Closed Beta Install Instructions

• Ahoy there Pirates, Closed Beta is soon upon us! Now with Play Anywhere enabled, the choice is yours to decide which platform you want to play on, Xbox One or Windows 10 PC!

To help you begin your adventures here are some handy installation instructions. Pre-order or Founder, Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, all the instructions are there with handy screenshots. Horray!

If you are trying to find the Windows 10 PC version and cannot, click this link to take you to the store, you should be able to pre-load the game from there.

As always, make sure you're signed in to the gamertag that you were either invited in (if you're a Founder) or pre-ordered with.

See you on the seas pirates!

Views
  • @khaleesibot I have a feeling this link will be posted a lot in the coming hours haha! Thanks for this, Khaleesi! :D

• no Sea of Thieves Closed Beta! i'm founder and i have preorder too. i have just Sea of Thieves or sea of thieves technical alpha (with update right now)

• Eeek! Its so close i can taste the salt in the air! My ship will be delayed a couple of days but thays just to give yall a headstart! I will be coming for ya :D

• @davin-kenway Did you try my way in your other post?

• Booty for days

• @whenkoalasattak yes dude. but in my xbox hub i have only Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha...not Closed Beta. But i have and update for SoT technical alpha...maybe will be closed beta after update?

• @davin-kenway
    Yes m8, do the technical alpha update & it'll update to the beta automatically ;)

• @logansdadtoo ok, ty! ahahah i have 3 SoT in my library (my game) and one SoT black dog pack in my library (app)... but noone told "closed beta". i was a liiiittle confused ahahah

• @khaleesibot
    The link you have put in the instructions doesn't work!!
    This one - https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9P54WFHG498G
    but if you click it in the instructions, you get a 'sorry the requested page could not be found' message!

• @logansdadtoo said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

@khaleesibot
    The link you have put in the instructions doesn't work!!
    This one - https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9P54WFHG498G
    but if you click it in the instructions, you get a 'sorry the requested page could not be found' message!

Hmm, it's working for me. I'll post the direct link just in case it doesn't work for someone else too. Thanks for the catch!

• @khaleesibot
    Strange, it works in my reply, but if i click the link in the instructions it doesn't???
    I did mean the link in the installation instructions here - https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000081387-Closed-Beta-Install-Instructions-PC-Xbox-and-Pre-Order-

• SO ... After 10 posts ....

Is there a french problem ? cause i cant download by any way , im really tired ... on the windows store i got this message : game is not avaible yet .....

and on hub xbox insider , in content i dont have the game -_- , why send me mail of invitation since alpha to this beta and dont let me download ....

really i need help and please , im certainly not alone , so why dont you link a (Mod Edited) .exe to download this game for god sick

• @caillot-laurent
    Edit you post m8, this is a family friendly forum & swearing isn't part of it!!

• @caillot-laurent said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

really i need help and please , im certainly not alone , so why dont you link a *.exe to download this game for god sick

Simply because they don't have a launcher or an installer to link. This goes through the webstore that installs it for you. Apparently those times are long gone when you could double click an installer...:) everything comes with a launcher now at least. Or some connected general platform (Steam, GoG, UPlay, Origin, Microsoft Store...).

• @caillot-laurent if you’re having issues please contact support via the support page for assistance.

• @logansdadtoo said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

@khaleesibot
    Strange, it works in my reply, but if i click the link in the instructions it doesn't???
    I did mean the link in the installation instructions here - https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000081387-Closed-Beta-Install-Instructions-PC-Xbox-and-Pre-Order-

The link does not work for me either:
    1.- Right button - copy link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9P54WFHG498G
    2.- If I delete "%20%20" the link works:

Edit: It seems that "9P54WFHG498G%20%20" disappears when posting -_-

• @El-Espectro-0
    Cheers for confirming m8! I thought my pc was chucking a hissy fit again :)

• Thanks @khaleesibot! When I get home from work this evening I'll start getting my game updated and my wife's beta installed on my PC. Can't wait to play again! :) If you'd ever like to play with a couple of silly Americans just let us know! yarrrrrr

• @logansdadtoo Works for me. :) The short link did not.

• Does no one else see that @Caillot-Laurent has the Deckhand banner?

• @psych0-knightro
    Coz it was mod edited m8

• @psych0-knightro said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

Does no one else see that @Caillot-Laurent has the Deckhand banner?

Seems like one of the deckhands misplaced theirs when posting ..;P

• @khaleesibot the download doesn't start it just says Downloading but there is no speed at all. it's just stuck at 3.3 mb. Later edit : Game downloaded just fine ^_^.

• @davin-kenway said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

no Sea of Thieves Closed Beta! i'm founder and i have preorder too. i have just Sea of Thieves or sea of thieves technical alpha (with update right now)

Take a look at the FAQ's they gave - got me first time too...
    https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000081387-Closed-Beta-Install-Instructions-PC-Xbox-and-Pre-Order-
    PC Founder installation

There are three stages from start to finish: Install the Insider Hub, find Sea of Thieves in the Hub and finally install the game from the Hub and Store. Follow the steps below:

Press the Start key and open the Store
    Search for and install the Xbox Insider Hub
    Launch the Hub and you'll find Sea of Thieves waiting for you
    Click the icon which will take you through to the Store page
    Click install and the download will begin.

• yes lol now i have :)

• @kgmshylian i think all works so good :D , then i still cant download the game ... and no one (support) or (admin on forum) can help , so ...

• Hi,
    im part of the insider program but i dont know where i can download the closed beta.
    The Technical Alpha isnt installed on my computer and i cant download it on the Microsoft store.

What can i do ?

• @therealnastii Here you can find the install instructions :)

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000081387-Closed-Beta-Install-Instructions-PC-Xbox-and-Pre-Order-

• its look like im not alone ... lot of people have "Coming soon" on the button download ... someone else have this problem ? any issue ?

• @khaleesibot said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

Ahoy there Pirates, Closed Beta is soon upon us! Now with Play Anywhere enabled, the choice is yours to decide which platform you want to play on, Xbox One or Windows 10 PC!

To help you begin your adventures here are some handy installation instructions. Pre-order or Founder, Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, all the instructions are there with handy screenshots. Horray!

If you are trying to find the Windows 10 PC version and cannot, click this link to take you to the store, you should be able to pre-load the game from there.

As always, make sure you're signed in to the gamertag that you were either invited in (if you're a Founder) or pre-ordered with.

See you on the seas pirates!

Will we also get patch notes soonish? :-)

• hey i have exactly the same problem as @Caillot-Laurent
    when i click on the link to store i come to microsoft store and it's says "not available yet"
    can't find it in Insider hub only got 1 game there and it's minecraft.
    so how do we solve this problem? couse it's seems no one know how to fix it ? (i have tried everything on the help link)
    mabye there are a redeem code u can give out? becouse when i search on microsoft store for Sea of Thieves i can find it and pre oder or even write a redeem code? For me it seems like the easiest way to solve this problem if know one knows why it we can't se it on the insiderhub? or why the conetent is "not available yet" ?

• @davin-kenway Same

• @impish436 Does this link help at all?

Closed beta store link

• @psych0-knightro said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

Does no one else see that @Caillot-Laurent has the Deckhand banner?

That was my bad! Sorry!

Views
4 out of 299