Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7

• @iceman-0007 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@khaleesibot So why aren't the devs leveraging the Pioneers for testing still. Obviously we could've found the issues before patch was released and helped get requested features pushed on time....just saying =)

So I assume there were no bugs contained in the game when it was released, as you Pioneers would have spotted them before release?

• @aarghmaargho ha detto in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@varneth

I actualy do speak a lot of people that enjoy the game, gotte love discord.
    Nobody is being joked, you know what you buy. And you know what will come in the future.

@varneth said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

They got 2 weeks to test this patch (even if they said weekly content) and one of the most important features got removed after an hour. It's not how a good game company works.

First, you don't know if this entire patch was planned for last week. All we know is that last week we could have open/private crews, but that got delayed due to good reasons.

Second, the most important features got removed?
    Only 1 minor feature got removed.

It's exactly how a good game company works, when something is breaking your game. You remove/disable it, you don't leave it in the game to be abused.

I also suggest you start doing some research on how to actually develop an application or game, because you apperently have no idea what it takes and how bugtesting works.

One minor feature? It's one of the most important features that players were waiting.

I played this game since alpha, i know what changed, i made the pre-order too. Don't try to fool me with all the nice words about the good work and how rare is doing good.

Rare is not going good on this game. And i repeat. I suggest you to go to check some comunity pages and even reddit and see what they are saying about this.

• @personalc0ffee I think you can still fill a ship when choosing open crew.

• @khaleesibot
    "You can now play with any configuration of players up to the limit on each ship, which is 4 players on the Galleon and 2 players on the Sloop"

Well there goes my hope of a 3 man sloop so I don't have to deal with the burden of a galleon when a man down. Back on the shelf you go with your disappointing [Mod edited], SoT.

• Well this more than i expected. Good stuff

• @vargar

Its in the comments of the following thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/8jkiqv/107_patch_notes/

A few representatives from RARE posted it and might be even more now, haven't checked.

• @gsites90 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@khaleesibot
    "You can now play with any configuration of players up to the limit on each ship, which is 4 players on the Galleon and 2 players on the Sloop"

Well there goes my hope of a 3 man sloop so I don't have to deal with the burden of a galleon when a man down. Back on the shelf you go with your disappointing a*s, SoT.

they never made any mention of adding more players to the sloop. you hoped for something they clearly never indicated they would add. They did say however in their content update video a new ship is coming during the cursed sails dlc. So not sure why you and several others got their p*****s in a w*d.

• Can we also have separate servers option to separate PC from Console? I hate playing with PC players they have such an advantage over Consoles.

• @xgodkevin Probably because people want to play the game without the constant burden of ship size and it's irritating getting screwed when trying to just play with friends. Shallow design limiting the ability of players to simply play in the environment they want. Shouldn't have to hand hold developers to an obvious idea, but here we see another shallow system that doesn't live up to any remote potential.

• Perfect!!

• @logansdadtoo said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@khaleesibot

Does this apply to random chests / shipwreck chests as well, or is it only for actual voyages / quests??

Strike Gold - As Pirates rank up with all the trading companies, the chances of finding more valuable rewards has been increased. Say good-bye to those Castaway Chests at higher ranks!

Being that random spawns and shipwrecks aren’t connected to player level, I’d imagine they aren’t altered by the level of the player who comes across them.

My question for @khaleesibot would be: Is this increase in rewards tied to the level of the voyage or the player doing the digging or killing, because they can often be very different.

• @aarghmaargho I saw a video of the issue on Reddit. It two pirates carrying the same object try to exchange items at the same time in the water, one of them will swim into the air.

• Thank you so much for the fixes and the implementation of the closed crew! You have no idea how many times I have wanted to start us off, get the ship stocked, and sail off to the first island before my shipmates could get settled and logged on. This will save me time and some frustration! We appreciate all the hard work!!

• @threezool Grazi

• Went for a quick treasure run this morning and got kicked for the first time. I got kicked right in front of plunder outpost right when I dropped the anchor with a ship full of loot. There was a text before it went to the loading screen, but I couldn't read it. I really hope it doesn't happen again.
    Very very upsetting.

• Can we please get an option to preview hulls, sails, and etc. before buying or an option to sell them back. You mention fixing the sea dog hull for the sloop but the ruffian sea dog hull on the sloop looks horrible and not like the small preview corner in the shop. It's almost completely different other than the bottom border. 70k waisted

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Patch Notes - 1.0.7

• Being on an Order of Souls voyage no longer causes fewer ambient skeletons to spawn.

To be honest, not only was I not aware this was a problem, but lately it seems that the exact opposite problem has appeared. I recently hit Pirate Legend, and have been running Legendary Voyages with my crew, and we've noticed that every island we land on has rapid spawning Legendary Difficulty ambient skeletons, as in up to fifteen spawning within a ten second window... they are far tougher to fight than any regular group of Bounty skeletons, as they have advantage server side for hitting us (with sword or claw), can't be stunned out of their lunges, they can walk through us to position around us and out of our own sword strikes, and generally just keep spawning as fast as we can kill them.

I understand that we're running Legendary Voyages.... but the legend shouldn't be about killing millions of regular skellies to get to the ones we have a bounty for... and then twice as many regular skellies at the same time we're fighting our bounties...

• @lowpaidnurse13 I bought that hull too :(

I am so freaking pumped for the private crews! Now I can solo sloop but have the option to let a pirate friend join when they get on for sloop action! So darn exciting!! I am not too saddened by the handing items thing honestly as I just don't see that very useful for myself but the rest of these sound great!

• to all that say the devs dont love us i give you this Starting Merchant voyages back to back will no longer prevent the reminder to collect crates from appearing.

• At first connection after patch (PC):

• Most barrels on spawn outpost are empty, can't even find enough to fill my inventory after initial spawn on the server (never happened to me before)
    • Go on Gold quests and find only low level chests (lvl 28) - have had much better halls in the past. But then again 28 isn't very high so don't know if I've reached the stage when better chests can be expected.
    • Lost connection to server after visiting 3/4 islands and with 7/8 chests on my sloop.

Result: for me the update screwed things up a bit, game seemed more stable before latest patch. To Rare's defense, this was the first connection after the update, it might improve in the future. We've all experienced some days on and some days off with this (great) game^^

Thanks for trying anyway Rare, keep it up, sure it will come together.

• [PC Only] Resolved bug which triggered Copperbeard error when alt-tabbing.

You guys did not fix this, When I'm in full screen and I alt-tab out of the game and back into the game I get copper beard.
    You get copper beard when you minimize the game.

• So after removing the feature to give other players resources this update is just the open and close crew option, I love the game and all but come on guys... there was no update last week because "it was not ready yet".... and it's still not ready.

#feelsbadman

• Afternoon developers!

One thing which would be amazing would be to have multiple people on a sloop or even a ship that would accommodate 3 people. My friends and I play as a 3, which is very hard in a galleon. Would be good to see this and sure cannot be that difficult.

• @mcmurder-theiv said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

So after removing the feature to give other players resources this update is just the open and close crew option, I love the game and all but come on guys... there was no update last week because "it was not ready yet".... and it's still not ready.

#feelsbadman

Well, last week the patch was delayed because the main feature (Private Crews) was causing crashing on PC... so obviously they didn't put it into play. That's fixed, so its able to work this week... and the new feature planned for this week is ALSO causing server issues, so it specifically got pulled. I don't understand what you're complaining about, should they have given us a patch with a game breaking bug, not given us any patch for the second week in a row because they hadn't figured everything out yet, or done what they did, which was give us a patch with most of the stuff in it, but the game breaking stuff out?

• @xxxrookxxx ugh it made me so mad it is so ugly on the sloop lol 😖

• Ok so that's now 2 failed Athena voyages for me, and also 2 for a mate of mine. It seems the servers are disconnecting everyone and sinking their ships mid voyages each time.

• @juantrabubu Then leave, if your tired of waiting for content that needs to be polished before release (obviously) then your not helping Rare or yourself. Imagine they just release it all at once (like you want) and the sheer mess it brings with it, that will cause more players to leave than taking there time with it!.

• @demonikstylez said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

Ok so that's now 2 failed Athena voyages for me, and also 2 for a mate of mine. It seems the servers are disconnecting everyone and sinking their ships mid voyages each time.

Yep, my buddy and I have been kicked twice now in an attempt to play the game. Seems like it is basically unplayable at the moment.

Views
152 out of 456