3D Printed Sea of Thieves Belt Buckle

• @specialadvisor said in 3D Printed Sea of Thieves Belt Buckle:

I just posted this in another thread. A bit of a personal epiphany :-D

"I just realized something...I'm in a pirate simulation but am clearly not a pirate. I'm definitely from a different cut of sail cloth. I've decided to dub myself a member of S.E.A. The "Society of Explorers and Adventurers." Hey...what the heck. It's who I am. You run into me in-world you can be assured if you don't fire on me, I won't fire on you...ship's cannon or blunderbuss. In fact I might need to start a S.E.A. thread :-D"

Then I recalled I already have the belt buckle for it...now full attribution. S.E.A. is a mythical group that is said to exist somewhere in the Disney universe. But it fits here for me :-D

• @dolnornumbwit exactly! :)

I am a fan of the whole backstory of S.E.A. not often mentioned but it creeps up around various Disney theme parks. Especially around the Jungle Cruise...but also I understand in some of the other parks around the world.

• The ruby gem turned out better than I was expecting. The facets are subtle but do show. Another thing which does not really show in the photo is the translucence of the blue and red. The photo does not really do it justice due to glare though it gives one an idea. I'm printing off an antique bronze buckle back now. Likely I'd paint it antique gold over the bronze. Next will be another sand back with the new tan I received for a comparison :-D

alt text

• @specialadvisor said in 3D Printed Sea of Thieves Belt Buckle:

@dolnornumbwit exactly! :)

I am a fan of the whole backstory of S.E.A. not often mentioned but it creeps up around various Disney theme parks. Especially around the Jungle Cruise...but also I understand in some of the other parks around the world.

I had a chance to attend the Adventurer's Club before they closed it. It not only had great in-person characters but the wall animatronics were controlled/voiced by real people in real time! -)

I looked but couldn't see you in this group...you must be lurking off-camera!
    alt text

Pirates are the Quintessential Explorers! You should petition Disney to add in a Pirate Explorer in their mix. Just create an outfit, personality, and exploits...and send in a few images of yourself BEING That Pirate...and you'll maybe get a job offer! -)

TQQdles

• @specialadvisor wow, that red really pops! I like the way the blue has all those spiderweb-like filaments running through it too. Looking forward to seeing it on the buckle.

• @dolnornumbwit sadly I never made it to the Adventurer's Club before it closed. Until about five/six years ago we were primarily West Coast Disney goers. Now we do both coast most years. Ah what might have been. I am looking forward to seeing Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar. I understand there are S.E.A. references there. The Skipper Canteen is rife with them :-D

• Here we go...a comparison. I know it's mostly a matter of personal taste. I tend to prefer the sand sea bottom look. But that ruby red sure does pop...indeed. I'm making two at the moment. One final for myself and one to send to the Rare Sea of Thieves team...I'll probably send them the prototype as well as I only need one :-D

alt text

• Sand sea bottom version...on both I'll paint the buckle back in an antique gold. Add a bit more Pirate bling :-D

alt text

• @specialadvisor
    Those are some awesome looking buckles my friend :)
    I do prefer the colour of the 2nd one, but i will have to add (& please don't take this the wrong way!) that it does also resemble a digestive biscuit!!

• @specialadvisor The ruby-red background belt buckle creates a bit of a "Super Hero Utility Belt 1960's-esque" vibe. In your face, look at me, I am super.

I prefer the sand background. The green-blue is just enough to get the buckle noticed without it SCREAMING for attention! -)

TQQdles

• Agreed shipmates. Funny about the biscuit :-D Of course these are belt buckles and not meant to be scrutinized this closely in any case. They will look quite different after the buckle backs are painted. More framed. The antique bronze filament sorta washes them out. Also the photo light glare ain't helping either :-D

• @specialadvisor Since I don't have a 3d printer nor am artistically inclined, the only thing I can see that could enhance it (now that it is done!, of course) would be ingraved geographical longitude-latitude map lines in the sand-coloured background...like an old map/chart. Don't have a recommended template/image for that. Just food for thought.

TQQdles

• @dolnornumbwit interesting thought. At this scale it would likely not show up well with the limited space outside the logo itself. I tried to make it a bit rough to further give the idea of a sandy beach. That having been said a smooth background it 'could' work :D

One of the things I like most about posting in progress projects is the artistic input!

• The red one is awesome. It reminds me of He-Man. Looks really good on that gold buckle, too.

• That looks amazing @SpecialAdvisor if it ever comes for sales id like to order one someday

• @snakeyheadnl just doing these for fun. I don’t sell anything. Not my intellectual property :D

• AMAZING SELL THEESES I WOULD BUY

• Neat! very cool!

• Since not everyone wears MagBelts like I do...and since this one is heading to the Sea of Thieves team at Rare...figured I better mod this for a regular belt :-D

alt text

• @specialadvisor Super cool!

• @itsdaleykong Thanks shipmate! Should be in the mail here soon :-D

• This is awesome!

• @specialadvisor I love the second one too (although I prefer chocolate digestives :D) Another amazing piece!

• @lizalaroo said in 3D Printed Sea of Thieves Belt Buckle:

@specialadvisor I love the second one too (although I prefer chocolate digestives :D) Another amazing piece!

Thanks shipmate coming from a Pirate Prop-Master such as yourself that is high praise...indeed!

I’ve been busy as heck but really want to engage on the ship’s name plate myself. Too many Sea of Thieves props in my skull trying to get out :-)

• @specialadvisor Aye and it will only get worse! lol :D

• The above buckle set sail across the Atlantic yesterday bound for Rare Ltd and the Sea of Thieves Team! Hopefully it won't get waylaid by Pirates en route! ;-)

• @Premous This will give you an idea of what I was talking about.

Views
85 out of 97