Release the Release Date!

• A brand new trailer was shown at the The Game Awards yesterday and in case you missed it, grab your popcorn, move to the edge of your seats and hit play!

In amongst the chickens, explosions and general pirate mayhem was our release date. It's finally here! Sea of Thieves is setting sail on the 20th March 2018 for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, with Xbox Play Anywhere, cross play and Xbox One X enhancements. Phew, that's a mouthful! You can pre-order through our shiny new pre-order page, or via the new Pre-Order button right next to your profile icon.

Pre-ordering gets you an awesome Black Dog Pack with some very stylish items and access to the Sea of Thieves Closed Beta!

We've also updated our The Game pages... there's a lot of treasure to be found in those pages!

But wait, there's more! As a Sea of Thieves Insider, you've helped us to build the foundations of this swashbuckling adventure. As a thank you, we'll be granting all Insiders who signed up before the December 1st 2017 deadline, free access to the upcoming Sea of Thieves Closed Beta!

But wait again? There's even more?!

Oo yeah, this beautiful limited edition controller is also available for pre-order. It comes with an exclusive in-game Ferryman Clothing Set, 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial and 14-day Xbox Game Pass trial with access to 100+ games (available to new subscribers only).

We're pirates, so I guess.. it's a hype boat? Get on the hype boat!

• Release Date: 20th March 2018
    • Game Pre-order Bonus: Black Dog Pack & Access to the Sea of Thieves Closed Beta.
    • Insider Bonus: Signed up before the December 1st 2017 Deadline? You have access to the Closed Beta!
    • Controller Pre-Order Bonus: Exclusive in-game Ferryman Clothing Set, 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial and 14-day Xbox Game Pass trial.
    Views
  • I'm so getting one of those controllers! :D

This game will be totally amazing when it's fully out!

• @khaleesibot Nailed it. ;) Throws wallet

• @khaleesibot It has been a fun packed day of updates!

And now my wallet is empty and my hype levels are at max!

Thank you very much!

• D****T! How did you know im a sucker for black! You got me! Now i just need to go plundering some funds! :D

And man the controllers nice, looks like i need to get that to..

• But how do we get the @knifelife fan club tops for our characters?

• @knifelife I thought of with the black dog gear no idea why lol

@khaleesibot oh my giggity ! I am already overly excited now

• @khaleesibot regarding that link for new trailer:

"utube video has been removed by the user" ?

• @musicmee Clothes are overated! You want the exclusive Knifelife Black Pantaloons to show your enemies how manly you really are! XD

Edit: I just crashed my boat and capsized writing that message, my Pantaloons are now a limited edition brown. Almost had a heart attack.

• What does the ferryman clothing look like? I'm very curious!

• @captain-scourge You better hurry up with the controller. Its already sold out in Germany. I probably bought the last one lol.

I love the design!

• @erinom3 I'm hoping they look like the Ferry of the Damned captain's gear!

• @musicmee
    I'm trying to be strong and hold out for a collectors edition of some kind, before I buy anything. But.. they are not making it easy...

• @musicmee saw a pic somewhere, not sure which thread.... sooo many lol

• @erinom3 Stay strong... If they do I will join you in purchasing... but for now, I have bought everything in every size!

• IT'S HAPPENING!

alt text

I'm so excited!!!

~ Captain Jay
    The Crow's Nest

• @capt-explodabob Think it has to be pushed through a usb port now. Screens can't take the strain ;)

• is there a play season this week end

• I'm getting the XBox Controller and probably going to wait for the Collector's before pre-ordering.

Is there going to be PC bonuses for the Controller, or is it just that Xbox-related bonuses?

• I’m very pleased that the game will be available to commentateate my 80th birthday. I assume my picture will be on the box....not on the box?....there is no box? I shall now take my nap and upon awakening I shall draw another cartoon and then order the game anyway. That will make game number 116 still in my library. Thank you very much.

• And by night the controller looks even more awesome...

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/939132478123474944

• But Wait.....There's still MORE!

• @jediknightxiii
    You found the picture of the Ferryman skin? :D

• Will there be any sort of cosmetic items in the full game for those that have participated in the alpha?

• @erinom3 said in Release the release date!:

@jediknightxiii
    You found the picture of the Ferryman skin? :D

Don the exclusive Ferryman boots to move as quietly as a mouse!!

• @khaleesibot Cant wait for release are these the only pre order packs you will be doing

• @cnt-thelrox said in Release the release date!:

@captain-scourge You better hurry up with the controller. Its already sold out in Germany. I probably bought the last one lol.

I love the design!

Still available through the Microsoft Store - i just bought one and am german.

• @siriondb said in Release the release date!:

I'm getting the XBox Controller and probably going to wait for the Collector's before pre-ordering.

Is there going to be PC bonuses for the Controller, or is it just that Xbox-related bonuses?

The DLC will be available on Windows 10 PCs as it is a Play Anywhere, cross play title.

• @khaleesibot Is the play anywhere only for digital versions?

• @khaleesibot

Thank you for your quick reply, as usual, love the professionalism!

Though, my question really stems from Exclusive in-game 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial and 14-day Xbox Game Pass trial.

What's the point in this for PC players?

• The hype is real!

• @khaleesibot Just ordered that wicked looking controller last night . Now I just need my pioneer invite Capt'n!

• @siriondb said in Release the release date!:

@khaleesibot

Thank you for your quick reply, as usual, love the professionalism!

Though, my question really stems from Exclusive in-game 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial and 14-day Xbox Game Pass trial.

What's the point in this for PC players?

You're super welcome!
    The Xbox Game Pass trial is also only for new users, I think the goal with all the extras is so that everyone gets at least one extra bonus. For us primarily PC players, we get the Ferryman Pack!

• Well then, guess this will be the first game I preorder in about 6 years... Cannot resist the black!

How dare you Rare, making me flip flop on my principles!!

Views
7 out of 242