Ninja Outfit/Weapons

• @barnabas-seadog said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@ninjagamer741

This why we don't have sliders to configure a pirate, or custom sails and flags. Players will kill the look of the game. On purpose, even.

Thanks for posting, have a grog.

LOL Some may, but I think most would have some interesting ideas. Creativity should be allowed, even if others don't like it. And again, even if the items are thrown in, NO ONE is forcing you to wear ANYTHING. And at the moment, it's merely a suggestion. ;)

• The region themed outfits in the art book would be great to have in game

• @gloog said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@barnabas-seadog said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

Here's the thing, the Japanese were not an ocean voyaging people.

I hate historical back and forths for a video game but Japan was greatly attuned with seafaring.

True. And even if they weren't, do remember this is also a fantasy game. There are some things in this game which aren't even true to reality.

• @nikinjapan said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

The region themed outfits in the art book would be great to have in game

Who knows, maybe they will! :D

• @ninjagamer741 said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@ninjagamer741

This why we don't have sliders to configure a pirate, or custom sails and flags. Players will kill the look of the game. On purpose, even.

LOL Some may, but I think most would have some interesting ideas. Creativity should be allowed, even if others don't like it. And again, even if the items are thrown in, NO ONE is forcing you to wear ANYTHING. And at the moment, it's merely a suggestion. ;)

We're aware that ninja-themed cosmetics are only a suggestion, but they're a bad suggestion.

Rare has stated repeatedly that any new addition they make to the game needs to fit the theme and feel of the world they're crafting; and that world is themed after the golden age of Caribbean piracy. Ninja don't fit that theme; they would stick out like a sore thumb. Not to mention you probably won't find a Ninja for at least a few hundred nautical miles in any direction from the Sea of Thieves.

• @blam320 said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@ninjagamer741 said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@ninjagamer741

Rare has stated repeatedly that any new addition they make to the game needs to fit the theme and feel of the world they're crafting; and that world is themed after the golden age of Caribbean piracy.

Can you link me the last part please? The Caribbean mention mostly.

There can be oriental/nordic/African thematic pirate cosmetics that fit the SoT theme. Someone mentioned the art book already even.

• @gloog said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@blam320 said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@ninjagamer741

Rare has stated repeatedly that any new addition they make to the game needs to fit the theme and feel of the world they're crafting; and that world is themed after the golden age of Caribbean piracy.

Can you link me the last part please.

I find it difficult to believe that you can't draw the conclusion yourself. Tricorner caps, the style of ship, the tropical islands, parrots, it's all very telling.

• @blam320 said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@gloog said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@blam320 said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@ninjagamer741

Can you link me the last part please.

I find it difficult to believe that you can't draw the conclusion yourself. Tricorner caps, the style of ship, the tropical islands, parrots, it's all very telling.

you told me RARE drew that conclusion. I only wanted to know where. The theme to me is very much just fantasy/mysticism pirate. You list things that fit a Caribbean theme and I could list things in SoT that don't at all. The wilds scream nothing of the Caribbean.

• I remember an episode of Black Sails where Flint and Vane were planning a daytime raid on a caravan to free Rackham from the governors coach.
    The raiders wore black attire with black turbans and face veils. The look was Arabian in origin, but very ninja-like.

I can see this in SoT, but I can't see Joe Neate and Mike Chapman making a video to surprise and delight the playerbase about a katana skin, nunchucks, or shuriken.

• @barnabas-seadog I think the OP worded his thought a little over the top but I can't speak for him, but that's what I mean when I say thematic pirate stylizations.

• I'm down as long as we can also have devil fruit powers.

• Ninja themed clothing, gear, and weapons would be great.

• @blackbeard-lufy said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

I'm down as long as we can also have devil fruit powers.

This. ^^

• @ninjagamer741 Gonna be a hard no from me, boss.

• @blackbeard-lufy said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

LOL That's COMPLETELY up to the devs. xD

• @namekninja said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

Ninja themed clothing, gear, and weapons would be great.

Thanks! I think so, too! :D I hope they'll add it some day!

• @blg-strong-dad said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@ninjagamer741 Gonna be a hard no from me, boss.

LOL That's alright! No one's forcing you to wear anything. ;)

• @arch-fable said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@blackbeard-lufy said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

This. ^^

Oh wow, I just wiki'd them. Dang, some of it sounds like Marvel powers. xDDD It'd be cool if they added them. If not, let's just hope they let you dual wield. ;)

#BeMoreDeadpool

• If you're gonna have ninjas, ya' got have cowboys!!!
    How much for the Sovereign Stetson and Bilge Rat spurs?

• @captain-arcanic said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

If you're gonna have ninjas, ya' got have cowboys!!!

OOOOOHHH, MAMA! Yeah, we gotta have those. x'D

• @ninjagamer741 said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

@captain-arcanic said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

If you're gonna have ninjas, ya' got have cowboys!!!

OOOOOHHH, MAMA! Yeah, we gotta have those. x'D

Ya know what, I think I'll make a thread for that! :D

• Vikings!
    https://www.pirateshowcancun.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/tour-boat-mexico-pirates.jpg

• I’m so confused and thrown off by this.

• @samuraijack said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

Vikings!
    https://www.pirateshowcancun.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/tour-boat-mexico-pirates.jpg

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

They have to throw this in. xD

• @kaydence said in Ninja Outfit/Weapons:

I’m so confused and thrown off by this.

LOL GG

Views
53 out of 61