Some Helpful Tips To Improve Immediately

• I saw someone make a post asking for help so I copy and pasted what I told this person.

I can tell you things that you can do right now to improve and there are things that will take time things like aim, game sense etc.

What you can do to improve right now
    Double gunning
    Use two combos of either Blunder Snipe or Sniper Pistol.

Once you have that learn X Cancelling, it’s a mechanic you can do to make your sniper, blunder and pistol reload faster. The moment you shoot immediately double tap your disengage button which is usually X hence the name X Cancelling.

Strafing
    A huge tip is your movement, Jump spamming is not the play DO NOT JUMP SPAM. It is very easy to hit for even bad Aimers. What you should be doing is strafing, strafes in sot are quite difficult to hit for even top tier players. Strafing is when you press A and D on and off and look the way you are moving. So if I press A I look left, press D look right. So it should be something like A Look Left then D Look Right and so on. If you do it to fast the strafe will be to tight and if you do it to slow it will be easier to hit. Another tip for strafing is being less predictable so sometimes jerk to the left or right when strafing.

90 FOV
    Make sure to have your FOV on max it helps a ton but usually most players already have it on max.

If your aim is bad that’s ok!
    You can tdm which improves your aim a ton. TDMing is when you and other crews go into arena, sail to a skull fort with sniper and pistol and fight on the island. You and your friends can do it yourselves and improve together.

When double gunning you also need to use quick swapping. Quick swapping will help you switch weapons faster. So the keys you need to enter in to quick swap go like this

Shoot
    Sprint
    Go out of the sprint, switch your weapon
    Sprint
    Pull out your weapon and shoot.

Remember to x cancel for a faster reload.

So what your main takeaway from this should be

Double Gun
    Strafing
    TDMing
    X Cancelling
    And Quickswapping.

If you want to see those mechanics in action just look up some Sea Of Thieves Montages.

And if you are controller imma be real all hope is lost just use a cutlass. BUT if you want some inspiration on controller check out Scudals/ScutLs older montages, he’s controller.

Views
  • Concise information, might I suggest a better title or sub title to this however, maybe something like:
    "Some Helpful Firearm Tips To Improve Your Gunplay"

• @hooohoocoach said in Some Helpful Tips To Improve Immediately:

I saw someone make a post asking for help so I copy and pasted what I told this person.

I can tell you things that you can do right now to improve and there are things that will take time things like aim, game sense etc.

What you can do to improve right now
    Double gunning
    Use two combos of either Blunder Snipe or Sniper Pistol.

Once you have that learn X Cancelling, it’s a mechanic you can do to make your sniper, blunder and pistol reload faster. The moment you shoot immediately double tap your disengage button which is usually X hence the name X Cancelling.

Strafing
    A huge tip is your movement, Jump spamming is not the play DO NOT JUMP SPAM. It is very easy to hit for even bad Aimers. What you should be doing is strafing, strafes in sot are quite difficult to hit for even top tier players. Strafing is when you press A and D on and off and look the way you are moving. So if I press A I look left, press D look right. So it should be something like A Look Left then D Look Right and so on. If you do it to fast the strafe will be to tight and if you do it to slow it will be easier to hit. Another tip for strafing is being less predictable so sometimes jerk to the left or right when strafing.

90 FOV
    Make sure to have your FOV on max it helps a ton but usually most players already have it on max.

If your aim is bad that’s ok!
    You can tdm which improves your aim a ton. TDMing is when you and other crews go into arena, sail to a skull fort with sniper and pistol and fight on the island. You and your friends can do it yourselves and improve together.

When double gunning you also need to use quick swapping. Quick swapping will help you switch weapons faster. So the keys you need to enter in to quick swap go like this

Shoot
    Sprint
    Go out of the sprint, switch your weapon
    Sprint
    Pull out your weapon and shoot.

Remember to x cancel for a faster reload.

So what your main takeaway from this should be

Double Gun
    Strafing
    TDMing
    X Cancelling
    And Quickswapping.

If you want to see those mechanics in action just look up some Sea Of Thieves Montages.

And if you are controller imma be real all hope is lost just use a cutlass. BUT if you want some inspiration on controller check out Scudals/ScutLs older montages, he’s controller.

please don't tell people how to double gun

• Hohoo slammin down tha fax

• Teaching people to double gun
    shakes head might as well, they lose half the fun that way.

• Bro people really out here shaming me for teaching people how to get better at the game.

Like literally just trying to help people out and you guys are treating double gunning like it should be punishable by death.

And some of these tips don’t even help double gunning
    You can still use x Cancelling with sword pistol
    You don’t need two guns to press A and D

I think you all suffer from inferiority complex, where you see better players and it just makes you mad, you think you are the best until you see what the real best is

• @closinghare208 why shouldn’t I lol?

• @closinghare208 why its the most fun and effective PvP method

• @burnbacon double gunning is twice as fun as just swording people wdym

• I struggled with swordplay against blunders for so long so I just said if you can't beat them join them and tbh double gun just makes the game more fun the sword just feels so clanky and rng in fights

@closinghare208 why shouldn’t I lol?

because it's an exploit that shouldn't be in this game

• @v-meli-v said in Some Helpful Tips To Improve Immediately:

@closinghare208 why its the most fun and effective PvP method

because it's an exploit and in my opintion it should be bannable.

I struggled with swordplay against blunders for so long so I just said if you can't beat them join them and tbh double gun just makes the game more fun the sword just feels so clanky and rng in fights

get better at sword play and don't use pvp exploits

• @closinghare208 bro there is no way you are joking. Double Gunning isn’t an exploit, and of your talking about quickswap then Pace and Summit should be banned from the game.

@closinghare208 bro there is no way you are joking. Double Gunning isn’t an exploit, and of your talking about quickswap then Pace and Summit should be banned from the game.

i know they should be and the way you're telling about double gun you are talking about quick swap

• @closinghare208 ok you’re trolling [Mod edit]

@closinghare208 ok you’re trolling [Mod edit]

don't call me stupid and no i'm not trolling

• @hooohoocoach Ahoy matey!

Just edited your post above...

ALWAYS

Be courteous. Don’t insult players you don’t know. If humour is the intent, remember that this can be lost or misinterpreted online, and words can very easily offend. Be mindful of what you’re saying and if someone asks a question, see if you can help them out as you’d appreciate being helped out yourself if the roles were reversed.

• @musicmee oh yeah sure, I get hostile when people insult double gunning because it’s a fun way to play lol. If you could tell me what I said that was wrong (which I’m sure I said something wrong) that would be appreciated!

Edit: Nevermind I see, it threw me off because you said post above which was the main post! And also could you clarify if things like quickswapping is bannable?

• @closinghare208 you don’t need to openly insult tdming. I didn’t say “if you use cutlass and don’t tdm you are a bot and should be given the death penalty.” Yet you and lots of others constantly insult tdming and treat it like it’s a sin.

@closinghare208 you don’t need to openly insult tdming. I didn’t say “if you use cutlass and don’t tdm you are a bot and should be given the death penalty.” Yet you and lots of others constantly insult tdming and treat it like it’s a sin.

because i don't think tdming is a way one should play but you do you and when you get tired witch you will soon and don't get annoyed just because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you and I'm done talking to you if you get hostile if you get angry that's silly

• @closinghare208 just because you hate tdming and think it shouldn’t be a way to play a SANDBOX game doesn’t give you a right to express your hate for it and try and convince others not to try something new. You don’t see me going around expressing why you should be TDMing and not playing adventure.

@closinghare208 just because you hate tdming and think it shouldn’t be a way to play a SANDBOX game doesn’t give you a right to express your hate for it and try and convince others not to try something new. You don’t see me going around expressing why you should be TDMing and not playing adventure.

it's my opinion and sticking to it not going to talk to you anymore so mizewell stop replying and you sort of are by telling people to git gud and double gun. gg man what ever sinks your galleon

• @closinghare208 *opinion

• And if you are controller imma be real all hope is lost just use a cutlass. BUT if you want some inspiration on controller check out Scudals/ScutLs older montages, he’s controller.

I disagree with this if you get the sensitivity right you can definitely be double gunner on xbox, I am and a lot of my friends on xbox are rly good aim, however if you are on xbox you should play on xbox only servers. Also good post

• Wait why did he get banned lol

@closinghare208 *opinion

thank you

Views
1 out of 27