Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6

• @afloatfob5 Yeah I've submitted a report. Just curious to see if it's just me and an issue on my end.

• I ran into an issue while playing last night, my character could not run or look at the ground ( Digging animation was off as well due to this). Didn't have enough time to check if a trip to the ferry fixed this as I powered down after the issue arose.

• @themuckypaw don’t know why mine seems better than ever

• All skeleton canons were unbelievably accurate even from long distance

Soooo happy now, some skeleton forts were nearly invincible to attack because of this

Thank you rare

• @Sn1pesh0t-D Please avoid posts that are intended to bait and troll other users on our forums, as it is a violation of our Forum rules. Your post has been removed accordingly.

• @khaleesibot

Please return the inventory to all outposts.

We can already waste evenings waiting for friends to join, sailing for long stretches, getting sunk and sent to other side of map and all for stingy loot even at higher levels. Now you want to add time? So when I can finally buy something I have to go sail to find it. Oh, scratch that... I have to look online to find what is available and where to buy it. That sucks. Stop acting like the guys at Bungie whose game design was antagonistic to the player and actively destroyed the fun and artificially extended the game. I got all my friends to buy this. The core is fun. Keep fun at the heart and keep adding to it instead of taking away from it.

• @diqitalsoul Well 2 days later and they don't mention anything.. We've tagged them and asked about this issue many times over dozens of posts without one reply. We do know it's not on our end, but something they did from patch 1.0.4. B****r

@Sarni88 Yes same here earlier, it was worse than ever. I guess these patches are proving a lot more work than they expected. A lot more issues are arising after each update. I don't think these forums are a place to even ask questions anymore, maybe 1 out of 10 even gets a mention.

• @khaleesibot
    I appreciate all the new content and work done but I JUST WANT TO LOOK DOWN AND SEE MY FEET NOT DANCE TO SEE THEM ITS FIRST PERSON I PLAY AS THE FAT CHARACTER THOUGHT THATS WHY I COULDNT SEE MY FEET BUT NONE OF MY FRIENDS CAN SEE THEIR FEET #whereisourfeet

• the skeleton guns and cannons accuracy is too high. also there is something wrong with the skeleton spawn system.
    sometimes the skeletons keeps respawning after killed in an group of 8-12 just in a second they respawn and after that it keeps repeating.
    you guys really need to do something about the horrible lags and stuttering on xbox. every week after an update it is getting worse. all the bugs you have fixed are back in.
    pirate that is walking 45 degrees and weapon animation glitch up.
    weapons appreance getting back to stock look. cant switch weapons.
    falling trough the ship and crow nest.
    pirates that are naked.
    blackscreen on respawn and have to restart the game.
    many times lazy board error.
    spawn killing.
    respawn ship distance gets many time broken and spawns you nearby.
    aim bot users.
    c****y servers where are the europe servers ?
    invinsible skeletons.
    skeleton sword attack is doing allot damage.
    even if they are far away.
    skeleton ai is broken and skeletons actinb horrible.
    order of souls skeleton spawn still broken.
    merchant alliance rewards are horrible.
    respawn back to the ship if you are normally stuck but it just respawns you back to the ship even if you are not stuck.
    water waves is rubberbanding on the xbox.
    ship wrecks are empty many times. tip for you if they are empty same with barrels just despawn them or remove the birds.
    skeleton gun distance and cannon distance are far to way. they can hit you trough rocks or if you are top far away even if you are down on the ship.
    the ship rope is too close too each other same with the anchor and the first cannon. many times it picks the wrong one when you press X
    why are there only 3 forts active ?
    i really have the idea that you guys don't know what you doing with fixes.
    why are you posting fixes every week that don't are fixed.
    setup an test group before you release it because now the game is totally horrible to play.
    day one was fun now 5 weeks later it is an hell to play.

whats the point of being insider ? where is the exclusive information and where are the emails with insider news etc.
    maybe you need to take care of your insider people. let them test stuff and talk with them on an live chat everyweek to discuss things together.
    Rare i'm really dissapointed in you at this moment and this is not what Rare is normally.

• I have s.o.t for my pc and i cant seem to be able to buy anything since this new patch. Can someone help me out here?

• @specialdarkwolf Hey at least you can join the insider programme, ive been waiting since launch to join and get a verification email. and no response from tickets either.

• @oldrusty-gaming ok thats weird but you don't miss anything about be an insider

• @adeezlfosheezl yeh I believe you're right. Posted a few things about various bits and bobs, always making sure I've read as much of the relevant threads first to ensure Im not wasting anyones time wih repeat issues but its never any of the Rare team that respond, just other players with the same issues. What I dont understand is: they released it as a full game at full price when clearly there is a substantial short-fall in both quality and content. If they were a startup company trying to put funds together I could forgive them but its Microsoft, one of the biggest, richest and longest established computer technology companies on the planet with practically bottomless funding. They're turning into EA and putting themselves first instead of the gaming community. Even some of their own employees have quit and spoken out against them, its pathetic. If CD Projekt had made this game it would have worked perfectly on release and any patches would have been minor bug fixes at most. Thats the difference between a company that cares and a money grabbing bunch of....

I love the principal of the game and have no doubt that one day it will live up to what it frankly should have been on day 1 of release but I wish gaming companies would go back to the old days where the Alpha and Beta testing was actually rigorous and fixed all this rubbish before putting their product on the market as a half baked mess of dodgey coding and poor execution with missing or broken content.

Its insluting to us to think we'd be ok with it.

Sort yourselves out Rare, this is embarrassing; and if you dont think it is then you need to adjust your priorities and start being embarrassed for the poor quality product you have released. Its too late now but the right thing to do would have been to spend an extra 6 months fixing all this c**p before releasing the game.

....and breathe....lol

• Heard it was possibly on this thread already but, 11 pages is a ton to read through. Just looking for an update regarding the Imperial Sovereign Ship color bug (missing).

• @reluctantdragon said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@hntr-green A "LONG TIME "..... lol. Good luck angry person.
    P.s is it beceause you know deep down that the game's not very good ,the reason why you're getting so irritated ?

I don't read it as him being irritated, See that is the thing about text. You read what you want. As most do. Same old I read something as if you were mad, so you must be mad, yep you're mad. That is all you're doing. But please do continue and tell him how HE feels or thinks.

• The kraken needs to be fixed. It should not be able to suck you through the bottom deck and up through the captains quarters. Lots of rubber banding with this patch. And on some not all of the skelllie cannon accuracy issues have been resolved. Still LOD issues with objects rendering in on islands. Hopefully things will continue to improve and get resolved.

• There seems to be an issue with skeletons shooting through objects and models. I've been shot through my ship when a skeleton was aiming for another crew member but the bullet hit me when I was grabbing bananas.

• @themustamissed sorry Sigmund. Must try better at analysing people's psyche. Enlighten me with your co-ed mind.

• @khaleesibot
    Thank you again for all the updates! Keep them coming! You've been hitting it home Everytime!

• Still no private session really getting to point we're I want to quit. Please hurry with Pve Server

• @xstorm-punisher said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

Still no private session really getting to point we're I want to quit. Please hurry with Pve Server

• @xstorm-punisher
    Thats not happening mate
    link text

• @nwo-azcrack really

• @xstorm-punisher
    Ya sorry mate. Not bein a troll, just tryin to let you know you might as well adapt and enjoy

• @nwo-azcrack when all u get is ship sunk killed for nothing spawned killed at out posted and half way through a voyage justed to get nothing

• @xstorm-punisher
    Well there are so many things to avoid all this. I have only lost loot once. And it was a castaway i didnt care for. Get a good crew. Learn all the tricks of the trade, and its easy

• @xstorm-punisher
    I'm fairly certain Rare has explicitly stated there will be no PvE servers, SoT is supported by 3 pillars of interaction

1. player/ship interaction
    2. player/world interaction
    3. player/player interaction
      remove pillar 3 and you're playing an endless series of voyages with little to no threat to your ship, that undermines pillars 1 and 2 as well because now the only threat to your ship is storms and skellys on cannons which are now highly avoidable.
      If they were to add PvE servers they'd have to come out with WoW level content in order to make things interesting and that's not their goal.
      tl;dr no, they're not basically removing ship combat from a game designed around ship combat.
  • @vantavia really getting to a point we're it like I said killed a lot ship sunk and spawn camped at out posted really justed to end up with nothing. When I've spent my time doing the voyage justed to get sunk for nothing really teas me off need private servers and that is finally

• @xstorm-punisher
    You might need a private server but the rest of us dont mate

• @nwo-azcrack like I said sick of being sunk for nothing when I'm in the middle of a voyage

• @xstorm-punisher
    Thats the name of the game. Its your job to protect that loot mate. You dont get a choice to just explore. Its a shared world game. Its not just your world

• @xstorm-punisher
    I was too, so I got better at the game to prevent it from happening.
    Not to be rude but it sounds like you're just not very good at the game yet

• @vantavia rude much

• @xstorm-punisher said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@vantavia rude much

I sail solo a good chunk of time bro and I have lost more loot while sailing a galleon with a full crew then I do solo. You have to be aware of your surroundings and be prepared to sail away if you have to much loot to risk. Pve sounds terrible for this game.

Views
351 out of 409