Instant access to sea of thieves

Views
  • Hey @LastOreoAndMilk

No? .. please xD
    We talked about that yday with a friend of mine, I was the one telling him vpn's would not work either ^^, I guess he was right.

Oh Well,

• It has worked I am playing just now

• Hmmm, a bit sad. Totally envious^^

• Doesn't changing regions come with its own weird account issues later down the line? Especially if you're not actually in said region?

• maybe..on the Xbox...PC doesnt work.

Microsoft store put to NZ
    PC put to NZ
    (not tried with a VPN)

Doesnt work.

• I knew it would work but the one month game pass trial I got with my X is no good because it’s only for new customers. Seeing as I had game pass when it launched I’m out of luck. :( oh well.

• @kustho,

Wouldn't surprised if the vpn doesn't do anything. ;(

• @ant-heuser-kush said in Instant access to sea of thieves:

@tre-oni said in Instant access to sea of thieves:

Doesn't changing regions come with its own weird account issues later down the line? Especially if you're not actually in said region?

No. Changing your region doesn't really do anything. You can't pre-order a game, and then all of a sudden change your region and it works. You actually have to buy a game from the store in that region with their currency... For some reason, Gamepass can bypass that.

All changing your region does is change the locale, time, and language. I've done it multiple times. It just makes it easier to buy games from Japan or any place games aren't sold in your area.

Doesn't jank up any codes under your account or anything then eh?

I know anytime I sell gold or xbox money cards to anyone with their system in the wrong region it tells them no, but that's just for trying to input the card.

• I can see only 1 reason, logical reason why this timezone release is being done.

They hope on people to log out, go to sleep and make room on the servers for the next time zone to log in an hour later.

If people dont log out, sonner or later there will be login issues due to servers being crowded. And if...just by chance...that is right, dude...

• everyone log on now....just to screw with server load....there is a reason it is staggered, just wait!

• The Kraken is live down under!!

'l....-o-....l'

• @triheadedmonkey sagte in Instant access to sea of thieves:

everyone log on now....just to screw with server load....there is a reason it is staggered, just wait!

Login server is not game server. I'm pretty sure the game server is open and running since 2,5 hours. Its the login servers that are accessed via the xboxapp that is doing the bottleneck.

• @kustho regardless of which server, if Rare/Microsoft are planning for NZ/Australia to be playing right now and instead everyone globally decides patience is overrated and joins in, it will likely just cause problems somewhere along the line.

• I would remind everyone thinking of trying this to not do so as it violates the Microsoft ToS as well as the Rare Pirate Code. Specifically, MSToS Section 3 subsection vi. "Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services." and the posting of this violates subsection x. "Don’t help others break these rules." The rule in the Code being broken is Number 7. "Those Who Cheat Shall Be Punished." Seeing as this is "cheating" to get an early start, it could be assumed you are risking a ban or other punishment from Rare either from SoT or from Xbox Live in general, if Microsoft/Rare want to take it that far. I suggest everyone calm down, stock up on bananas and grog, and wait for their times. See you on the seas! :D

• I've lived in nz and oz for 7 years, does that count ?

YAAAAaaaaarrrr...

• @whenkoalasattak Something OP should add to their opening lol.

I don't get my (physical) copy until tomorrow but my plan was to get it pre-installed through the 14d gamepass, and then be good to go as soon as I got home tomorrow, but I'll just cancel the install and wait. Don't feel like leaving much up to chance.

• @triheadedmonkey sagte in Instant access to sea of thieves:

@kustho regardless of which server, if Rare/Microsoft are planning for NZ/Australia to be playing right now and instead everyone globally decides patience is overrated and joins in, it will likely just cause problems somewhere along the line.

uhhhh....and? Basically: its no one business where I am, on earth or mars, as long as I paid full price for the access to the product. So if you like how things are, nice for you...but leme try my stuff and fiddle here and there. Thats the awesome thing about the PC...imho.

Live...and let live ;)

• @whenkoalasattak sagte in Instant access to sea of thieves:

I would remind everyone thinking of trying this to not do so as it violates the Microsoft ToS as well as the Rare Pirate Code. The rule in the Code being broken is Number 7. "Those Who Cheat Shall Be Punished."

Thats smal thinking imho...and...you and I...have a different understanding of the word "cheat". Changing user settings in the MS store or on my own PC...its not even of your business ;)

• @deckhands

Anyone able to confirm the legitimacy, or the potential for bans?

• @kustho Please elaborate. Is this not cheating? It is a clear violation of the ToS, either way. I think to cheat means to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage. By playing early from spoofing your location, I'd call that cheating. ;)

• Within 24 hours we will all be playing anyways :D

• @lizalaroo Exactly!

Time to relax and get those sea legs ship shape... swab the decks and get that pirate beard trimmed (for the beard inclined anyway)!

• @musicmee Need to get blood flowing to the legs for the long time sitting spent sailing on the waves! :D

• You could also just be patient lol

• @tre-oni said in Instant access to sea of thieves:

@deckhands

Going against the Xbox ToS is something that no one advises, but from personal experiences my friends have had in the past, a ban from a game is the least of your concerns when breaking the Xbox ToS and CoC.

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in Instant access to sea of thieves:

@deckhands

Going against the Xbox ToS is something that no one advises, but from personal experiences my friends have had in the past, a ban from a game is the least of your concerns when breaking the Xbox ToS and CoC.

I meant through Rare or Xbox regarding account, but I see exactly what you mean ;)

• @tre-oni said in Instant access to sea of thieves:

@deckhands

Band for what lol

• @ooo-ballzy-ooo said in Instant access to sea of thieves:

@deckhands

Band for what lol

Obviously if its stipulated in Microsoft's ToS, then it's actionable.

The only question I had was if they cared enough, and to what extent of action really.

• Hopefully they'll take action against spoofing when it breaks the rules, i dont mind if its something smalls a 3 day or even 2 day as long as people learn.

• @kustho dijo en Instant access to sea of thieves:

I can see only 1 reason, logical reason why this timezone release is being done.

They hope on people to log out, go to sleep and make room on the servers for the next time zone to log in an hour later.

If people dont log out, sonner or later there will be login issues due to servers being crowded. And if...just by chance...that is right, dude...

Exactly what I thought. We might wanna go with rare here and accept our bad luck in time zones... Don't wanna break the servers on day one. 🤔

• Hi all! I've locked this thread. While we're very excited that you're eager to get on the waves and start your pirate adventure, the Microsoft Services Agreement which is part of our moderation guidelines, is very clear on this issue:

Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.

Further discussion on how to enable this or how to ensure this happens will be removed. Thank you all for your excitement and passion for Sea of Thieves!

See you on the seas soon pirates!

Views
14 out of 34