Still Disconnecting and Losing ALL skulls and chests

• The game is still deciding that error codes for connections such as wired and wireless are appropriate for the incorrect connection type I am using. It then kicks me from the game, allows me to log back on immediately and causes me too lose several items I had just worked hard to get and I lose their voyages. This is extremely disappointing.

Views
  • I want to add my PC disconnect experience to this as well.
    I had been playing for about two hours and had done all but the LAST bounty of 3 bounty missions. I had all of the skulls neatly lined up in my captain's quarters, and was feeling that I was doing pretty well.
    As I reached down to pick the last skull, the bounty all but claimed, and WHAM, disconnect from server, no crash, no notice... Just dumped back to Windows desktop. I reconnect and everything... GONE. No notice, no chance to reconnect to a game instance already in use, just start over from scratch.

This really needs to change for solo players. With a crew, someone will normally stay connected if others disconnect. But even then, there's no way for those who disconnect to get back to their crews. So time/effort has been lost again.

Can we have a 5-10 minute reconnect timer which allows us to reconnect to the existing instance if disconnected from the game? I know that this can abused, but the sheer madness of losing an hour or two, or more, of gaming experience/loot/etc. can really put a damper on wanting to play.

Thanks to @Gorkain for bringing the topic up and to you all for reading.

• @strmhawk this needs to be addressed

• The first day I had no disconnects but a lag time of several hours between selling loot and getting gold. Since the first day I’ve been disconnecting regularly and if I’m not playing with friends (which is usually the case due to work schedules) who can invite me back I loose hours of progress. Until this issue is resolved I’m not playing anymore and recommending others to not buy or play the game.

• @gorkain Don't worry, the fanboys will be here soon to explain how losing all your progress is normal on day 3 of launch...

• A friend of mine had two crashes today, i've personally had no game crashes or disconnects.

I did try turning on game mode for SoT in the Xbox app and FPS got choppy so turned that off.

• was soloing earlier doing merchant quests. hadnt found my chickens yet, but I did find tea. lucky I traded it in when I did because I got “cyanbeard” right after turning it in.. it’s dumb that this is happening to folks☹️

• @strmhawk
    This was reported by multiple users (europe, and pc players)
    im getting a load of disconnects too.
    Disconnects are at random periods (doesn't matter if you are in a group or not)
    I think is server region related (as i manage to get on another server where i had 200ms latency and i got no disconnect) , yet every time i'm getting on a closer server (30-90ms latency) im getting the random disconnects.

• Not just affecting solo players. I was in a full galleon last night with my brother and friends. We had about an hour of loot on board and we're digging up literally our last chest before plotting for an outpost. An opposing galleon is headed right for us so two of us are prepping the ship for battle or a quick escape if needed and then the screen freezes and all 4 of us drop out of the game. Over an hour of work lost.

It took us at least half an hour to get into a working server after that. We kept joining a server where none of us had clothes on or any weapons to equip. Annoying.

• I just lost 9 chests after over an hour in Solo due to a disconnect. This has completely discouraged me from ever playing Solo again and this game for now until fixed. Very upsetting :(

• Another frustrating experience here.
    3 sessions in a row the game freezes up on me before I get to turn in any missions, or I lose connection briefly and all the work is lost. It is incredibly frustrating to have 100% of the effort lost, when there could be a basic reconnect functionality. About 3 hours completely wasted, and no desire right now to start it up again.

• I have some issues with my provider and everytime i get a disconnect all my progress is lost. Is there a fix planned for the future, that the progress stays saved?

• @strmhawk Yeah, my issue is for Xbox, but from what I've been reading the "Pastiebeard" issue seems to only affect solo players which forces me to join with a bunch of randoms who may not want to do what I was planning on doing till my friends are able to log.

• @novulu I too used the Game Pass as they delayed my pre-order, of which I still have not gotten the bonus from the Microsoft store order. But I feel like this has been the most disappointing launch I've ever experienced. I love the game and plan on sticking around, but only in the hopes of it imporving

• Still not fixed????

• As this thread was 4 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 3 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
11 out of 17