Xbox Game Pass Expands to Include New Releases from Microsoft Studios including Sea of Thieves

• Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/23/xbox-game-pass-expands/#oUmDDipQsdHEtAvA.99

Views
  • @khaleesibot Oh wow! Thas a nice easy way for those landlubbers that haven't preordered to get access to the game!

(Plus some Banjo Kazooie love I see)

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/371699609958875136/405362885523669002/image.jpg

• @khaleesibot Nice! Now people who are hesitant about pre-ordering have a little more leeway. :D

• @khaleesibot

This is big time news for Xbox owners who were on the fence about SoT but have already bought into Game Pass! Great way to add exposure/increase curiosity and a future players base!

For individuals who might have questioned the value of Game Pass before, this is definitely a huge postitive addition to the program.

~ Captain Jay
    The Crow's Nest

• This is a huge benefit for gamers. For $60 for 6 months, you can get first party titles like Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, and State of Decay, and other future titles - where is the negative?

For gamers like myself, who only buy 2-3 games per year, if that, and dedicate to just those few titles, this is a great announcement. The Game Pass Service never appealed to me before, but this really makes it an attractive and viable option.

• These are quite surprisingly great news.

Didn't see that one coming, Microsoft seems to really want to push their Netflix-like Library of Games.
    Not a bad thing.

• This is a pretty sweet announcement for those that use Game Pass, but am I right in thinking that many games are only available for a limited period?

• @ever-reddy Yes, the titles do rotate out at times (much like Netflix). However if you opted to purchase a game through the Game Pass service, there is a discount.

• @knightx13 Are you using it Jedi? Is it worth it in your opinion? I only have used the trial but forgot about it.

• @knightx13 said in Xbox Game Pass Expands to Include New Releases from Microsoft Studios including Sea of Thieves:

This is a huge benefit for gamers. For $60 for 6 months, you can get first party titles like Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, and State of Decay, and other future titles - where is the negative?

Not quite sure how the $59.99 pass is of much benefit over a regular subscription. Given that it's $9.99 per month to subscribe, that makes the pass $0.05 more expensive and you have to shell it all out in one go rather than paying monthly.

Or am I missing something?

• @musicmee I am not, as the service did not appeal to me as I usually only play 2-3 games per year (if that even), and already owned the ones I wanted to play. This announcement of including first party launch titles makes me want to consider it as an option.

@Ever-Reddy I rounded up.

• @knightx13 Yeah same here, it may be a cheaper way to get some good titles in my library. I thought it was going to be just full of older back catalogue games, but this looks promising!

• @Musicmee Yep, especially since the last first party game I bought (Halo Wars 2) was severely disappointing and I never played it past the meager campaign when I anticipated months of playing. So paying $60 for the ability to play it, plus a few other games in case I don't like it, much better in my mind. Or subsequently, if there is a game that I really enjoy, then I can always opt to buy it outright and support the developer more.

• @knightx13 said in Xbox Game Pass Expands to Include New Releases from Microsoft Studios including Sea of Thieves:

@ever-reddy Yes, the titles do rotate out at times (much like Netflix). However if you opted to purchase a game through the Game Pass service, there is a discount.

Interesting. How much does the discount tend to be?

• @ever-reddy Not sure as I haven't used the service before. Just know that it exists as an option.

UPDATE: According to the Game Pass FAQ, it's 20% of the game, and 10% off DLC.

• @knightx13 Awesome, ta! :)

• Seems kinda bad for sales of sea of thieves tho

• and remember there will be avatar lootboxes if you play any xbox game

• This may get some extra popularity and advertisement for the game which is really good. Meanwhile for PC players... I wonder if microsoft gonna give any love to us beside our currently crazy prices.

• @khaleesibot
    Do you plan to make a ONE X Collector Sea of Thieves bundle? I need to know because I have not yet preloaded the game but I took the joystick and I'm waiting for a console Sea of Thieves to move to the ONE X in this case if this console could be announced later I will still be able to play Sea Of Thieves without paying for it and wait for my ONE X with the final game thank you for your answer

• @xredx-harlow They confirmed in the Tavern Talk that there is no collectors edition, the only special items available are the Game (mainly the dlc and beta is the bonus, Best buy gives you a coin as well), the Game Controller, their items from their store.

• They felt that allowing people to pick and choose what items they wanted or didn't want to buy instead of charging more for the game and giving everyone the same items was the better option. This way, if someone wants to pay extra for SoT themed items, they can get exactly what they want, and anyone who wants just the game but doesn't want to miss out on the DLC can just buy the same edition of the game.

• @rogueaxel NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/04/2/1516721762-duowepjwkaah-d7.jpg

• @residentapple12 said in Xbox Game Pass Expands to Include New Releases from Microsoft Studios including Sea of Thieves:

Seems kinda bad for sales of sea of thieves tho

I think this will be a positive to the game itself, a much larger player base and probably better support as well. And for microsoft/rare it doesnt matter much if the # of sales for SoT is lower as long as the total amount of gamepass subscribers sees a large increase.

• @havik21 I guess, but sea of thieves was already probably gonna do well on it's own and it's just giving it out for free to a bunch of people who possible would have bought it anyway

• This is a fantastic way for people to have an xbox! SoT is a game that people will definitely talk about, and it will do well because of this. Why have another console when xbox provides a flat 9.99 a month service that isn't stream content, but rather the full game downloaded on your xbox to play! Plus, they are huge exclusives (I see you in there Crackdown!!). Xbox needs full games (not early access) that are exclusive to really sell their system.

Personally, I only buy systems for exclusives. Xbox One I bought for Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown, and of course now Sea of Thieves! Rare is (totally not biased) a fantastic community focused developer that loves providing creative and immersive products. SoT is their new magnum opus right now, and it has won my heart over and it is refreshing to play!

If others aren't sold on it and can't get into the beta, it's awesome microsoft provides this service to customers. It is well worth it, and honestly makes me want to buy the game rather than relying on the gamepass after awhile (Halo 5 is a great example).

• Amazing!!! This just made my day.

• @pyropixie666 said in Xbox Game Pass Expands to Include New Releases from Microsoft Studios including Sea of Thieves:

They felt that allowing people to pick and choose what items they wanted or didn't want to buy instead of charging more for the game and giving everyone the same items was the better option. This way, if someone wants to pay extra for SoT themed items, they can get exactly what they want, and anyone who wants just the game but doesn't want to miss out on the DLC can just buy the same edition of the game.

I didn’t watch the Tavern Talk but just to get this straight there’s only going to be one version of the game to buy with any “extras” being sold in game if need be?

I only want to make sure as I’ve been holding off preordering a digital copy to see if there were going to be special editions

• @macspud

Yes that's correct. There will only be one edition of the game. Any extras are available for purchase at the consumer's discretion, separately from the game.

• well at least theyre gonna be tons of people playing surprised its in game pass though most of those games are horrible it almost doesnt belong in it

• @ajm123
    Its kinda like advertising the game to people who may not have known about it or had the money to buy it right away and missed out on alpha/beta. So they still get to sample the game, if they want to. And if they want to keep the game, they can purchase it at a discount.

• Does this mean that game pass owners will be granted access to the closed beta? I have a friend that might be interested but hasn't heard the news yet.

• @xredx-harlow is the sea of thieves xbox real?

• @xredx-harlow where do I buy this I cant find it anywhere

• @realbadhor5e @Xx-PANDAWAN-xX No its a Fan Art Sorry :/

Views
12 out of 53