Exclusive pet for Sea of Thieves Founders

• After play-testing the game for at least a year, I am so damn excited that this game is coming out next week! That being said, I want to show these noobs who's boss! So please, give all Founders/Alpha/Beta play-testers an exclusive pet or clothing item or ship decoration that makes us stand out from the rest, and assert our dominance. Nobody would mess with a scissor-tailed flycatcher!

Views
  • They’ve definitely said you’re getting something.

Personally I think a unique sail would be more thematic as the alpha and beta guys have helped get the game moving. Or something.

• #keen for this

• @greatdanes35 NO that's a bit much we should only get a tag that says we're founders.

• @greatdanes35 personally I’m not a fan of founder exclusive items. Some people I know, me included, couldn’t sign up for the insiders program due to restrictions. I just feel it’s a bit unfair to those who have stayed around just as long but aren’t getting anything. Maybe forum based rewards(like how long ago you’ve joined the forums)

• It’s probably better to think of it as something cool for people who helped out rather than excluding people who didn’t.

This game is going to be drowning in cosmetics. I suspect cooler stuff will be available.

• @dark-shadow9056 don't worry there is quite a few people saying they aren't getting the game anymore who are founders, if RARE gives it away in the form of some sort of keycode you'll probably be seeing people giving them away for free or doing the stream giveaways ... UNLESS its attached to the account that is signing in.

• @chosen-predator said in Exclusive pet for Sea of Thieves Founders:

@dark-shadow9056 don't worry there is quite a few people saying they aren't getting the game anymore who are founders, if RARE gives it away in the form of some sort of keycode you'll probably be seeing people giving them away for free or doing the stream giveaways ... UNLESS its attached to the account that is signing in.

Hopefully! :D

I’m pretty sure the ferry outfit that came with the controller was a code, so there’s hope.

• You're calling them noobs, but you seemed to have missed the confirmed information we've already revieved telling us we were getting something.

Even non-founders already knew this.

Ironic ;P

• LOVE the pet idea. That to me is super special. I’ll probably end up replacing other cosmetic items but if I had a mini-kraken on my shoulder that would be amazing!!!

• I was maybe thinking some exclusive sails for Founders, Pioneers and Insiders alike, if not a pet. In the end, it is very visible from afar, makes people not want to mess with you, or less likely at least.

Sadly enough for me, I didn't discover SoT soon enough and thusly I'm a mere Insider so I personally would appreciate if this badge remained exclusive to those, who signed for the Insider Program before the game's release.
    A little exclusivity for anyone who participated before the release is much welcomed. :D

• An item is confirmed but I doubt its a pet, one because they wont be available at launch and 2 theres a whole bunch of founders getting a reward and we know pets are going to be a highly sort after MT.

Realistically itll probably be a sail or a fancy clothing item, the team said it was really cool and we should hopefully see it on Monday.

• It won't be a pet. Pets don't get released until the first update, 3 months after launch. The Founder's reward will be shown pre-launch. It may be sails or some sort of clothing/gear item.

• It's almost as if founders are supposed to be the one's who supported the game for a long time but still don't pay attention to what's going on.

• Hoping for a jet-pack, black covered in green jewels to match the preorder set. Or a magic wand that can turn enemy pirates into chickens and pigs that I can sell to the merchant's alliance. Seriously, a title will be fine, or nothing at all. Just happy to be here.

• Getting tired of the very misleading Headines.. Write suggestion or request.

• @greatdanes35 I vote Arrrr! Give us a coconut pet, we can shoot it out the cannons, it rolls around behind us, it gnaws at enemies toesies, I can drinks grog with it!

• @jeaf7 said in Exclusive pet for Sea of Thieves Founders:

Getting tired of the very misleading Headines.. Write suggestion or request.

...Yet here you are...clicking the misleading headlines LOL

• My guess would be the model ship you see on the voyage table in the everything you need to know video

• I just hope it’s not anything too awesome, as I am a mere insider.

• @greatdanes35
    Have you noticed that their were a rubric of titles in the cosmetic box?
    My suggestion is you get a founder title.

• Sounds good to me

• @greatdanes35
    Doesn’t matter what you get. We’ll be hunting you down and sinking you regardless!

My crew and I will look forward to sending many ships to rest on the bottom of the sea!

• @greatdanes35 They will and something for sure!

• @ollieoxenfree said in Exclusive pet for Sea of Thieves Founders:

LOVE the pet idea. That to me is super special. I’ll probably end up replacing other cosmetic items but if I had a mini-kraken on my shoulder that would be amazing!!!

That's just a squid...

• I hope y’all get a sail emblem. Would be kind of cool to be able to spot you :p

• Black Dog Eye of Reach would be nice. ;)

• @sucker-mc said in Exclusive pet for Sea of Thieves Founders:

Black Dog Eye of Reach would be nice. ;)

Absolutely not

• @zalavaaris @Sucker-MC Ooh, I'm conflicted. I'm all for founders having exclusives because of how they have helped steer the game.

But with the whole Ebon Flintlock fiasco, that's like poking an open wound. Maybe some other item? Lol :)

• Black Dog World’s Smallest Violin?

• It shouldn't be too cool to be honest. A tag or something is enough. It would be unfair for people who didn't play the alpha.

• I would recommend this dog. Kato to be the founders pet personally.

• I can't believe all the people saying "It would be unfair for the non founders".

So what?
    It's also unfair, that people who can afford to buy a controller and Harddisk they dont even really need get cosmetics.
    Some of us even need to get the xbox game pass for 10€ or might only buy the game later when the price goes down! And we are missing out on a whole freaking black outfit set!
    Do we know if anything ever comes close to it?
    No idea!
    I'd say, that is even more unfair, than to give people that helped with feedback an item, isn't it?

• “I volunteer for the job! Belly rubs and treats required.”

• It should have been a title and nothing more, you had the privilige of testing the game, voluntarily. Having fun and knowing what you're in for.

They should have upgraded all their testers to reward status, in the end, we've all been contributive with data and some of us will even stick around and pay for the product, and play it.

Views
19 out of 42