Game Not Launching

• As the title says the game will not launch on my pc. It stays on the splash screen for 5 minutes or so and just closes. I have tried everything on this link https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115015775927-Sea-of-Thieves-not-Launching

to no avail, windows is also up to date. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now. tried the insider hub reinstall, nothing. I spent 64 dollars on this and i cant even play, stuck between a rock and a hard place atm. If anyone can help that would be amazing

Views
  • @triitonvp I have the exact seem issue Triiton. Multiple uninstall and reinstalls, tried the powershell fix multiple times, everything on the page and same issue. The Alpha and Betas ran perfectly for me but this just isn't working. Put in a ticket as well, I'll let you know if I hear anything.

• I'm having same issue. Have tried since yesterday every fix i could find info on and nothing works.

• @bannedmantis478 said in Game Not Launching:

@triitonvp I have the exact seem issue Triiton. Multiple uninstall and reinstalls, tried the powershell fix multiple times, everything on the page and same issue. The Alpha and Betas ran perfectly for me but this just isn't working. Put in a ticket as well, I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Id appreciate it if you did and ill do the same if i find out anything

• This was their reply

"Ahoy there,

Unfortunately we are aware a small subset of players are still experiencing the crash on launch even after applying the fix below. A Windows Update is due to release in March with a fix for this issue. Please grab this Windows Update when it is available and if your issue persists please get back in touch.

Regards,
    Sea of Thieves – Player Support"

Kind of a b****r. I hope it's fixed before my game pass runs out.

• @bannedmantis478 well at least they replied to you. i still have two tickets open. they outta fox this s**t soon

• @bannedmantis478 To all watching this post there is an update for windows out right now. im not able to check to see if it is the fix as im going to work but i figured i should tell you guys

• @triitonvp Downloaded the new Windows update, restarted the computer, launched game, and still no dice. :(

Uninstalled an reinstalled an app and then tried the game again and still nothing. Sorry guys, looks like we're still waiting.

• @bannedmantis478 This sucks so much. One of the staff team responded to one of my tickets and told me that the region i bought the game in isnt a region i can play Sea of Thieves in. Idk how he came to this conclusion as I live and bought the game in the united states. i swear i havent even played yet and the incompetence from this team is making me want a refund. this better get fixed quick

• @triitonvp Yeah this isn't cool at all. At this rate my game pass trial will have expired before I'm able to try the full game. If this doesn't get fixed soon and you want a refund I bet Microsoft support could help.

Weird that my support email said that we have a known issue but yours was totally off the wall. I'm sure they're swamped with tickets right now but I hope this gets fixed soon.

• @bannedmantis478 I recieved a message back from the support team. here it is -

Ahoy there,

Sorry for that.
    We are aware of instant crash issue.
    There will be game update early this week that should fix your issue.

Regards,
    Alex

• @triitonvp Thanks for the update! I guess bad news is better than no news, still lame we lose all of launch week. So much for becoming pirate legend

• This is still happening to me. Tried all of the fixes and I'm up to date but no dice. Anyone find a fix yet?

• Mines still s*****d, 2 reinstalls, 1 windows update fix, Literally it flashes a grey screen, and then crashes!! wtaf

• @sector7gaming to every having this problem I was also I just changed my time and region settings and it started to work make sure that it's set to us region and automatically time setting is on and set the language to english see if it works it did for me

• @devildogsnook why are there so many nekromancers out there the last days?

Views
13 out of 16