Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7

• @redeyesith sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@demonikstylez said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Ok so that's now 2 failed Athena voyages for me, and also 2 for a mate of mine. It seems the servers are disconnecting everyone and sinking their ships mid voyages each time.

Yep, my buddy and I have been kicked twice now in an attempt to play the game. Seems like it is basically unplayable at the moment.

Same to me. Got kicked out of my legendary. Time wasted. And getting allmostbeard ever and ever again now.

• @khaleesibot Ok just my two cents, (upvote if you can fellow pirates as we all want this)

Bounty Hunter System...
    Not to toot my own horn at all, but I have literally slaughtered countless ships....im just off legend but have given up on loot. I only wish to battle upon the seas....I have gotten quite good at it, even alone on a sloop and would just like people to come after me rather than me chase them!

I love the chase don't get me wrong....but I want to pay for my crimes!! A fat pot of loot for anyone that slays me please Rare!!

If people see there is a reason to battle, theyd stop running....less time on just loot hunting and more on role playing the Pirate life!! I've done it all, Ive pretended to be the "fort police, Green peace, Warden of the tainted sloop, Captain Sparrow, Future Pirate Lord etc etc) I have literally role played every possible scenario so please.....please introduce the bounty system so that I may continue to live in this beautiful pirate lore you have created along with the countless people I have made laugh over the mic for sheer madness! ( I literally board people.....to hand them loot.....the juxtaposition and insanity of it has crashed my friends list!)

• @khaleesibot Is Rare aware of the constant server disconnects since the patch went live today? And if so is there a fix in progress?

• @hudson-rl
    Xbox text? Why would you ever play this game without a mic?
    ALSO: PLUG A KEYBOARD INTO THE USB PORT OF YOUR XBOX! MY FRIEND DOES THIS, IT WORKS.

• @demonikstylez sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Ok so that's now 2 failed Athena voyages for me, and also 2 for a mate of mine. It seems the servers are disconnecting everyone and sinking their ships mid voyages each time.

yeep :( so bad!

• @chief-beef-dsp sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@hudson-rl
    Xbox text? Why would you ever play this game without a mic?
    ALSO: PLUG A KEYBOARD INTO THE USB PORT OF YOUR XBOX! MY FRIEND DOES THIS, IT WORKS.

what is the key to open the chat? (in game)

• @oxynator
    Enter.

• @khaleesibot
    "Being on an Order of Souls voyage no longer causes fewer ambient skeletons to spawn."

My friends and I as well as countless others feel that the ambient Skellies that appear for voyages level 40+ are **excessive **. Or at least the rate to which they respawn.

Decisions seem to have often been made whether or not it was worth it to return for the chest that still needed to be dug up (which was usually Seafarers or Castaway)

Could the respawn time be increased so that we are not fighting hoarding waves of ambient Skellies!?

I'm happy that you didn't apply a death tax because I would be dead broke after the amount of times I've been killed by these waves of skellies only to have to return with a fresh new spawn of skellies.

• @varneth said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

One minor feature? It's one of the most important features that players were waiting.

The most important feature in this patch was the open/private crew option, that is still in it. Handing other people some resources wasn't a major asset of this patch.

I played this game since alpha, i know what changed, i made the pre-order too. Don't try to fool me with all the nice words about the good work and how rare is doing good.

Then you know that they are listening to the community.

Rare is not going good on this game. And i repeat. I suggest you to go to check some comunity pages and even reddit and see what they are saying about this.

Read my previous comment, those pages and posts are from people who bought a game without having an idea what the game is about.

I can whine as well know how other people can kill me, but i knew that before i bought the game. Yes i might not like being sunk, still part of it though and i knew it.

The amount of topics with actual constructive posts is low in comparison with the posts that are just out there to whine or state how they have left the game.

• @khaleesibot : where is Solo Mode now?? this is insane, i get automaticly in a sloop With some1 in my friendslist or i have to go With a random... this closed crew is a joke, how can a crew save a spot if some1 is getting later home from work, come'on start think... what is some1 just want to go alone.... omg, use brains... sorry but this is getting me upset i go a lot solo and now the game is destroyed 4 me.... Thanks!

• @vindicuzxbox Start a closed crew on a sloop... don't invite anyone in... now your playing solo.

• @myrm actually the bugs were a lot worse before they had the group testing what they did after that was out of our hands

• @mrbrocksego i get automaticly conected With a guy on friendslist

• Game does appear to be broken now! :(

First time I logged in earlier in a Galleon alone all was fine, logged out again was just checking things.

Then trying to login as a sloop got many, many disconnects before I even got in, eventually another friend came on so we switched to Galleon and we were straight in.

We filled the boat up, put a legend voyage down then boom we were out of the server.

Friend thought sod this so we swtiched back to sloop, 1.5 hours into legend voyage a boom once again the server DC's.

There is nothing to do less than 2 hours for a legend in this game but now it seems the servers aren't stable for 2 hours so I guess I'll have to shelve this for now. :/

Hope you get it sorted soon!!!

• @vindicuzxbox You sure this guy isnt just joining you?

• @hudson-rl said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Xbox text speak or we riot! Or I do nothing and feel disappointed until it’s added in. ❤️

I notice that there is no mention of silent instruments or when we lose our clothes after a trip to the ferry of the damned. They are not listed as fixed and are not shown as known issues? What’s going on here?

Definitely want that addressed myself, but I'm happy to see some of these fixes! The names being hidden underwater is a cool feature as well, and I am stoked about the chests.

Fix the clothes being gone after death, and bring in fishing/cooking and I'll be super happy. :)

• I'll add on suggestions too but, along the lines of No Gamertag Underwater, can yinz maybe add in an Option to "Call a Mermaid"?? Countless times I've been caught by "Hey LOOK, there's a Mermaid over there!!!". It be nice to NOT have it show up unless we really need it.
    Games going GREAT by the way. Love it!

• wth guys 4 captains chest 2 sea fearer 2 villianous 1 hateful 2 gunpowder 2 Marauder 1 disgraced.lost at 11:15 am pst how do i get loot rare stole by bringing server down for maintenance without warning. rare you be pirates lol

• So I guess Rare should pass out some free unlock tokens for cosmetics? I'm willing to bet if I could get some new sails for the price of on the house I might just ignore the huge inconvenience of constant disconnects.

• @capt-poky-ph said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

I'll add on suggestions too but, along the lines of No Gamertag Underwater, can yinz maybe add in an Option to "Call a Mermaid"?? Countless times I've been caught by "Hey LOOK, there's a Mermaid over there!!!". It be nice to NOT have it show up unless we really need it.
    Games going GREAT by the way. Love it!

Honestly, I think if they get rid of the insta-mermaid, they'd have to add some method of informing players about your presence... it's already too easy for people to get aboard can cause havoc, the mermaid only gives away your presence, not your location.

• @rumham636 yea i want something for being halfway through legendary voyage and having it toss me out so i lost out on loot i had and loot i would have had. quite annoying

• Closed Crews: This option allows a single player to begin a game on either a Galleon or a Sloop, allowing friends to join in when they’re available.

How can someone join a game in progress on Xbox? Am I not reading release notes correctly?

• Hands down worst patch release to date. The servers are buggy and disconnected and randomly sinking ships seem to be happening constantly. I’ve never had an issue once until this patch.

• Since Patch 1.06 My friends and (PC Players) have had frame rate drop on all larger islands

Whole game runs 60+ frames then at island frames drop random between 20-30

• @EARTH QUAKENS Also happend 2times to us, ever since they did that emergency server maintenance. The only good thing is that we already turned everything in, in both cases.
    And the second time happened just when we were starting on legendary quest. :(

I guess I will not be playing, today anymore as the servers are extremely unstable.

• is someone else having conection problems? i loos 2 legendary quests today because all crew get rendom DC, and the sucks, a friend get all his crew DC when they was going to sell the legendary quest. someone can tell wats happening?

• servers keep disconnecting us. Cannot complete a legendary even doing a speed run without getting thrown out the game. We've given up playing till we can actually play....sorry.....and yes its still the same after the emergency patch you ran to remove the sharing of 'nanas/wood/cannon balls.

Also solo sloop has vanished. Dont get me wrong the closed groups are awesome, thank you so much, but I liked solo play ocassionally as Im sure many players did, could we have it back please seeing as the closed groups aren't actually invite only (which would be a much better way of doing it).

• on a side note if it isnt fixed today im uninstalling and asking for refund for gamepass. 😠

• disconnect now 4 times from the server with legendary

• @crazy-k2012 as long as the crew is not already at full capacity then when you click on a gamer tag from your friends list (where you can join xbox party chats) underneath is the option to join game. If the crew is already full then you can't join obviously.

• @specialdarkwolf wasting your time trying to play dude sad to say but true until they announce they fixed it what they should do is let us know with a server status update if stable or not before we connect like they do with forum when opening a lobby

• @green-giant-530 you want them to refund you £1? If you are that broke you probably shouldn't be buying games....just a thought.

• Would be nice to at least get an update from Rare. "Sorry we broke our broken game again." Should be fixed soon. Ya know....something along the lines of communication. I get that they shouldn't have to micro manage every little thing but a game breaking patch deserves a bit of damage control I would think.

• @rumham636 heres hoping its coz they're too busy fixing it.

• @sarni88 I want free sails lol. Give me shiny things and I'll go back to being content.

Views
208 out of 456