Welcome aboard Pirates! It's Launch Day!

• USA and remaining regions! Do get hyped too!
    But careful about not building up too much hype!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/b1o4elYH8Tqjm/giphy.gif

• https://media.giphy.com/media/C0NhnyKT89QdO/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZQTHPIwXmMMMw/giphy.gif

• 6 MORE HOURS

• So its midnight GMT and I can't seem to be able to load the game up on my PC. Can click the icon but the game doesn't load. Anyone else struggling or has everyone set sail?

• My friends and I are really looking forward to playing this game! Good luck to the devs. and players. :-)

• The game still has bugs from the alpha, can't get xp, gold or buy items right now.
    Have to restart the game to get xp and sometimes money, doesn't work really.
    And now the game deleted all my gold (about 3k) and I'm back to 0 without any voyages to buy because nothing server related works.
    This is hugely embarassing, no idiot will grind even more money after losing everything, just to lose it again, just because a fully released, non early access title can't have working servers.
    Now I know why the game is on gamepass, oyu can't refund a subscription service. Still glad I didn't buy this full price as it is unplayable due to no progression and even involuntary wipes.

• @manofsteeldrago said in Welcome aboard Pirates! It's Launch Day!:

So its midnight GMT and I can't seem to be able to load the game up on my PC. Can click the icon but the game doesn't load. Anyone else struggling or has everyone set sail?

i had that problem to, reinstalled game and that worked for me

• Nice. It's release but when will it be ready?

I'm just asking because I'm missing a lot of content, like the ability to get gold for doing the missions in the game.

• @khaleesibot so i've been playing sea of thieves since launch day when i made my character he was tanned, brown haired and had a stubble now when i get back on for the 2nd day i am whiter than snow have black hair and lost my g******n stubble W*F!!!!

• Game is great

• @khaleesibot I be having a whale of a time on this here galleon :)

• love the game but its a bit hollow after hours of play I would like to see a few things moving foward

maybe.....
    lessen' the requirements for legendary status, I'd say lvl 30 is the sweet spot

ADD a ton of cosmetic content since that is the driving force of the game right now. and LOWER THE PRICES! LOL

start thinking of guild perks that dont break the game but also give players something to work towards.....(example the order of souls you can get an enchanted map that lets you see approaching enemies and other pirates on the island)

think of adding some new enemies like sea/land monsters and a forth guild for Pirate contracts (rewards for pvp combat)

other than that I'm having fun its been a long time since a game put this type of joy in my heart

Swashbuckling (better sword play)

• @phlowdoc said in Welcome aboard Pirates! It's Launch Day!:

love the game but its a bit hollow after hours of play I would like to see a few things moving foward

maybe.....
    lessen' the requirements for legendary status, I'd say lvl 30 is the sweet spot

ADD a ton of cosmetic content since that is the driving force of the game right now. and LOWER THE PRICES! LOL

start thinking of guild perks that dont break the game but also give players something to work towards.....(example the order of souls you can get an enchanted map that lets you see approaching enemies and other pirates on the island)

think of adding some new enemies like sea/land monsters and a forth guild for Pirate contracts (rewards for pvp combat)

other than that I'm having fun its been a long time since a game put this type of joy in my heart

Swashbuckling (better sword play)

The game is great but more needs adding or this game will get boring quick.

• Hi there @Rare I would love the opportunity to talk to you about potential improvements to the game. Me and friends absolutely love the world you have created but the lack luster questing and empty progression could be easy to fix. I will bullet point some ideas I really think you should consider. If you would like to discuss other things please do listen and if the community don't agree then please shoot me down ! :D

1. The pvp aspect needs work - Ok so main issue is, dying has no significant penalty. Increase re-spawn time to at least 1 minute per death i would say 90 seconds would be ideal, and 3 minutes to re-spawn a new ship! ship aspect is very important as players just run at you with new ship once you have downed theirs, and when your trying to assault skull islands its too quick respawn. Another idea we thought of... REWARD the players for killing a ship regardless of loot on-board by leaving a crate where the ship was. Also for multiple ship kills in a row without losing your own, could leave progressively better chests?

2. Questing needs work / more PVE creatures to kill more random unusual missions to do maybe better interaction with the npcs? they seem void of anything after you have spoken to them once, I keep hearing that your adding to the game.. which i hope is the case but generally better more interesting variable quests with rewards other than aesthetics needed. I also think maybe some temporary upgrades on the ship nothing game breaking or overpowered just like upgrading the ship 1,2 or maybe 3 times per login for better performance or damage would be a nice thing to do.

3. A clan / or guild system would be really enjoyable, some kinda of internal chat areas for players to forge groups etc, not having to use forums. Also the option to invite players directly onto you ship once you are already sailing and on quests would be good.

4. Better rewards! i mean i can stomach the only reward mechanism being asthetics, but it would be nice to have some actual player progression as well. I mean you could have split servers where some players can play with no advantageous progression (i.e harder hitting weapons and cannons) and servers for those who don't want it. Would make grinding the quests feel like there was some purpose.

This post isn't in the right area and is not a rant I see so much potential with the game and love the world you have created we just feel with a few steps in another direction it could be so much more ! keep up the good work and hopefully some of what I am talking about makes sense. Peace from Hertz Gaming-!

Views
151 out of 154