Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6

• It is always lovely seeing Rare constantly making updates in order for us to have a more enjoyable and rich experience. With each update, the game became more stable, better optimized and an overall better product. With his latest patch, things became nicer with the addition of new cosmetics.

• @eredhar I agree, only problem with the latest 1.0.6 patch is that the skeleton spawns are sometimes broken again and we’re not seeing the new imperial sovereign weapon, ship and equipment skins.

• @mad-ragga-luke What do you mean by we are not seeing the new imperial sovereign skins? I see them. Keep in mind that certain cosmetics are only available in certain regions of the map.

• 1.06 did introduce a new bug, no clothes after you die bug. You can see your clothes but other people can't. But I'll take this bug any day for the decreased load times implemented. I've only locked up once taking a mermaid back and spawn times are much shorter. I do on occasion have the black screen after I die for longer than it takes the Ferry map to load and the door to open.

• @ghst-korbrm I’m only seeing the new sovereign clothes.. no ship custo, equipment or weapon skins

• So today, 5/8/18, there was no new patch, correct? I just didn't see anything when I logged in this morning.

• @brym3th3ous Correct, the patch got pushed back until Thursday according to the SoT Twitter account.

• today is de day

• It could not be done, for example, if I start a game on the corvette alone without other people coming in and then I can invite my friends, that would be a lot better.
    I'll try to explain better, put options to be able to invite friends even if I start in a corvette with the solo option to not put anyone randomly. Please, that would be very good.

• @dud3rdude You do not know de day.

• @khaleesibot

So two issues I've been having since this update:

1. Allmondbeard and Copperbeard. Every night. Multiple Times. It's real bad.

2. Skeleton Accuracy from forts not only seems NOT nerfed, it seems WAY BUFFED. Several times I've gotten to a fort only to have 4+ skeletons on cannons unloading into my poor sloop endlessly, and with terrifying accuracy. I've had 2 veteran crews sunk this way because we couldn't catch a breath. Has this been changed?

• no patch this week? does that mean hungering deep is sooner than expected

• @mcdougle99 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

no patch this week? does that mean hungering deep is sooner than expected

The patch is tonight - you can check when they will be on this page.

• @mcdougle99 new patch is today I think? Don’t expect hungering deep though, just a load of bug fixes as per. They’ll probably throw in a few teases towards the upcoming dlc but I reckon hungering deep won’t drop for another 2 weeks

• @mad-ragga-luke but they said "early May"

• @avecrux said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@mad-ragga-luke but they said "early May"

When? All I've ever seen is a generic "in May" response on the release for Hungering Deep. All the way up to May 31 qualifies as "in May".

• @redeyesith early May

• @avecrux

Thanks for that, this is the first I have seen anything actually state "early May" - looks like they didn't make the window they hoped to then. Outside of this email it seems they were very careful to simply say "in May" so kudos.

Well, that sucks, but it is what it is I suppose.

• “Server will shut down in 30 minutes” - confirmed by 3 of my comrades just now in different time zones.

• @avecrux it’s good to be sceptical, I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we get hungering deep today after maintenance that’s for sure

• @baconwrappedsac aye, i be from the UK and downtime went up 20 minutes ago at 9am GMT and is due to be back up at 2pm GMT. 5 hours from now if you like :)

• @mad-ragga-luke surely there would be teasers or promo material if they were ready to release an update like that ...

I've seen no mention of it yet.

• @dreamingnomad I agree and it’s been confirmed that they’ll be no patch update today. Servers are down for maintenance only but they’ve said on the “status” page that Joe Neatte will be providing a video explaining why they’ve gone about it this way. I believe when this video drops (either later on this evening or tomorrow) he’ll then tease hungering deep.. potentially.

• I want them to get it right before releasing any updates! I'd prefer no downtime to rushing stuff

Views
392 out of 409