Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6

• So i just discovered that i cant play the Game anymore cause, i dont have Options in the Menü
    I cant choose to sail with small crew or alone or on galleon/sloop. The game just shows the Screen with the Grog barrels with no Option to click in front.

It Just blank help anyone know why this is and how to fix?

• @mad-mordechai said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

I cannot see any logos, text, or UI within the game after launching. The only thing I see are the rendered models within the main menu, there is no "Sea of Thieves" logo, I don't even see the splash screen. I had no such issue before this patch.

That certainly should not be the case! This Support Article should resolve this for you, if it doesn't, please submit a bug report so we can look into it further.

• @rarecsm @khaleesibot
    Thank you very much, that solved it for me.

• All Sea Dog and Sovereign gear isn't showing in any of the stores.

• I'm grateful for the new cosmetic items, some more variety and a reason to travel to different outposts in search of different items is well received.

I did have my hopes up for Private matches this week, I love this game just getting frustrated about having to keep quitting out and starting again every time a different friend comes online or logs off :(

Don't leave us waiting too long.....

• Thank you, resetting the data brought me back in the game. But I have to say I'm a developer myself and this is an issue tjat shouldn't come with a new patch and if it does and you know it, reset the data when installing the patch.

• Armor, as long as theres armor.
    Nothin really, real. Still 2 2 the brain pan, and you swim with the fishes.
    Oh and mask, nice scary mask. Maybe just in time 4 all hallows eve. Maybe an event in october where the undead get stronger building up to a hallow chest
    That needs 2b found oh or 13 of them.
    To return the undead horde to a watery grave.
    Im ramblin am i ramblin?
    Also you should rewatch "the fog"
    Can you imagine a fog moves in on your ship bringing with it the sudden glowing eyes of a shadow skeleton crew coming to steal your ship to go and retreive their earthly booty. Itd be cool if you somehow could let them (the shadow pirates) take your boat somewhere and dig up their booty. Only to have you fight them for it. Kill them and run. Once on the water though the fog chases you riding the wind currents ever closer until you carry their booty onto land. Where they are doomed never to tread again. Then u ca$h that $--t in.
    Thanks
    badkarma

• Oh please no, why would you remove the 90 frame lock option and replace it with 72 instead? that's a very unnecessary change. Now the only jump I have is between 72 fps and 120 fps lock, locking to 90 was the sweet spot for me with a 100hz monitor, as locking to 120 introduces tearing and stuttering...

Please add the 90 fps lock back, I cannot understand why you removed this.

• @reluctantdragon Your post was saying that you were going to trade the game in because there was only cosmetics, no content, with this patch. That's whining, in fact its quite childish in HOW you whined about it. It's the equivalent to saying you're going to take your ball and go home because the others aren't playing things the way you want to. As I pointed out, the content is coming this month. Your comment about there being no content on the first patch (on the first day, like I pointed out earlier) of the month in which we have been promised content is whining: Pure and Simple.

Once again, I won't be sad to see people like you gone.

• @mad-mordechai omg really?

• No Sea of Tease? :(

• @hntr-green im agree with you but the lack of content is real is SEVERAL real.

• @sir-lotus majestic!

• after that patch crewmates spawn as naked male characters, when they died, even female characters ...
    wierd

• I like everything in this update with the exception of being forced into busy servers. There are plenty of times when I'm on a solo sloop and enjoy the peace of sailing around, minding my business without the hassle of constantly fighting off ships. If servers got quiet for people who wanted more action, they had the option to leave and join a new server. This seems to make it much harder for people who maybe aren't in the mood for PvP but then again, I don't know how "low population" is defined.

Everything else is great! Love the gun!

Also, please nerf skelly accuracy on the pistols. It's a little too aimbot-y. #SkellysStillTooOP :p

• Hey,
    After I bought some "Grand admiral" items, I have seen "boss admiral" objects and I do not see them anymore from the seller :(

• @beardstriker Oh, I know. I acknowledge that there is a lack, but I also know more stuff IS coming, this month, and threatening to trade the game in because it's not available THIS patch is just absurd.

• I like the change from having every outpost have everything, to them having more unique selections, the cosmetics is a start, hopefully eventually the merchant company will be expanded in a similar way with outposts wanting specific goods, and beyond that all the trading companies could have dailies (this is the one time I mean real day not ingame) specific to each outpost that require specific chests or skulls,
    Meaning you would have reason to save items for a specific drop that other players could be aware of from having visited the same outpost or possibly npc on islands nearby to outposts spread rumors, and once the potion shop opens different potions could be available at different times and days from certain outposts etc. hopefully the pricing of these new cosmetics makes sense too.

• Hello

Thx 2 the new cosmetics !
    and plz bring some cosmetics for the female players... i dont want use a beard with my female Pirate.... bring some hair cosmetics plz.....

mfg Stoke

• @chickengizzurd said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@reluctantdragon bye felicia!

That says so much about you my friend. Read any Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky lately?

• Nice list of new cosmetics, thank you. But you really need to be more creative with the naming.

• @khaleesibot
    Thanks for the great update! A good, detailed patch, it seems... I can't wait to log on later today and see these new items for myself... (The Launch Crew Eye of Reach looks amazing btw!!!) ;D

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

Tutorial Invulnerability - Players are no longer invulnerable during parts of the Tutorial when first launching the game.

There's a tutorial??
    alt text

• @hntr-green said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@reluctantdragon Your post was saying that you were going to trade the game in because there was only cosmetics, no content, with this patch. That's whining, in fact its quite childish in HOW you whined about it. It's the equivalent to saying you're going to take your ball and go home because the others aren't playing things the way you want to. As I pointed out, the content is coming this month. Your comment about there being no content on the first patch (on the first day, like I pointed out earlier) of the month in which we have been promised content is whining: Pure and Simple.

You really are angry, aren't you? I bet you would be fantastic in a debating society. Defend "your" game all you like. See how long before you're leaving.

• @alavna91 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

Tutorial Invulnerability - Players are no longer invulnerable during parts of the Tutorial when first launching the game.

There's a tutorial??
    alt text

It's literally only telling you that you can eat bananas to regain health,

• Since update none of the shops or shipwright have any admiral sets,which is annoying as i was going for the full set

• @reluctantdragon said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@hntr-green said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@reluctantdragon Your post was saying that you were going to trade the game in because there was only cosmetics, no content, with this patch. That's whining, in fact its quite childish in HOW you whined about it. It's the equivalent to saying you're going to take your ball and go home because the others aren't playing things the way you want to. As I pointed out, the content is coming this month. Your comment about there being no content on the first patch (on the first day, like I pointed out earlier) of the month in which we have been promised content is whining: Pure and Simple.

You really are angry, aren't you? I bet you would be fantastic in a debating society. Defend "your" game all you like. See how long before you're leaving.

Someone seems offended at being called out for whining... I plan on playing this game a long while, especially since we're getting content soon. Gonna probably be a LONG time before I'm gone, as I'm not a quitter like you.

• @xxmistrp74xx said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

Since update none of the shops or shipwright have any admiral sets,which is annoying as i was going for the full set

Check the shops at Golden Sands and Sanctuary Outposts, they carry those sets now

• Pity that game is dying...I bet players leave this game by thousands - there is nothing to do after 3-5 days...
    And cosmetic stuff ain't gonna save the situation.

I love this tech demo, but there is no content to call it a game, so sad because it could be a super game...

• @khaleesibot Wait a second... Where is the shark like ships hulls,sails and figure? :o Not implemented? :(

• @hntr-green A "LONG TIME "..... lol. Good luck angry person.
    P.s is it beceause you know deep down that the game's not very good ,the reason why you're getting so irritated ?

• Although we all saw it coming..little bummed the merch outpost exploit was fixed..im only lvl 37 and thia is going to make it take fooooorrrrrreeeevvvveerrrr kudos to all those that got the grind over with before hand..

• @symbioto said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

Pity that game is dying...I bet players leave this game by thousands - there is nothing to do after 3-5 days...
    And cosmetic stuff ain't gonna save the situation.

I love this tech demo, but there is no content to call it a game, so sad because it could be a super game...

Be careful my friend ... there's lots of sensitive little souls in this thread who don't like negative comments.

• @hntr-green Same! I love this game! Add me... we may be the last two standing at this rate :P

• @rarecsm ha detto in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.6:

@mad-mordechai and for those missing the UI at the front end: https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001190208-No-UI-Menu-when-launching-the-game

its worked for me, thanks

Views
79 out of 409