two accounts on PC

• Hello. I apologize if this has been answered multiple times. My 4 year old and I have been eagerly awaiting the game. I have PC only and one preorder digital copy I bought through window store. Can I play the game with my son, each on a different pc with one purchased copy. I believe I would have to have a windows/gamer tag for my son or something as well. Would we be able to play concurrently one two different PC's in that case? Thanks...

Views
  • I don't think so. With one copy you can play on both Xbox and PC, but not 2 PCs.

You could sign the second account up for a free 14-day game pass trial, that'll get you started, though.

• @chess-zebra said in two accounts on PC:

Hello. I apologize if this has been answered multiple times. My 4 year old and I have been eagerly awaiting the game. I have PC only and one preorder digital copy I bought through window store. Can I play the game with my son, each on a different pc with one purchased copy. I believe I would have to have a windows/gamer tag for my son or something as well. Would we be able to play concurrently one two different PC's in that case? Thanks...

I know it is cross buy with xbox. So you could go get a used xbox for 125 at gamestop and set it as your main accounts "Home Xbox" then not only could he have a seperate account, but you and he could play together at the same time without purchasing a second copy.

Good Day.

• I think the only possible way to play together over a single game copy is to have it on xbox and pc via family account (or whatever it's called). Otherwise you need two copies.

There is also a possibility I am wrong here.

• @hrenli said in two accounts on PC:

I think the only possible way to play together over a single game copy is to have it on xbox and pc via family account (or whatever it's called). Otherwise you need two copies.

There is also a possibility I am wrong here.

Dont need a family account. You could actually do one PC and XBOX or 2 XBOXs per copy of the game using your own account. XBOX has a setting called "HOME XBOX" which allows you to deicate any XBOX as your home unit and anyone can play any of your digital games there regardless of what account they are signed into.

• @goblobsters thx for the responses. Was hoping I could fire it up on desktop and my surface pro and play together.

• @chess-zebra said in two accounts on PC:

@goblobsters thx for the responses. Was hoping I could fire it up on desktop and my surface pro and play together.

This game would cook a surface pro, even the topshelf one. It can run it, but cooling is going to bottleneck and crash the unit.

• You should be able to share Windows Store apps across your family, up to a limit of 5 devices, assuming you are both using different accounts, and they are set up as a family (I imagine it won't work if you use the same account on both, because then you'd be logged into the game twice):

• On the first device, logged in as you, open the Microsoft Store app, ensure you are signed in as you, and install Sea of Thieves.
    • On the second device, log on with your son's account, open the Microsoft Store app, and switch accounts - sign out as your son, and sign in as you.
    • Install Sea of Thieves.
    • You can then sign back in as your son in the Microsoft Store app if you wish.

You should then be able to run both copies of the game simultaneously (you can also install the game under his account on the first device as well, but obviously you can't both play on that).

Note that you won't both have access to the Black Dog pre-order bonus as that's tied to the purchasing account.

Views
4 out of 8