[Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4

• @squallycircle7 said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

@banana-bandlt said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

i suppose ill weigh in here. IF there came an option to turn cross play on or off, far more than half the xbox side would turn it off, and wether or not it is intentional, the community would split drastically.

if half the xbox players turned it off it would still leave a huge player base for pc players. if they intend to someday make it optional they are doing it right by waiting. some of my most regular crewmates are on the pc, so i would most likely leave it enabled unless running solo. i would like to experience a world where all things were equal, and those annoying hopping and spinning and dead eye aiming dudes were somebody else's problem.

i agree with your thoughts here, just thought i would add...
    'only a vocal minority are fighting for optional crossplay'
    AND
    ' most/half/majority of Xboxers would leave'. These things keep coming up in discussions but you have to choose, it cant be both.

• @sir-lotus said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

@cnt-thelrox 1st of all, there were other reasons posted, this is just another one.

2nd of all, you're wrong. Inviting to a party has nothing to do with the game, you won't get any notification.

Well post those other reasons then.

He isn't wrong, you don't seem to understand how inviting works.

• you know guys what is the most funniest thing here..

90% of the Xbox player want to be separated, 3% (include me) are don't care anymore and 7% are as good as a PC player so they don't want to be separated.

almost 100% of the PC-Gamer want to stay with us... now i'm asking why?

tbh: i buy the very first Xbox to get rid of all the PC-Gamer kids! now i have to face the same kind of humans again... all thoses messages about cheater and hacker now pop up again, i think ppl will report you for nothing... for an PC Gamer its not that issue, but here are ppl who use the profile for +10 Years and have a Gamerscore above 200.000 ... and then get a bad reputation about a video game... i stop playing GoW4 for that reason!

it should be your right to disable this feature, or is there some kind of law from my government that force you to so?

and please don't answer with: then sop playing this game, its a pirate game, and other non-sens..

• @condorcalabasas what? how do you think it works then?

I'm still voting for always-on crossplay. Aside from the reasons I've already mentioned, I have another thing to consider.

I have friends on both xbox and pc. If I'm in a session with someone, who has crossplay turned off and one of the crew leaves, who do I invite? I now have to keep a printed list somewhere to check who on my friendlist is on pc or xbox? It's going to be really fun for everyone. Invited to party: "Hi, thanks for the invite, lets play." "oh you actualy can't, sorry..."

Given that Rare said the private lobbies will soon be able to switch to open lobbies 'on the fly', I think its reasonable to assume something like crossplay/non-crossplay changes would be possible 'on the fly' too, maybe with a server merge needed when going between the crossplay/non crossplay servers. Then your buddies on any platform just need to wait a few minutes while u hit the outpost. Or maybe the server merge could be forced if everyone votes for 'crossplay swap' in the 'My Crew' menu. This could also maybe help if you feel like youre in a dead server, or in a server with griefers without having to leave game, regroup and reload..What do you think? Maybe the 'forcing migration' could be abused possibly?

• C'mon Rare, let me play this game in a fair and ballanced way. Im not enjoying it knowing I'm at a disadvantage I can't do anything about against certain players.

• @sir-lotus I think we are all in favor of a fair balanced cross play gaming experience.

The problem is Microsoft and Rare jumped the gun.

Until keyboard and mouse support is fully integrated into the Xbox console, PC players have an advantage.

Rare can simply remove K&M support for the game and the imbalance is solved. Or they can give players optional cross play like every other game developer.

Haven't PC players received enough cuddling from Microsoft by way of free access to Live game servers?

Do PC players also have to have a gaming advantage in order for Microsoft to lure them slowly but surely into the pay to play world?

• @jmftgtav
    KBM support on XBOX is NOT the solution to the problem.

• @jmftgtav sagte in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

@sir-lotus I think we are all in favor of a fair balanced cross play gaming experience.

The problem is Microsoft and Rare jumped the gun.

Until keyboard and mouse support is fully integrated into the Xbox console, PC players have an advantage.

Rare can simply remove K&M support for the game and the imbalance is solved. Or they can give players optional cross play like every other game developer.

Haven't PC players received enough cuddling from Microsoft by way of free access to Live game servers?

Do PC players also have to have a gaming advantage in order for Microsoft to lure them slowly but surely into the pay to play world?

sorry to tell ya, but its called a Video-Game-Console! i don't want to play with mouse and keyboard... the Video-Game-Console was designed to be playable from the couch ...
    just for SoT, remove the K&M Support from PC and make it playable over Controller only.

as i say above, PC gamers want to play with us...

• @kuala85

Its not like console and pc will never play with or against eachother ever again. just the option for people to choose not to when they want. Plenty of players have friends that play the game on pc and they will still play together. Plenty of other players wont care. You can look at it as skill based matchmaking, nothing new. just a way for people that are otherwhise discouraged to stay in the game.

Well, if you have the option to start a dedicated XBox match you will do it, independently of if you are frustrated or if you are the cause of frustration, since playing the game in an "XBox-only mode" makes a seaman's life easier (basically: less risk, same profit).

Sure, there will be some / a lot of guys left playing cross-platform because of their friends playing on PC and those who do not care or do not know about the consequences of facing a mouse aimed pirate - but realistically "giving the option to split" means deciding to "split" … at least at a certain extend. And as said before, in my opinion this input device dependent performance unbalance is not eminent enough in this special game to satisfy a step (may it be small or huge) towards community splitting.

But I can understand everyone who would like to see this feature, since it's not that crazy to ask for more balance in a game that is based on equal requirements, I totally get it and I sometimes even feel the same way - I am just a little bit more at the "consider the consequences" side ;-)

• @malcolmsrevenge said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

Well, if you have the option to start a dedicated XBox match you will do it, independently of if you are frustrated or if you are the cause of frustration, since playing the game in an "XBox-only mode" makes a seaman's life easier (basically: less risk, same profit).

The only reason there's "less risk" is because the game will be better balanced and fewer cheaters.

• @arcticharmony70

The only reason there's "less risk" is because the game will be better balanced and fewer cheaters.

Sure, totally true.

• if cross play is removed i want my money back.

i have played with alot of xbox players all of whom can hold there own against pc players so it leads me to think the xbox community that complains just isn't built for pvp which i am afraid to say is this games big draw card.

what is the main issue xbox players have ? movement is limited. so adjust the sensitivity so xbox players can turn quicker.

now if we are talking cheaters (pc) i have not seen a single one since the very first beta, i am pirate legend so i have had some play time.

a cross play lock out will only hurt this game all you will be left with are pve dedicated players on xbox.

fortnite is the biggest game this year and guess what guys CROSSPLAY xbox pc ps4 i play with all of them and they keep up if not excel over most players.

• @afro-silent just for the sake of objectivity, they're not asking to remove crossplay, only to make it optional. (which I'm also against)

edit: and i agree with you. i think some adjustments are a much better solution to this. Rare seems to be going that way, with all the new sliders. So we'll see what's coming next.

• @sir-lotus might as well be the same thing, if implemented it would just be the meta to play with same machine players

• @afro-silent said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

if cross play is removed i want my money back.

i have played with alot of xbox players all of whom can hold there own against pc players so it leads me to think the xbox community that complains just isn't built for pvp which i am afraid to say is this games big draw card.

what is the main issue xbox players have ? movement is limited. so adjust the sensitivity so xbox players can turn quicker.

now if we are talking cheaters (pc) i have not seen a single one since the very first beta, i am pirate legend so i have had some play time.

a cross play lock out will only hurt this game all you will be left with are pve dedicated players on xbox.

fortnite is the biggest game this year and guess what guys CROSSPLAY xbox pc ps4 i play with all of them and they keep up if not excel over most players.

Then play with other PC players that have the same level playing field as you. I have sad news for you, but XBOX players don't want to play with you bro. We don't want to play with one hand tied behind our back all the time. Comments like yours smack of a desire to maintain the unfair advantage you have over 80% of your opponents. Are you unable to compete with other PC players? maybe you should git gud.

• @oneeeyedwilly once again, not all xbox players are against mandatory crossplay and not all pc players are for it...

• @oneeeyedwilly said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

@afro-silent said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

Then play with other PC players that have the same level playing field as you. I have sad news for you, but XBOX players don't want to play with you bro. We don't want to play with one hand tied behind our back all the time. Comments like yours smack of a desire to maintain the unfair advantage you have over 80% of your opponents. Are you unable to compete with other PC players? maybe you should git gud.

oh wow an xbox player with a heated attack haha i dont need to "git gud" it seems that you would need to get better but dont worry if cross play stays i can help you. my issue is purely interaction with players if community is split there will be less xbox players to help.

@oneeeyedwilly said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

@afro-silent said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

oh wow an xbox player with a heated attack haha i dont need to "git gud" it seems that you would need to get better but dont worry if cross play stays i can help you. my issue is purely interaction with players if community is split there will be less xbox players to help.

If your motives are truly as altruistic as you claim, why would you demand a refund if they made crossplay optional?

@afro-silent just for the sake of objectivity, they're not asking to remove crossplay, only to make it optional. (which I'm also against)

edit: and i agree with you. i think some adjustments are a much better solution to this. Rare seems to be going that way, with all the new sliders. So we'll see what's coming next.

We are all aware of the failed attempts Rare has made to make cross play a fair gaming experience. However they are just that failures to balance gameplay. What they need to do is inform their customers of their reasons to keep status quo when they can resolve the issue.

• @jmftgtav name one failed attempt. All I've seen so far were improvements. What some of you want, won't be solved in a day.

• @sir-lotus You mentioned it...sliders, and all the tweaks to balance movement, and character control.

What I want is a response from Rare...which would only take a few minutes.

• @jmftgtav and does that not work? Don't the sliders adjust turning speed? Like the one single thing they're supposed to do? I'm confused. How did that fail?

@jmftgtav and does that not work? Don't the sliders adjust turning speed? Like the one single thing they're supposed to do? I'm confused. How did that fail?

It fails because a control advantage still exists for PC players. There is an interview with Xbox lead engineer Mike Ybarra https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-talks-xbox-one-keyboard-and-mouse-suppor/1100-6456853/
    He acknowledges the advantage of k&m and states it is one of the hurdles of cross play.

Rare's attempt to do a work around to resolve the disparity failed.

• @jmftgtav it...did....not...fail. It improved the situation by some percentage. It just needs more work. I'm pretty sure they're still thinking about other ways to improve it.

You're just trying to feed your narrative again. Can you accept facts at all?

• @sir-lotus There are more articles that show how a controller cannot be altered to compete with k&m. I suggest you do some reading.

So, yes once again it can at this point be called a failure.

• @jmftgtav what they changed, improved the situation. That's no failure. We could do this all day, but i see you don't realy understand what you're talking about, so until you have another argument about this, I'm out.

• More slider options benefit pc gamers more than it would console gamers because a controller is just a lot less adjustable than a mouse and a higher sensitivity makes being accurate over distance more dificult with it.

PC has a lot of advantages like faster loading times, higher frames per second, hotkeys for items etc, faster movement and turning with a mouse and more accuracy.

In the video below you can see how Force gaming does quick 180 turns, has a perfect overview of what is happening and is very accurate and agile at the same time. With a controller, it is impossible to turn that fast. if people run and jump arounmd on your ship you just lose to a mouse and keyboard with a controller, not even counting all the other advantages. We just want a fair game with even odds!

• @oneeeyedwilly sarcasm, i made some valid points have you ? no all you did was tell me to git gud so i really dont care what you have to say.

@jmftgtav what they changed, improved the situation. That's no failure. We could do this all day, but i see you don't realy understand what you're talking about, so until you have another argument about this, I'm out.

You are the one repeating the same statements over and over. I have responded to every question you asked with full understanding of what I'm talking about. As always you'll be back.

@jmftgtav it...did....not...fail. It improved the situation by some percentage. It just needs more work. I'm pretty sure they're still thinking about other ways to improve it.

You're just trying to feed your narrative again. Can you accept facts at all?

Do you accept that there is still a competitive advantage to PC players due to KBM and other platform advantages? Or can you not accept facts at all?

@oneeeyedwilly sarcasm, i made some valid points have you ? no all you did was tell me to git gud so i really dont care what you have to say.

Don't care what I have to say? LOL then why are you on here replying to me? Maybe it went over your head...but I was being IRONIC with the "git gud" comment. Let me explain it out for you so you can de-trigger. It is a very common PC elitist response to xbox players commenting about a legit and irrefutable competitive advantage of KBM and other PC hardware advantages saying "git gud". Essentially denying the advantage exists. You said you would quit if forced crossplay was switched to optional crossplay. I asked you "why, could you not compete with other PC players?" Hence, "git gud" to compete with people that have the same UI and other advantages that YOU HAVE. Did that sufficiently explain it? Are you able to relax now bro?

• @oneeeyedwilly said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

Do you accept that there is still a competitive advantage to PC players due to KBM and other platform advantages? Or can you not accept facts at all?

yes, there absolutely is. that's a fact. I never argued there wasn't.

Now my opinion is, it does not matter in this game as much as some people are saying it does. But, since it obviously is a problem for others, some adjustments need to be made in favor of xbox players. And including sliders is one of hopefuly many steps in the right direction. Splitting servers is not.

Now my opinion is, it does not matter in this game as much as some people are saying it does. But, since it obviously is a problem for others, some adjustments need to be made in favor of xbox players. And including sliders is one of hopefuly many steps in the right direction. Splitting servers is not.

Awesome. I appreciate you being reasonable. Let me lead you down a path..

1 - There is an advantage (more than 0%) to PC players.
    2 - RARE hasn't provided a complete solution yet.
    3 - It is unacceptable for there to be an uneven playing field.

Therefor, the only conclusion that you can draw is that Crossplay must be removed or made optional until such time that RARE can come up with a solution to make it fair and only then re-implement it.

Since there is an advantage now and has been since launch and will continue to be until both platforms have the same control devices.

The immediate solution is optional cross play or support for one device which would have to be controller since both platforms have them.

BTW welcome back💋

Views
452 out of 480