Closed Beta Install Instructions

• i cant find my code :c

• @monomuffin40 Did you read the full instructions? As a founder you do not need a code.

• @sir-kringle you don't need a code for the digital version, you automatically get it (mentioned by emma in last "
    Tavern talk"

• @logansdadtoo yhea finally they fixed it :) looking forward to be out on the seas whit the great weather feature they have :D hope we run into each other :P

@AfricanPhil Try log out and then login on insder hub it should work or even try reinstall it:) i don't know if it has something to do with that i reported a bug to support that got me to download it :) i could be that (Y)

• @chalkyhotdog Thanks... must've overlooked it.

• I been an insider for over a year an didnt get a code hmm

• @khaleesibot Saying it's not currently available..

• I get tons of emails from Sea of Thieves saying I got invited to CB and go and play but I just never get the code ...

• Can i try Sea of Thieves in closed beta if i didn t buy game? I singed up for closed beta about 4 months ago

• Mine is downloaded but says "Needs repair", but it sort of seems like it's slowly doing something!

• Simply search for the Sea of Thieves in the store, hit pre-order now, then hit cancel.
    Then go back to the Sea of Thieves in the xbox insider hub and it allows you to install the game instead of displaying the "not available" message

Installing now. Hope the above makes sense?!

Guessing this only works on individuals that were invited to closed beta, but haven't played SOT before

• So the game is showing up in my library and apparently it updated earlier today, however, when I click on play it very briefly opens a splash screen and then closes. However, when my friend clicks on play, the game launches but he gets the "beard" message and has to close it. Is there a problem with my install, or are others suffering similarly?

• Thank you for the instructions @khaleesibot I played alpha on Xbox but ready to see how it runs on my PC. Yo-Ho-Ho and a barrel of grog.

• when game started?

• @dami130
    [Q]: When will the Closed Beta be running?

[A]: The Closed Beta will open at 12pm GMT on Wednesday 24th January and will run until 8am GMT on Monday 29th January. For those in other time zones, this works out as:

· Eastern Standard Time (EST):
    7am on Wednesday 24th January to 3am on Monday 29th January

· Central Standard Time (CST):
    6am on Wednesday 24th January to 2am on Monday 29th January

· Pacific Standard Time (PST):
    4am on Wednesday 24th January to 12am on Monday 29th January

· Central European Time (CET):
    1pm on Wednesday 24th January to 9am on Monday 29th January

• nope nope nothing

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi

I am in the insider program for a year, I am a founder and I never received infos or a code to install the game.
    I have never been able to test this wonderful game I wait for a year.

I told that 2 times to the support but no answer yet. :/

• I got invited and I keep checking the store since but nothing : "not available"

• @murphylight Ssince you are a Founder member you use the same process that you did before:

• Install the Xbox Insider Hub from the Xbox or Windows Store
    • Open the Insider Hub App and got to Insider Content
    • Click the link to visit the game in the Store
    • Download

If you already have the client from the previous alphas sit tight and it will update to the beta version soon.

• So, I finished installing the beta on my PC an hour or so ago, have been perusing the forums not really paying much attention...and my Xbox dings...weird...oh it auto updated my Xbox version for me from alpha to beta, how nice of them.

• None of those instructions worked for me on Xbox or PC. I had to do a search for "sea of thieves" to find the closed beta. I also see no code for redeeming the black dog gear.

• When i try to start the game, nothing happens, game does not launch. Same for u ? >>

• so how about this been a pioneer since the gamescon alpha. I was able to play like 3hrs ago. Now when I log back in it says I don't have access...

• Please can someone help me?
    I didn't take part to the Alpha, I just preordered the game and I've got the pre order confirmation, but no invites to the closed beta or codes to be redeemed. The only thing I can do is download the game, once downloaded it launches and it says that it is too early.
    Any suggestion?

• @khaleesibot Thank you for this helpful info

• For everyone who pre-ordered from a third-party retailer and does not have their Black Dog Pack code, please contact your retailer!

• @smitaun Wait it out is what I will do.

• @smitaun The session has not started:
    "The Closed Beta will open at 12pm GMT on Wednesday 24th January and will run until 8am GMT on Monday 29th "

• When i try to start the game, nothing happens, game does not launch. Same for u ? >>

Someone can just answer me ? If you start your game does it launch it or not ?

• @chau7 Try restarting the pc.

• @africanphil hey coucou , oui ca marche , dans hub xbox insider , dans contenue le jeux est apparu ce matin :)

• If the game is going to grey screen and not launching uninstall Xbox Insider Hub and then reinstall it. It will fix your issue.

• @khaleesibot I can only download the Pc technical alpha but not the Closed Beta for PC. If I go to Closed beta it tells me, it is only for Xbox.
    pls Help

• @swarthybook67 Although it says Alpha version, it is actually the beta version.

• @el-espectro-0 ah ok that is a tad bit confusing :). So it does just change like with an update or something?

Thx for the help

Views
278 out of 299