The Hungering Deep coming May 29th

• What hides in The Hungering Deep? Find out on May 29th when this free Sea of Thieves content update arrives! For now, grizzled old soul Merrick is dropping some hints in our official trailer. He's seen... things...

Views
  • @muse986 Loved the trailer Emma... kudos to the video team as always!

Can't wait to play now...

• pretty cool teaser. I'm glad it didn't show much, I can't wait for it. but people are gonna yell...

• Loved the trailer but I was expecting a quick glance at new stuff.

Impatience is a curse!

• That's great! Really well made! I could watch a movie like this.
    Crabs confirmed?

• @muse986 No actual gameplay footage?

• Good trailer.
    Excited for the Update!

• For all the excited pirates I don't recommend taking off the 29th from work. As we've seen before usually on patches and when the game first released the servers go a little haywire at first... Maybe request the 30th off?

• That fiddler crab is awesome.

• Drums confirmed? I loved the trailer, different from any other game trailer. Good Job.

• From a quick watch over:
    ~Spear fishing/hunting confirmed
    ~Possibly giant sharks/sea beasts
    ~Can either summon or use sacrifice to scare sea beast(?)
    ~Drum instrument coming
    ~Crabs (not sure if that's new)
    ~Small Rowboats?
    ~He has an opened herb(?) box which the character gets a handful of an throws into the fire

Hopefully this is the start of Rare rolling in all the content people have been wanting.

• @muse986 jesus what a tease

• Wooohoooo! So excited! Thanks!

• @a-trusty-mango looks like it might take at least 2 crews to summon it.

They did say recently they were going to try to promote cooperation, so it makes sense.

• Now i want 2 peglegs on my pirate.

• I actually want to know about the vicious parrot that stole his eye. Please tell!

• Making a sacrifice to sail undisturbed? Wonder if you'll have to throw chests at it and it'll leave you alone for a bit...

• @muse986 better not be a megalodon please at least promise that

• https://i.imgur.com/FSIbx2s.png

• @doc-crooks or maybe undisturbed from other players since that seems to be something some player want ^^° (NOT ME ;) )
    Maybe at the price of less exp/money and then you get an invisible/passive mode for a time limit ;)

@A-Trusty-Mango oh gosh please no!!!! O_O that would really kill the game for me when they did not think about that possibility :/

• @shikia-caeleaum said in The Hungering Deep coming May 29th:

@doc-crooks or maybe undisturbed from other players since that seems to be something some player want ^^° (NOT ME ;) )
    Maybe at the price of less exp/money and then you get an invisible/passive mode for a time limit ;)

I thought the same thing, but was afraid to even bring that touchy subject up ;) Kind of doubt it though since the devs seemed to have really focused on keeping player interaction as high as possible. Okay by me - I'm all about that PvP and down to battle! Guess we'll all just have to wait 12 days and find out! Looking forward to it.

• Megalodon?!

Welp, I guess it's Sands of Thieves for me from now on...

...there's no way you're getting me in the water now.

• @fantus not a megalodon

• @ant-heuser-kush when did they say new ship

• @a-trusty-mango so the leviathan is most likely

• @doc-crooks well the people wanting such modes scream about not even HAVING player interaction outside of killing, griefing etc., so maybe the devs think about that in a way to increase player interactions O_o
    @RoughLeech03117 you saw these one person small boats with the harpune players so they assume it is a rowboat that is coming into the game ;)

• The trailer will just lead to rampant speculation and then people being upset when those speculations aren't met.

All I gleaned was that we're getting a big shark. That's not really enough to retain players if that's what you're aiming for.

What else will be in the expansion? Any end game additions?

• That was very clearly a megalodon.

• @a-trusty-mango were did it show this in the trailer

• @muse986 it is obvious that the monster is Tamatoa. Foreshadowed with small crab. You have to sacrifice treasure(he likes treasures) and his hard exoskeleton is hard to penetrate

Am I right?

• EARLY MAY

But still, Good thing it's not in June.

• I really can't stand Rare's emphasis on "surprise and delight," "wait and see." Surprise and delight to me just ends up being "shock and disgust." I would much prefer to just have all future content bullet pointed out. Spoilers don't detract from enjoyment for most people nowadays, not for non-narrative media anyways.

• @natsu-v2 yeah, they do it out of necessity because they really don't have anything. This trailer just confirms that. what are we actually going to get in this expansion? the barely animated head of a giant shark that pops up to sink your ship and annoy the hell out of you?

cool. Anything else?

• Gotta go on a Jaws marathon now.

• Leviathan? Megaladon? Very good teaser video, super excited for the new content but the 29th leaves me deeply hangry for this update. Hopefully they minimize the bugs and glitches before release.

Views
29 out of 190