Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4

• Patch Notes - 1.0.4

It's been just over three weeks since we launched Sea of Thieves, and a lot has happened since then! We've been listening to you all, and we know you are keen to hear how we plan to grow Sea of Thieves. As we've always said, launch is just the start, and we are going to grow and evolve the game with feedback from our community. It feels like the right time to reveal how we'll do this.

Our first content update, The Hungering Deep, will release in May and bring with it a new AI threat to the world. Watch our Inside Story and read our Content Plan Article to get you all caught up on what is coming next in Sea of Thieves!

Download size:

Around 1.30 GB for all platforms.

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Maintenance Window

The game will be unavailable due to necessary maintenance at these times:

• Wednesday 18th April 9am – 2pm BST

Updates

• Pirate Legend - The first legendary ship customisations have arrived at the Shipwright's Shop in the Legendary Hideout! From here you can purchase your new Pirate Legend sails, hull and figurehead.

alt text

• Sound Effects - Players will now hear a new sound effect when they open a Lore Book and when a Merchant Alliance contract has expired.
    • Spring Cleaning - It is now easier to place chests and skulls on shelves in the Captain's Cabin, and to drop items overboard!
    • [PC Only] Controller Remapping - We've added push-to-talk to the list of actions players can rebind on controller.

Fixed Issues

• The server migration-free zone around the Skeleton Forts has been doubled.
    • Trading companies now inform you when you have reached the voyage purchase limit for the day (Refreshes at 6am in-game time).
    • Fixed clipping of reward values in wallet UI animations.
    • Fixed text clipping in the Reputation menu UI.
    • Company icons in the voyage pop-up UI are now the correct size.
    • Ammo box on Lookout Point can now be used.
    • Skeleton crews encountered during bounty quests and skeleton forts now have correctly matching attire.
    • Players weapon selection from the Armoury should no longer reset to default after death.
    • A notification should now trigger when a crewmate finds a reward from a Message in a Bottle map.
    • Ships should no longer spawn with damage.
    • Voyage description text has been increased in size, and should now be easier to read from a distance.
    • Filters in the Equipment Chest will no longer become impossible to select.
    • Candles are no longer floating in the air on Old Salts Atoll
    • Lantern in the north-western part of Kraken’s Fall is no longer floating above the barrels.
    • Skeleton Fort Cannons can once again be manned by players without fear of an explosive demise.
    • Appearance of the water in the Legend Hideout has been improved.
    • Rain will no longer appear inside the Legend Hideout Tunnel.
    • Players will now correctly take damage from gunpowder kegs whilst underwater.
    • Multiple text bugs and NPC dialogue issues in English have been resolved.

Performance Improvements

• Improved performance on high resolution PCs running at lower than native resolution.
    • The number of instances of rubber banding and teleporting players has been reduced.
    • Increased quality of island rendering at a distance when using the spyglass on all quality settings on both platforms.
      This has no effect when the island is too far away to be loaded
    • Multiple server crash fixes.
      Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.

Known Issues

• Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
      Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
    • Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
      We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.
    • Skeleton Fort or Bounty quest skeleton waves sometimes spawn in the ground or cannot be found at all.
      Further improvements to spawning have been made in this update, and we are working to resolve the issue for all islands. For a potential work around, please read this Support article.
    • [PC] Push to talk option will reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
      This bug has been fixed and will be added to a future update.

Views
  • Quite a list of fixes, great job!

• @khaleesibot
    'Players will now correctly take damage from gunpowder kegs whilst underwater.'
    That changes things quite dramatically!!! Will have to be a lot more careful when attacking boats from below now ;)

Controller Remapping - We've added push-to-talk to the list of actions players can rebind on controller.
    So does this mean that in game chat we have to push the PTT button to talk to everyone or does it only apply to enemy crews? ie my crew can hear me at all times, but i have to push the PTT button for an enemy crew to hear me. Or does it mean no one can hear me until i use the PTT button, then my crew & everyone (in proximity) can hear me?

• Great job on adding small content to Legendary already. I was afraid that was on the backburner for now. Hope there is more to come!

• I notice there's no mention of the bug that stops some players equipping a second weapon. I know it was initially marked as fixed in patch 1.0.3, but it is still a known issue.

And while it was later removed from the 1.0.3 patch notes (although it would have been better to move it to the known issues list rather than deleting it entirely) and there is a support article for it that was updated on the 14th April (a couple of days after patch 1.0.3), not including it on the latest known issues list kinda makes it look like it's been forgotten, even if it hasn't.

• What?!?
    The most annoying problems don't get adressed??

1. The Push-to-talk-issue 'has been fixed' but its still here... ?!?
    2. The respawn distance of ships sunk hasn't been changed ?!?
    3. Still no private sessions/kick option for random people joining your session ?!?
    4. The 'only-one-weapon' bug hasn't been fixed

instead they fixed some floating candles... really? come on

• Awesome fixes and nice to see legendary ship customisation now in place, great work guys keep the goodness coming

• @twitchtv-mohky написал в Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4:

What?!?

3. Still no private sessions/kick option for random people joining your session ?!?

This is FIX patch + a lil more cosmetics, not major patch.
    Be patient

• Great job Rare

loving the fix list

I'm assuming "Players weapon selection from the Armoury should no longer reset to default after death" doesn't include it randomly switching to default skins whilst not incurring death? :)

• @ever-reddy
    Das Problem habe ich schon wochenlang es sollte ja schon behoben sein,
    nur ich sehen davon nix

I have the problem for weeks, it should already be fixed,
    only I see nothing of it

• Uhuhuuu can't wait for that first legendary ship to pop up on the horizon!
    Sounds like some good changes were made and i can't tell you how much i appreciate the small size of your updates!
    More often than not i want to hop on for a quick session, just to find myself trapped in downloading a 12GB update.

• Can we please get text speak on Xbox. Every patch I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll be included. It’s already in place on Windows 10.

• @zanmi Hopefully they will start adding most of the missing cosmetics and customization from the Beta this way.

@khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4:

• The number of instances of rubber banding and teleporting players has been reduced.

Glad this is being worked on, constantly rubberbanding around was getting really tiresome.

• Nice to see legendary content comming in! Hope to see the legendary ship model soon aswell! Also good job on bug fixes!

Only hope is to see alot of clothing sets comming in to the game soon, this would be greatly appreciated!

• @khaleesibot oo my exploding barrels fixed thank you rare

• is there not weekly challenges starting this week?

• @logansdadtoo said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4:

@khaleesibot >
    Controller Remapping - We've added push-to-talk to the list of actions players can rebind on controller.
    So does this mean that in game chat we have to push the PTT button to talk to everyone or does it only apply to enemy crews? ie my crew can hear me at all times, but i have to push the PTT button for an enemy crew to hear me. Or does it mean no one can hear me until i use the PTT button, then my crew & everyone (in proximity) can hear me?

Good question, I'd like to know that as well. I was actually forced to use PPT if I play on PC in a Xbox Party because no matter what the party settings were everyone could hear me always.

• @personalc0ffee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4:

@mcdougle99 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4:

is there not weekly challenges starting this week?

I do not believe that is until May!

I believe that in the roadmap video it was stated that this would start after the May content update indeed.

• Some awesome bug fixes here, love the improvements made here!

A couple of bug fixes which will improve my QOL.

• @personalc0ffee said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4:

@mcdougle99 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4:

is there not weekly challenges starting this week?

I do not believe that is until May!

so only after their first content drop. That's a b****r.

• @twitchtv-mohky said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.4:

What?!?

4. The 'only-one-weapon' bug hasn't been fixed

1. Servers are still down, how do you know?
    2. Still a random spawn distance, but they are looking at it! Edited
    3. They are looking into it, but its not an easy ''fix'' or implementation.
    4. See point nr 1.

They are working on the game, don't give them c**p for doing other fixes aswell.

• That's everything? Boring! It's not enough to lure me back to this game....

• Render distance has been improved!? Thank you! Looking forward to logging on next to have a look.

It’s been a massive issue, not only for me, so I’m delighted you are looking at it Rare. Well played!

• Thanks, Rare!

• "Increased quality of island rendering at a distance when using the spyglass on all quality settings on both platforms."
    Omg yes! Can't wait to test this when I get home.

@twitchtv-mohky
    Just calm down, will you?
    Different teams work on different things. Moving candle geometry is not affecting fixing of bugs, there is no reason not to do both. Respawn distance of ships has already been changed two weeks ago. Private sessions and kick options probably take longer to program and implement correctly and likely requires changes to the servers as well, so they will probably be in a bigger update.

It's beyond me how you can still whine and act this entitled even now that Rare is actually pushing out patches and fixing issues every week.

• @khaleesibot what about people that beach there ship on land so it can not sink when its between objects ? this issue been around since alpha still no fix?

• Nice I was literally saying to a friend last night it would be great if we could drop or “throw” items a little farther to make dumping explosives or passing chests off cliffs a little less fiddly. And a new ship customisation? People can get salty and entitled but I don’t think I’ve seen a dev react this quickly and often to player feedback, whilst trying to please everyone. Good job rare can’t wait for the weekly events and hungering deep!

• Still no content to get me playing again, oh hum.

• @personalc0ffee I'm not the one that was complaining, lol.

• @khaleesibot Glad to hear fixes are still going on! Great work guys!

• Nice list.

Taking damage from a boom barrel underwater will change things

Now easier to drop items overboard: I'm sure the muppet of a crew member throwing captains chests off the ship lastnight will be pleased it will be easier for them. Not that he needed any help haha
    Great for dropping explosives behind your ship and retrieving those chests caught half way on cliffs.

• @personalc0ffee
    I hope Rare adds a new NPC in the content patches. A really whiny ghost pirate that sometimes appears on your ship and keeps on pestering you for hours with incoherent rambling, but you can sometimes make out the words "content", "balance" and "PvE servers".
    The only way to get rid of him is to feed him all of your ships bananas while playing on the hurdy gurdy.

• I look forward to these patches every week. This week's fixes are indeed very nice. Still, can we get an upvote on managing our band of bloody pirates? We really would like to have a private party of players.

• Impressive list, thanks!

• Great to hear. Some of those issues are what pushed me away from this game for a little bit. But with you guys working h*****n getting the fixes out, I'll definitely be getting back into it.

Views
25 out of 259