[Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 2

• alt text

This topic is focused around Customisation in Sea of Thieves. We'd love to hear your experiences on customisation in the game. From the IPG to character to ship customisation. Discuss below!

Here's previous discussions on this topic:

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code
    As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate too.

Views
  • @khaleesibot Bottom line, we need WAY more customization options in this, a cosmetic only, game

• @papasohan said in [Mega Thread] - In Game Customisation - Part 2:

@khaleesibot Bottom line, we need WAY more customization options in this, a cosmetic only, game

Exactly

• This is very true, Id love to see different kinds of pirate clothing styles especially considering Pirating wasn't souly just designated in The Caribbean, There were pirates from all over the world, each with their own style and aesthetic. I would love if Sea of Thieves would experiment with this and other cosmetic items.

• Dyes,

Allow us to choose our styles and then cilour them to our choice.
    Have some of these coloured dyes locked to achievements or status eg a black dye is unlocked after surviving a kraken encounter.

Allow ships to be painted in the same manner.
    Also allow physical changes in appearance with ship upgrades, not just colours, different railings, masts Canon designs etc.

• @laughsmaniacaly NOW THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT YES PLEASE!!!

• @laughsmaniacaly said in [Mega Thread] - In Game Customisation - Part 2:

Dyes,

Allow us to choose our styles and then cilour them to our choice.
    Have some of these coloured dyes locked to achievements or status eg a black dye is unlocked after surviving a kraken encounter.

Keep these coming!

• Add customisation for literally every accessible feature on the ship, hell even down to the carpet in the captains room.

• I really think that some kind of progression system for fighting should be improved,
    I had an idea where if you hit, for example, level 25 order of souls you get a ammo bag of some kind so you get more ammo whilst you fight the skeletons on islands.

At level 25 Gold hoarders, you get a kind of Hot Cold system, which shows you when you get near an objective and when tou are looking in the right direction, because some of the higher level gold hoarders quests are a bit annoying with their descriptions.

At level 25 merchant alliance you have something like a dog whistle where the animals you look for come towards you, like a homing beacon.

Just a few ideas to improve, like if you agree and Rare might just see!

• i would love for there to be the most ragged bilge rat pirate doing haircuts which include color change and tattoos

• @il-blazze-li when you hit these levels you also get to customize colours of the items you buy, like gold hoarders shovel for example.

• •More clothing options.
    •More hair styles/beards.
    •Option for Two peglegs and hooks( lol)
    •Hair dying
    •Clothes dying
    •Axes and different styles of melee weapons
    • More unique items which aren't part of a whole set
    •Smoking pipes
    Think I'm going a bit off topic here...back to it.
    Ship section:
    •More ship skins
    •Options for different colours and symbols on sails(same with Hull)
    •Custom pirate flags or many options for the flag you want to fly
    •Cannon customisation
    •lantern customisation
    •ladder customisation
    •Helm customisation
    •capstan customisation
    •Floor board wood options
    •captains quarters customisation
    To save me from saying Customisation once again...and from people reading it.
    Just options to pick and choose for every part of the ship.
    Just add a whole lot more options in every section, they don't need to be unlocked with achievements in the game/levels in trading companies. Just generic items so people can be more creative and look different to one another. Most of the time the people I come across are rocking the same set.

• Fancier clothes, please. Including:

• powdered wigs (long and short)
    • cravats, the more flounce the better
    • long frock coats (3/4 length)
    • long waist coats
    • wide bandolier belts
    • powdered face with fancy beauty mark

In short, let me be a fop pirate! Please!

• When you are dressing your pirate using the Vanity & Clothing chests, you get to see what your pirate looks like with each item. Yet this doesn't apply to when browsing through items at a clothing merchant. I'd like to see what the items would look like on my pirate before I spend that much hard-earned gold. Otherwise I might suffer from buyer's remorse. On that note; what about a buy-back option but at a lesser price? Thanks.

• @laughsmaniacaly @Lukefurno @cloudedmonkey If you guys look at the clothing shops, look around outside, you will see pots that have different colors in them. Could be this is something that was already being worked on, but not fully implemented yet ;)

As for the IPG, I love it, but it would also be nice to use it, then have the chance to tweek features afterwards in the case its almost perfect for what you want, but you would rather have a chubbier face or something to that degree. Using the IPG as a base model generator with further customization i think would please a lot of people.

There definitely needs to be a lot more styles of clothing and ship customizations. My biggest thing with ship customizations in their current state is that most are just reskins for the higher tier. I'd rather have some unique ones that make me say, I want that. For instance a kraken skull as a figure head (for a good reference, there is one that is almost looking like a figurehead on krakens fall on the north west beach) I think would be amazing. I think there should be more things customizable for the ships as well, though there will probably be more that come in the Legendary Captain update which I can wait for. Some other things that could be customizable in my eyes are the wheel, lanterns (how sick would a boat be with OoS Lanterns?) you little flag at the top (those could even serve as guild flags if a guild system was ever introduced), many things in the captains quarters should be customizable. The desk, chair, the ship on display, the bed, the windows.

• @fullmetaljakee Yes, Yes, and mor YES!

• @pasha-entreri Great suggestions! I hope the dye situation is as you suggest. I've been drooling over those pots since before the games release..

• @cloudedmonkey As was I when I first spotted them months ago ;)

• @pasha-entreri @cloudedmonkey @FullmetalJakee @LaughsManiacaly Those Dyes over there........."Stares longingly at the pots of dye" Prettyyyyyy tempting

• I really want the delete pirate to only delete the appearance, not the progress. I spent 13 hours in the IPG and gave up and just picked one that was ok, but regret it now.
    I think the IPG needs 4 filters:
    Male/Female
    Skin Tone
    Hair Color(until we can change it in-game)

• I think we need more of everything. More hats, clothing options, jewelry, ship paints, sails, shoes, more hair options and variety of colors. All at reasonable price! I think we should also add the option to name our ship. I think we should also have the option to put a pirate flag on our ship. 😊

• Incredibly disappointed by the lack of cosmetics. Most games offer around 7-8 different outfit types at least and for a game that focuses pretty much only on cosmetics it makes no sense

• @underwrldqueen I would kill for some Jewelry for my pirate.......... in fact i just might

• @khaleesibot We NEED an option to change the character at least once in our playtime. Because there are a LOT of people that just choose a character without knowing, since it stated that you can change your style later on. Now we are stuck with a character with 40-40-40 skills that looks very ugly or not to our liking. (everyone is pretty btw)

PLEASE, add a one time character change, it can cost 200 000 ingame gold, i dont care.

• @underwrldqueen said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 2:

I think we need more of everything. More hats, clothing options, jewelry, ship paints, sails, shoes, more hair options and variety of colors. All at reasonable price! I think we should also add the option to name our ship. I think we should also have the option to put a pirate flag on our ship. 😊

Yes jewellery, I completely forgot! I'd love to be able to wear rings( even ontop my gloves) and have ear rings.

• @nanach I agree with you. I think they also need to add the option to change nose type, lips, eye shape, jaw ,height, arms, hair style, and yes color! etc... 😊💣

• @papasohan

Not only this, more standout stuff.

You've gotten some tiers of clothing, (scurvy bilge rat for example), but the difference is so small. I got the Scurvy bilge rat sword which is double the price of normal one, expecting it to glow red.

But its just feint red marks that you can barely see.

The cosmetics, especially the higher end stuff NEEDS to have more eyecandy. Stuff that makes people say "WOAH, I NEED THAT!". Enough to make them loot up to 100k worth of gold for example.

I also would like to see some customisation be tied to stuff in game, achievements maybe? I know there is currently 'get to level X with trading company Y', pirate legend stuff, and im sure there will be similar ideas for live campaigns. But being able to see someone and immediately recognise what theyve done is cool, it makes people want to get the set (especially if it looks good).

TL;DR Cooler, more appealing looking cosmetics. Higher end stuff that looks VERY standout. Possibly tie some to in-game accomplishments.

• As many have said, more customization options is a must. While not an amazing example, Team Fortress 2 has so many cosmetics that everyone and anyone basically has a unique character. I would love to see Sea of Thieves reach that level some day.

In terms of character customization, we could benefit from:

• Ability to change your pirate for a lot of gold, but lose no progress. I have no desire to do this, love my pirate, but know people who chose too quickly and ended up hating their pirate but don't want to restart the grind.
    • Hair color choices (I know you guys said this was on the way)
    • Tattoo options. I have wanted those knuckle Card Suit tattoo's since one of my characters had them in the beta, however I couldn't randomize endlessly and found a pirate I liked, unfortunately he did not have the tattoo's.
    • More hair choices. For instance: A shorter sea dog beard. Stubble almost.
    • So not specifically choice, but I would love to see a system in which after a certain amount of deaths, you gain a scar. Players can remove this scar if desired, but cannot add one. This would prevent everyone having the "coolest" scars, unless they "earned" them per say. I have been adding cosmetics for some of my coolest fights/deaths, like how I lost my leg to my first Kraken fight, or lost my eye to the biggest naval war I've had in the game. I'm running out of limbs to lose and would love some scars.
  • @capn-tonis omg I totally forgot about tattoos! Yes! Love me some ink on my pirate! 😎😊

• In your art book there are endless drawings of different outfits. Where are they? Why are we limited to four sets in a game that is solely based off customization? I've seen countless pirates that look exactly like me. We need more. Way more. I know we will get it, but when?

• This is so much fun! I love hearing all these great ideas!

Ok here are a few that you can add to these great lists.

1. Enchanted/cursed jewelry and relics that change your appearance
    2. Being able to display your pistol and sword, on your belt
    3. Damaged ship cosmetics. I want my ship to look like a floating wreck!
    4. Rare looted ship skins, not just colors and sail patterns
    5. An option to re-enter the character generator and change my character, with added filters to limit what is generated
    6. Makeup

I'll add more to my list, when I think of it!

• There needs to be some importance and meaning behind customizing your ship. It also needs to feel like YOUR ship, and it should represent you and your character/crew. I also believe this customization should persist between sessions if you're playing solo or with the same crew. Making the ship feel like it is part of you as a character, or as a group rather than just a meaningless object that plays no importance to you as a player or your crew.

Customization's should also be expanded on for your ship and character. Rare has played around with these ideas before, suggesting things like larger sails that increase your speed but lower your maneuverability. This would NOT be a form of vertical progression, as items like this are already in the game to some degree; example: the Blunderbuss is clearly better than the Eye of Reach at close quarters. Items have situational pros/cons already in the game, that idea simply needs to be expanded upon further to allow for more diversity and depth.

• @laughsmaniacaly adding furniture/decorations to the rooms of the ship would be nice also.

• @sharif-ali I imagine this would a hard thing to manage but I definitely see the potential here.

• @papasohan said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 2:

@khaleesibot Bottom line, we need WAY more customization options in this, a cosmetic only, game

This^ I'd like to see much MUCH more options for customization. More paint jobs for ships, more sail designs. I'd also like the ability to change hair color and perhaps tweak the face of my pirate a bit.

Views
8 out of 123