Bounty/Leaderboards idea

• I'm sure a lot of people have posted their ideas on this, but here's mine:

a abounty/leaderboard system. The more players you kill and gold you have, the higher up the leaderboard you go. The higher up the leaderboard you are, the bigger your bounty is. If another player kills you and you have a significant bounty, you drop a token (like how skeleton captains drop a magic skull for the order of souls quests) that you can turn in to an npc at an outpost for a reward. Each time your token is turned in, your bounty and leaderboard postion go down a bit. That way, people can't just constantly hunt after the same player and milk them for gold. Eventually it would become more beneficial to hunt someone else.

The bounty flyers/noticeboard would be in the tavern on Outposts. You could select a bounty flyer, take it back to your ship and vote on it like a voyage. By doing so, it would mark on the map the last place they were seen (aka the last place they killed someone or received gold for a completed voyage). This would not update though. It would only mark that location. Whether they were still there or had moved on would be undetermined. The marker would simply be to show you the best place to start your hunt. Wanted posters would only be up for grabs if that player is online. If they leave the game before you can aquire their token, then that bounty quest becomes unavailable/voided, even if you're already hunting them. For this reason, grabbing a bounty flyer costs nothing so as to keep players from wasting gold on a quest they may not be able to finish. However, if you already have their token, whether or not they're online does not affect your ability to turn it in.

Share your thoughts and ways this could be improved

Views
  • Oh man, for pvp this idea is awesome!

• @lawdarkerr thanks. If you really like it, be sure to copy and post it! I want as many people to see this as possible, get the Game Dev's attention.

• @lawdarkerr nevermind, don't do that

Views
1 out of 4