPDATE:
    New Title Screen!!!!

• @brit-churchill said in The Hungering Deep coming May 29th:

@musicmee I want you to be right but I just don’t see it being the case. Rare are not talking anywhere they are probably having an emergency meeting how to tell the community that is not out today that’s my guess. I personally believe if it was going to be out today we would be looking at a dlc 10 gb mark.

The title screen shows "the hungering deep" now, so it might still be on.

• @brit-churchill

If you launch the game after the update...

• @baconwrappedsac it takes a very long time to row in a row boat .lol

• @rakan-le-rouge Maintenance is running til 2pm BST, mate -

The game will be unavailable due to necessary maintenance at these times:

Tuesday 29th May 9am – 2pm BST

https://www.seaofthieves.com/status

• @katttruewalker Oh, how people don't seem to listen/read. That's why we're here right? XD

• @brit-churchill See you in the Hungering Deeps soon matey ;) Pinky promise.

• The linked pic wasnt working in forum for me. Here is another JIC

alt text

Views
174 out of 190