I’m so happy to be a part of this...

• Rare Team,

So I have been searching the forums but couldn’t find anywhere I can post this without it seeming out of place... all I will say is that Rare... you have spoiled me.

I have been following this game since a friend of mine mentioned the name “Sea of Thieves” one day and I decided to take a closer look. I was instantly hooked. Ever since the really early footage I saw back in the middle of last year I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of any news or updates on how the game was taking shape. It took me a little while to find out I could be a part of the testing and as soon as I could I signed up to the insider program! It took a few months for me to finally get my chance to get in on the action but it was totally worth the wait.

After taking part in the Alpha, Betas and Scale tests I just want to say thank you (not just from me but from all my old friends and new friends I have made already) for making such an amazing experience and creating an excitement in me I never thought I’d feel for a video game! I managed to clock up over the period of the testings over 3 days playing time and I can quite easily say I was never bored once!

I’ve never posted anything like this before on any forums or anything and I hope the developers and the whole team can read this and know that you guys have done a fantastic job with listening to your community and doing right by us from the get go! So once again I’ll take this opportunity to say thank you for making a game that I’ve been able to connect with not only myself but also with my friends!

Kindest regards,

Capt’n Lazy.

Views
  • @thelazydictator One thing about ye me lad. It sure wasn't lazy of ye to share this with us.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2K6rCzwNY2EngA/giphy.gif

• totally feel the same! So excited to be a part of it all from the Alpha, release and whatever the future brings.

• I was lucky to get in for the alpha, but I never had time to play during it so I didnt get the Founder title -_-

• Feeling the same. I just heard about the game like 2 months ago, and thank god for that cuz I'm so excited it's hard to wait for it to launch, imagine if i was waiting for years ahahah
    But being part of this community and reading other people ideas and sharing my own gave me a sense of happiness i rarely experienced before, and never for a game.
    Also met some great people while playing the betas and scale tests, and has helped me a lot with the bit of social anxiety I have/had :)

• @ironuzuka thank you, I look forward to seeing you on the high seas 👍

• @tedimshy well I’m glad you have heard of the game and clearly enjoying it as much as I am! Maybe we can sail together one day my friend!

• @jajaalex that’s unlucky! Doesn’t mean you’re any less of a sailer matey!

• @thelazydictator Well it does, Im gonna miss out on the Founder exclusive content thats gonna drop -_-

• @jajaalex if it’s anything ship related, sail with me and you’ll have no problem pulling off the look ;)

• @knifelife I’m curious, what the third symbol next to your name? Curiosity killed the parrot you know ;)

• @thelazydictator Thats the Pioneer badge mate, Pioneers are a group of testers which test different unpolished or work in progress features for Rare.

• Yup, I should thank Rare more than anything because i managed to be apart of the Pioneer program myself... and dear lord has it been a blast!

• @knifelife wow that’s something I’d love to do! My hope is that one of the developers can see my original post just to show my appreciation!

• @thelazydictator

Ahoy matey
    Welcome to SoT
    If you be looking for a crew consider sailing with us. We are a friendly and adventurous grp looking to sail the high seas. Please come on by and check us out.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/36671/clanaod-net-angels-of-death-recruiting-18-pc-xbox

• Hmm, yes...

• @thelazydictator Believe it or not, its more unlikely they wont see it. They are always in the shadows watching! Lol not even joking!

• I love this post, it reflects how I feel about the game. Tuesday should hurry up!

• @knifelife well my fingers are crossed they do! Plus I’m waiting to hear what all us founders get exclusively!

• @pl-cosmos yeah tell me about it I’m dying to get my teeth sunk in to this game! I’m glad you feel the same though about this topic as I do! Just wanted to show my appreciation!

• I concur.

I'm always happy when there's a co-op game that consists of more depth than a group of people shooting at a shared target. Don't get me wrong, I play and enjoy those games as well. But this is a refreshing change of pace. It's beautiful to have a group of people coming together to all contribute to the greater whole of controlling a ship.

• Same here guys. Glad to be part of all this.

Views
5 out of 23