Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7

• @rangerup456 Ahoy there!

Servers are now offline for an emergency maintenance window.

• @diqitalsoul said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

FPS issues around thieves haven and other islands present since patch 1.04 still exist. Myself and others have noticed this. This same bug happened during the technical alpha and was fixed on release. In some areas the fps drops from 60 down to 30 depending on where you look. Does Rare still not know about this?

Same for me. Granted, I’m not running the fastest GPU out there (GTX 1080 Max-Q), but When I’m getting 120-150fps on the water, I expect better than 60-70 FPS at outposts and at least a solid 60fps at islands. I’ve dipped into the high 20’s for a second while looking in certain direction while on Plunder Valley. This combined with the horribly short LOD distances, jerky island LOD loading (goes from blob to full detail in one load vs gradually streaming multiple LODs for seamless transition), and object/assets spawning within reach distance tells me they have a long way to go before the game is graphically optimized.

• @itsporkchopfu said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@diqitalsoul said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

FPS issues around thieves haven and other islands present since patch 1.04 still exist. Myself and others have noticed this. This same bug happened during the technical alpha and was fixed on release. In some areas the fps drops from 60 down to 30 depending on where you look. Does Rare still not know about this?

Same for me. Granted, I’m not running the fastest GPU out there (GTX 1080 Max-Q), but When I’m getting 120-150fps on the water, I expect better than 60-70 FPS at outposts and at least a solid 60fps at islands. I’ve dipped into the high 20’s for a second while looking in certain direction while on Plunder Valley. This combined with the horribly short LOD distances, jerky island LOD loading (goes from blob to full detail in one load vs gradually streaming multiple LODs for seamless transition), and object/assets spawning within reach distance tells me they have a long way to go before the game is graphically optimized.

On a side note, if anyone else is using a GTX 1080 Max-Q I would love to know your FPS to see if my system is performing properly. I get 225-250fps in HotS on Extreme settings.

• LvL 40 GH voyage and I had 1 marauders, 5 seafarers and 1 castaway. It was gross. Hoping that isn’t the result of this reward increase and was just some terrible, terrible RNG.

• @itsporkchopfu said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@itsporkchopfu said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@diqitalsoul said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

On a side note, if anyone else is using a GTX 1080 Max-Q I would love to know your FPS to see if my system is performing properly. I get 225-250fps in HotS on Extreme settings.

I forgot to mention that I’m running at 1440p. Thanks in advance.

• Would be nice to know what gpu variants are getting that TLC. Why even play on pc...especally when you cant tell us if its a gpu we use...cmon..

• Thanks for the patch Rare, some great additions here =)

Encountering connection issues where I am brought back to main menu on PC from in game, twice today so far. Ship begins to sail below ocean surface or through obstacles, character becomes unresponsive then am prompted with disconnection prompt at black screen, seems to be introduced from patch. See below for error prompt:

"Connection to the server has been lost. Please check your connection and try again. (Almondbeard)"

• @itsporkchopfu Lucky to get 120 fps on Legendary settings anywhere, 1080 Max-Q with i7-7700 @ 2.8 though it is a laptop, but not yet triggering power or temp throttling.

Also, changing between graphics settings doesn't do much for my fps. Fps with Common settings is only like 10-15 higher than with Legendary. 120 fps almost constantly at Cursed settings though. Almost seems like the game isn't using my GPU as much as it needs to. I will have 100% CPU usage with anywhere from 20-50% GPU usage. GPU temps are also always at least 10°C lower than my CPU temps.

• @aristonsparta I was hopping for forts for 2 hours now found nothing

• @roughleech03117 Probably would have found and completed one if you played the game as intended instead of server hopping.

• Allmound beard. again come on your quick fix didn't work..... 😢👎👎👎

• I updated to the 1.0.7 patch and my PC version of the game is now at 2.75.7351.2.
    None of the new content is in my PC version of the game now. I don't have the new private server options and I keep getting kicked out of the game by AlmondBeard !!!! What the heck is going on Rare ???? !!!!!

• I think it would be helpful, given that private options as well as the underwater game tags have been disabled for now that the patch notes at the beginning of this thread are updated. It has the update that the handing items has been removed - but not the others so a lot of people are still going to be reading patch notes and wondering why these features don't appear to be in the game - unless they happen to be registered to the Discord server.

• @itsporkchopfu you're not the only one, we all get this. I'm surprised there aren't tons of threads about this for pc players. The same few people have been posting many threads on this without one mention from rare, or even a sudo "mod". I don't think this will be fixed. We think it has something to do with single/double frame buffering in vsync, but as stated, they don't respond about it. We just know it came after 1.0.4 unfortunately. The PC player base is tiny though so I doubt it's much of a priority, but It'd be cool if they even acknowledged it.

• @adeezlfosheezl xbox players having issues to dced 4 times since 415 pm emergency fix i couldn't even do a merchant quest for just chickens

• @capt-ladyladdie I guess that I must have end up in the brig, because a crew needed to keep one place ,more than you .
    But you right about the AFK's !
    I even come across some from other crew in the Ferry Of The Damn (so no one could kill them) who was turning around in circles somehow for hours to avoid getting kick out 😕
    I don't get the point why not quit the game if you can't play and come back when you can ?
    And if it's about gold Outposts are close by just take couples of minutes sell your gold and please log off.
    It's just a game at the end of the day , why ruin it for other people ?

• @daddy-sanctus what else can I do I can server hop it's perfectly legal.

• @loki-sunrider said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

I updated to the 1.0.7 patch and my PC version of the game is now at 2.75.7351.2.
    None of the new content is in my PC version of the game now. I don't have the new private server options and I keep getting kicked out of the game by AlmondBeard !!!! What the heck is going on Rare ???? !!!!!

That would be because they removed the private crew functionality in a second emergency fix. They basically have rolled back the entire patch at this point. Perhaps a public test server might be in order.

• Allmondbeard Error Still Happening.

Got it twice me and my party. Doing skulls got kicked then did chests and got kicked. 2 hours of work for nothing. This update is nithing but trouble.

• @vorticalmoney7 well i ask if i can afk to hold my spot when i put 3 hours into a mission but never hours . i believe a small percentage do it not to lose spot which wouldn't be issue in private lobby which was removed after being added today. but i understand what is frustrating is ones who dont ask crew and just do it to be carried. i have only afk once like that on sloop with friends okay so im hoping the private crews will fix it because people wont fear losing there spot on crew and can leave game and rejoin when they are back. my example i had someone commit fraud and stole real money why i went afk but again i asked before i did such . i feel the private lobby system would stop most people doing it.

• Where'd the update go? It was here earlier and no it's no more.

• @theziggyjames all thats left is new cosmetics lol and bug fixes along with new dc bug that popped up in its place.

• Lost so much loot today thanks to AlmondBeard post-rollback.

You guys should give everyone 10k gold to make up for this fiasco. I appreciate the efforts going toward improving the game, but this patch rendered it largely unplayable. 😭

• ive lost close to 20 k lol i would made 100k today instead i lost 3 k in quests

• @green-giant-530 I just managed to speed run a pigs and chicken run with some exquisite spices from a shipwreck to boot. no DC!

• @roughleech03117 Yeap! It sure is, I just don't have sympathy for server hoppers when it doesn't work out for them. Easy enough to get a couple skull forts a night staying in a server. You can always tell when the server hoppers arrive as suddenly galleon after galleon magically appears as soon as a skull pops. I enjoy just trolling them the entire time. Maybe we'll get to meet in game one day!

• @aarghmaargho ha detto in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@varneth
    You are talking about the rise in Allmondbeard issues aren't you?

First, every game has server issues.
    Second, they already stated that they have noticed an increase and are already investigating before the outcry of posts started.

Again, Rare is already on top of it. But people like you just need a reason to hate and expect everything to work flawlesly 100% of the time, it's fine.

Rare is at the top.

They removed all the features that they added in this last patch.

But hey, Rare is at the top eh...

Or you wanna say me again they were all minor features...?

• @aarghmaargho said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@varneth
    You are talking about the rise in Allmondbeard issues aren't you?

First, every game has server issues.
    Second, they already stated that they have noticed an increase and are already investigating before the outcry of posts started.

Again, Rare is already on top of it. But people like you just need a reason to hate and expect everything to work flawlesly 100% of the time, it's fine.

I get that you like this game and are patient. But man, this level of screwup does not deserve defending.

• Post patch to the patch, the game is still unstable. I was booted by Almondbeard twice.

• @hntr-green sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@oxynator No problem, hope it works out for you. The more of us who can talk to each other the better the crews will be on the seas.

normally i use a mic :)

• The game is unplayable at this point. Too unstable. Whole crew kicked twice.

• I have been waiting for the treasure drops to be adjusted since launch. I actually stopped playing for a while because I got sick of doing bounties for hours on end for 90% foul skulls. Especially when solo.

I still can not choose private crews though. For me it is still the old menu of small crew and full crew.

• @zanorax said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

I have been waiting for the treasure drops to be adjusted since launch. I actually stopped playing for a while because I got sick of doing bounties for hours on end for 90% foul skulls. Especially when solo.

I still can not choose private crews though. For me it is still the old menu of small crew and full crew.

They removed private crews as well, about an hour ago. They don't know what is causing all these crashes, so they are disabling everything new that was added in this patch.

• @Varneth @Mighty-Ace123

Rare is on top on fixing the issue.
    You can't test how a patch will behave once it is released on the server.
    Obiously something in the patch is causing servers to crash.
    Every company that creates games have these issues, example:
    Every Overwatch patch has server issues, the moment a patch releases. The servers are crashing or become unstablethere.
    There is nothing you can do against it but be clear and act when it happens, exactly what Rare is doing.

If you don't understand how developing works, maybe don't judge on it.
    Also it's just haters that will hate on everything that happens.

• Im so glad that they did this patch i loveeee stacking up skulls you know like a voyage of 15 going to turn in and behold the famous allmond beard ruins it i have serious doubts about your abilitie to deliever an update on a bigger scale

Views
313 out of 456