Where Are All The Ships Gone? *hiccup*

• So as a Person who playes since pre release
    I noticed something very strange, back me up if you have noticed it to...or perhaps its all the rum I have been having.

Before release you ran into other players often, it made the game more intense and for that more fun...now tho an hour or two goes by without me seeing another soul but that of my crew. I thought the servers were packed...so where is everyone?

I played pretty much at every odd and even hour of the day and its so hard to see another crew.

Anyone else from the Alphas and betas noticing this as well?

Views
  • Map is bigger now with still only 6 ships per map. They're there, just far far away.

• it is not bigger

• @joda1123 it is though

• @cptncuttlefish
    How is it bigger... it's the same map as the Alpha and beta.....

Have you got scraps of proof the map is bigger ? Or is it just you taking a guess ?

• The 3 biomes are the same size as they were in beta and the scale tests. I’ve streamed this game for 37 hours total since midnight launch and have seen maybe 10 ships total across 30 game instances.
    As I say often, the game is super casual, 80% sailing, 15% pve, 5% pvp. I have no clue how players are complaining about griefing, outpost camping, or being chased. Its a ghost town most the time.

• @blessed-karma if I take a 3x3 square and make it a 5x5 square so I can add things inside, it got bigger. Just because it says a-z 1-26 doesn't mean the square are the same size. There are clearly more islands on the map than before yet hAve the same spacing.

• @cptncuttlefish not really

• @joda1123 yes really

• Well on any case, this sucks... They should either make the map smaller again or up the number of ships per server. 90% of the fun is other players.

We barely need a lookout these days, there is no sense of urgency or suspense anymore

Views
8 out of 10