Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.3

• @neptuncynic They should really try buffing whatever is weaker instead of nerfing what is strong. Increasing the bullets and reload speed for the pistol and buffing the sniper's damage would be way more interesting solutions for people only using the blunderbuss.

But what should we expect from the people whose first idea to fix the lack of player engagement was to impose a death toll?
    I do love Rare and Sea of Thieves, but some of the decisions they are making are baffling to me.

• @sveepa said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.3:

@tyburn-ketch said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.3:

Draw distance? Ongoing performance issue to be fixed or simply ignored?

The "technical" artist basically said there wasn't a problem. I believe the post is in the captains quarters. It was a great non answer to through on the pile.

Yes I’ve seen his post. You’re right. It doesn’t answer the problem. After the 1st patch there is now a noticeable difference in draw distance. Both pc and console users have noticed it. Items now “pop” at a certain distance (including players) when they didn’t used to at launch. It has rendered the spyglass practically obsolete and is affecting gameplay. It’s not just the aesthetics of seeing things “pop” ( or worse trying to “pop” ) the nerf of draw distance has taken one of only a few tools we have out of the game. It’s changed the gameplay as you now need to practically be on an island for items to appear. It’s a gameplay issue! Surely this is not what Rare want?

It is not hardware related. Nothing on my system has changed. Or ... if it is hardware... can we please have a fix? Or some sort of communication on this subject. It’s real. Many people have noticed.

• Good job! If you update and fix things in this rate we have a full game in 2020. keep it up!

• @usingjet
    <Trading Companies now have limited voyage stock that refreshes at 6am every day (in-game time). This limited voyage stock is currently not explained during purchasing.

I'm so confused with this one. Is this a known issue meaning that it was already in the game before the patch and the issue is that it isn't said anywhere that this happens? Or is the issue that they just now added this into the game and it also doesn't say in-game that this has been added?

• No idea why PC gamers get increased sensitivity but consoles are still lacking

• @a-cranky-eskimo I’m pretty sure that controller v mkb is always the top balance priority in all cross-platform games.

It is the reason why they forced pc players in the beta to use a controller because they didn’t want the misconception to fog people’s mind about the balancing of the game and other things which they were actually testing.

Now that people “think” it is a problem.. they concentrate on it and use that as a crutch to explain why they are getting out played.

I play on the xbox with a controller and never have a problem. Because I outplay my opponant. When i lose, it is because of MY bad aim.. not my input device.

• @brigonos

So this is game time, not BST? If so then that is fine.

• @khaleesibot

• We have corrected an issue with players receiving very little warning of a server shutdown. Players should now receive a minimum warning of 30 minutes for a server shut down.

THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS!

• Hi, thanks for the update news 👍 just wanted to ask.. Will there be a fix for the sky lighting bug? Its 50/50 when logging into a server and the sky remains a pastel green, never turns blue ,remains rather dull but becomes very dark at night, more so than normal! This can sometimes be triggered also when sailing into a storm! U can have a normal blue sky, hit a storm and once its passed it remains pastel green, until we log out then log back in, which doesnt always work! At first my friends and i thought it maybe a hdr glitch, as it happened mostly with us playing on 4k screens, but another friend with an OG xbox and a 1080p tv with no hdr started with the same problem! Are u guys at Rare aware of this bug?

• @puck269 if your implying that I lose and complain that couldn’t be farther from the truth, but it’s pretty obvious just watching a pc player they have an advantage, and defeating them requires a completely different defensive “be prepared for the pc advantage” type of tactics. This is a ridiculous and completely out of touch change if they don’t let us disable crossplay.

• @khaleesibot
    Thank you for the Patchnotes! 😊

• @blu3s-65 AGREE Thanks

• The damage of every bullet from tge Blunderbuss has been reduced or the max damage that someone can receive from it?

• @khaleesibot Hi there, thanks for the update but i must say i'm a little disappointed. I was aspecting this one to be the "private groups" patch especially because Rare stated that the system was ready for launch so i don't understand why is taking so long. I understand there are other bugs and fixes to take care but come on, private groups should have really been in the base game.

Just to be clear, i'm not a fun of the 1-4 crew on the sloop like Mr. Joe stated will be, that will be, in my opinion a very bad decision, but give us the chance to manage the sloot on the current ships, 1-2 for sloops and 1-4 for galleons. It's so frustrating to start 3 new games every evening because friensds log in at different times.

• @cr0n0d said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.3:

@khaleesibot Hi there, thanks for the update but i must say i'm a little disappointed. I was aspecting this one to be the "private groups" patch especially because Rare stated that the system was ready for launch so i don't understand why is taking so long. I understand there are other bugs and fixes to take care but come on, private groups should have really been in the base game.

This has always been hinted it'll be in the May-June LARGE update alongside the pets and whatever else

• @usingjet it's everyday INGAME...that means every 24 minutes

• @puck269
    I played in the beta on my PC using a KB+M, so don't know where the 'forced to use controller' is coming from!!
    In my opinion Forcing PC players to use controllers or giving players the choice of controller only servers is the only way to achieve proper balance in the game!
    I know the former will never happen, but the latter should be an option. Even then the pc players would still have a small advantage due to FPS, loading/respawn times etc, but that would be bearable & hardly noticeable!

• @bizder7 "This limited voyage stock is currently not explained during purchasing." - this is the issue, not the limited stock.

• @logansdadtoo I have no issue with the sensitivity. I've noticed a lot of people however are using some c****y dpi though. I use 2k dpi with 3.0 in game and works just fine.

• Looking forward to when you guys add fishing! :)

• @alfrythebestboy Probably not blocked. It is still playing catch up from before. They are trickling in slowly. Expect to see more over the next few times you play.

• Still waiting on the video addressing the Content concern.

• "We have corrected an issue with players receiving very little warning of a server shutdown. Players should now receive a minimum warning of 30 minutes for a server shut down."

This part is my favorite. I was on last night, saw the "server will shutdown in 30 minutes" and before it disappeared, I found myself at the SoT homescreen with an error saying I lost my Xbox Live connection. Except I was still in the party, still chatting, and only lost 17 chests, 9 skulls, and 4 spices.

Thanks Rare.

• Are blunderbuss still one hit kills?? Someone please tell me

• @cutlass-pain It's only Wednesday, calm down. Let them work.

• @usingjet said

I agree needs to be refreshed hourly

One game day is 24 minutes (maybe 15?). If there are two of you, that's still 6 mission to spam. It's fine.

• @khaleesibot "Multiple server and client crash fixes."

Does this include the AMD Graphics crash issues?

• Happy and sad about the new SA servers,
    Happy about the people with bad connection now can play with less ping, And sad that i play from Portugal with some friends from Brazil, we all played with the same ping on NA(i guess) servers with 130ms~160ms... now when we play all along they have 60ms and i have like 280ms there is a way so we all can play together on the NA server?

• @danieltfs said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.3:

"In response to reports of poor ping times in South America, we have now deployed Sea Of Thieves to a South American data centre."
    Thank you, much love from Brazil S2

That was the best patch notes ever!!! Very unexpected, cant wait to get home from work and test the game with 130 less ping!! Thanks alot, love from Brazil!!

• @captainblase Am totoly calm mate no sweet.
    Just asking...

• @zBREZNAKz Your post has been deleted as it contained text that circumvented the profanity filter on the Forum. Please consider this an official warning.

• @puck269 thank you. Someone explaining this well. For a game that is entirely skill base & every player has the same specs. A better skilled player will win 90% of the time regardless of their system.

• As an xbox player I have had trouble dealing with pc players that only have to click on my head to get a head shot rather then finese a joystick to try and get a head shot. I’m glad to see you fixed this by doing what you can to make pc players more accurate with their guns. I look forward to all my future deaths.

• Sounds good to me, great work Rare, keep up the hard work, Sea of Thieves is really great and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

• @khaleesibot

Why nerf the Blunderbuss??? That was quite uncalled for. Please do not try to pull off a Bungie and start nerfing popular weapons that was one of the things that killed off Destiny 1-2. Cause hell that and the pistol are the only weapons worth using its not like you can take the sniper rifle in CQC. Nerfing the Blunderbuss was a bad idea a really really bad idea. No wonder its taking a long time to kill the skeletons and yet they can kill you in two damn shots. This in all honesty kills the game for me. Unfortunately i can no longer ask for a refund.

Views
143 out of 379