when will pvp be fixed

• pvp never has been good in this games the respawns are just really bad you sink a ship and try to take thier loot and in 2 mins they can already be back you have people sailing away non stop make it so people that run away from you get the kraken if they do it long enough this game only focuses on pve

Views
  • None of those examples need fixed.

The game is based around balance and freedom for both PVE and PVP players. You might not like how others play but they should have the freedom to make those decisions just as you should be able to

Other people not playing how you want them to play is not something that needs to be fixed.

• @wolfmanbush what about the respawns

• @killerrboyy2000 said in when will pvp be fixed:

@wolfmanbush what about the respawns

I'm very against the idea that gets floated around a lot recently about sending sinking ships and dead players to new servers

In my view sinking or dying should (and does) come with consequences but it should not end the war or gameplay if people decide they want to keep trying

Sinking a ship is the end of that battle but selling the loot is the end of the war.

• @wolfmanbush ye that sounds dumb put people need to spawn at the other side of the map its unfair when u finally sink a ship that ran for 30 mins and they come back in 1 minute and then sink you since they have nothing to lose any more

@wolfmanbush ye that sounds dumb put people need to spawn at the other side of the map its unfair when u finally sink a ship that ran for 30 mins and they come back in 1 minute and then sink you since they have nothing to lose any more

nobody has a right to loot they have the opportunity to take it and sell it in any scenario. Whether it's total domination or 20 tries that eventually ends in success

Making people spawn very far (btw this already happens from time to time) guarantees people can't rush back and get their PVE loot that wasn't involved in a pvp situation) Imo opinion if there is going to be a 5 minute timer for sinking loot/supply stuff then people should spawn just within that window so some times they can get it back

• @wolfmanbush then if people dont have the right to loot then why even have pvp in the first place it takes hella long to sink a galleon as a sloop and having the galleon just spawn one island away isnt fair

@wolfmanbush then if people dont have the right to loot then why even have pvp in the first place it takes hella long to sink a galleon as a sloop and having the galleon just spawn one island away isnt fair

You have enough time to gather the most valuable loot and head in the opposite direction of ships that you can see near you

These stories about people having to fight the same ship over and over are because they simply aren't moving fast enough and their strategy isn't good

@wolfmanbush ye that sounds dumb put people need to spawn at the other side of the map its unfair when u finally sink a ship that ran for 30 mins and they come back in 1 minute and then sink you since they have nothing to lose any more

Maybe you should have left them alone after the first 15 minutes.

Chose a better target next time lol

• @pithyrumble lol im not letting a athena 5 alone

@pithyrumble lol im not letting a athena 5 alone

if you sink a level 5 athena nothing matters other than that flag

there is no reason you should have fought them again you go straight to the hideout raise that emissary and sell that flag

loot is easy come and easy go but a level 5 athena flag especially these days is a golden ticket and you're charlie. You pick that thing up and do not stop until it's turned in

You obviously lack the skill to catch one as well, so are requesting it to be handed to you on a silver platter instead of improving. Step up your game if you want that prize.

pick a better target or don't complain lol.

• @pithyrumble whats better then a athena 5 lol

• @dlchief58 if you read what i said many times i sink ships but due to the bad respawns they get back in just 1 minute

• If you sink a ship and you see it return maybe use a rowboat to move the loot and use the ship to distract. This has worked for me many times. Just run and make them chase give time for the rowboat to get away.
    I had a similar outlook on this subject early in my career as a pirate but i've learned some tricks since then and i've only run into one group that sent me text via xbox to let me know they were going to do nothing but follow and harass me as much as they could... Turns out tho they couldn't follow me to the shores of gold hardy har. All the chasing gave my crew mate time to sell everything we stole via rowboat. Got to be sneaky sometimes.

@dlchief58 if you read what i said many times i sink ships but due to the bad respawns they get back in just 1 minute

So what? You can't defend it, you don't deserve it - that simple. They were smart enough to scuttle prior to completely sinking in order to get a spawn closer to you and thus get some payback. Had you successfully sunk them, they would have spawned across the map - but they most likely chose a strategic scuttle before it was too late. You were outplayed, simple as that.

Ironic you complain initially about the game "only focuses on pve" and want to hinder those running, yet are whining that a crew has come back to PvP in order to regain what they lost. You just need to step up your game.

• @dlchief58 I completely agree with you. If you can’t fend off a ship that has 16 bananas 15 planks and 40 cannonballs you don’t deserve the loot. Also if you’re trying to catch a ship try and out play them maybe launch off at an island and try to board. Me and my friends especially love when people go near forts because you can use the stationary’s to take down their masts or hit an anchor or rigging ball. I have also used the strategic scuttle in many situations to get a really close spawn. The one time I forgot I was just south of krakens fall and spawned at smugglers basically across the map. And I know that sometimes people get really lucky spawns but if you can’t beat them a second time get the most valuable items(flags athenas storage crates etc) and dip. I have personally on a sloop with my friend destroyed a 4 ship alliance with 2 galleons 1 brig and a sloop just by being smart. If you can’t outplay them your going to sink. If you don’t want to sink don’t go for steals and get better in arena. Period.

• PvP is pretty garbage in this game, combo breaking, hit reg, garbage respawns, catering to low skill players, the list goes on and on

• @killerrboyy2000 Heya, as you can probably tell by the name, pvp player here. myself and my crew have been playing almost 3 years since the start. the games pvp was good when it was released, and everyone was always fighting. unfortunately they have continued to change pvp, and re balance it every few months since the hungering deep for one reason. double gunning. instead of making sword manditory they have constantly tried to change the way the system works around it. it is what ruined pvp.

dont get me wrong, we are pretty hardcore and sweaty players. but pvp has been bad for a long time now and they seem to favor the pve players in sea of thieves. going so far as to segregate the community into opt out and opt in even. the spawns have always been bad and although they try to fix them, the fact is that there really is not anywhere you can be on a ship without being in line of sight from atleast one of the 4 people in a galleon crew. spawns in online games such as this are bad, you need to figure out how to use that to your advantage or not at all. not much else you can do about it.

they have implemented pvp aspects such as the reapers flags and reapers emissaries, and arena (which arena is terrible, I should know I grinded triumphant sd out lol) not much we can do about it except kill as many people on line and complain about it on the forums here. in my opinion people just need to harden up lol

• @pvp-creed agree 100% reapers is all i do since its the most fun because it awards pvp people here dont seem to get what im saying one time i sunk a brig athena 4 with my sloop and my mate they legit spawned one island away we could see them legit spawn they where lucky and had wind with them so they where on our butt so fast we just got the loot and ran but because they spawned close they chased us for 1.5 hours before we sunk them again and could sell our loot you should get punished if you sink not be given an other chance

• @mr-mysitc6201 can you read bro im not spawn killing fresh spawns what the point i have done tons of steals fotd flame heart etc its not about sinking ships its about getting there loot before they get back to you

• @killerrboyy2000 if you cannot collect loot in a couple of minutes that’s your fault not the game’s. The game has an algorithm that randomly assigns you an island to spawn which can be cross map or cross tile. Also you must realize that scuttling spawns u at a maximum of 4 tiles away and a minimum of the closest island. You’re just being out smarted. I don’t get how a galleon chased I for 1.5 hours just go against wind and send boarders to anchor and sink them.

• @mr-mysitc6201 said in when will pvp be fixed:

@killerrboyy2000 if you cannot collect loot in a couple of minutes that’s your fault not the game’s. The game has an algorithm that randomly assigns you an island to spawn which can be cross map or cross tile. Also you must realize that scuttling spawns u at a maximum of 4 tiles away and a minimum of the closest island. You’re just being out smarted. I don’t get how a galleon chased I for 1.5 hours just go against wind and send boarders to anchor and sink them.

If you sink and get a lucky respawn, you didn’t “outsmart” anyone, you sunk, there should be a more stiff consequence to sinking via pvp

• @dlchief58 said in when will pvp be fixed:

@killerrboyy2000 said in when will pvp be fixed:

@dlchief58 if you read what i said many times i sink ships but due to the bad respawns they get back in just 1 minute

So what? You can't defend it, you don't deserve it - that simple. They were smart enough to scuttle prior to completely sinking in order to get a spawn closer to you and thus get some payback. Had you successfully sunk them, they would have spawned across the map - but they most likely chose a strategic scuttle before it was too late. You were outplayed, simple as that.

Ironic you complain initially about the game "only focuses on pve" and want to hinder those running, yet are whining that a crew has come back to PvP in order to regain what they lost. You just need to step up your game.

Really? If you think scuttling when you’ve been sunk counts as “outplaying” you’re definitely the guy here who gets sunk, a lot. If you sink you rarely respawn across the map, the algorithm for respawning after sinking is garbage and should’ve been fixed a long time ago.

• @hurricanegriz said in when will pvp be fixed:

@dlchief58 said in when will pvp be fixed:

Really? If you think scuttling when you’ve been sunk counts as “outplaying” you’re definitely the guy here who gets sunk, a lot. If you sink you rarely respawn across the map, the algorithm for respawning after sinking is garbage and should’ve been fixed a long time ago.

LOL, yes it does if they are able to pull a victory from defeat by using a strategic scuttle in time to get a favorable spawn in order to exact some revenge and/or recover the loot. The fight isn't over until the treasure is cashed in, not when a ship has sunk (regardless of what some PvP sweats think). If you can't deal with it, you aren't as good as you seem to think you are.

• @dlchief58 said in when will pvp be fixed:

@hurricanegriz said in when will pvp be fixed:

@dlchief58 said in when will pvp be fixed:

LOL, yes it does if they are able to pull a victory from defeat by using a strategic scuttle in time to get a favorable spawn in order to exact some revenge and/or recover the loot. The fight isn't over until the treasure is cashed in, not when a ship has sunk (regardless of what some PvP sweats think). If you can't deal with it, you aren't as good as you seem to think you are.

No, no, I still sink them regardless if they come back for revenge or not, it’s just dumb that this game caters so hard to terrible sailors such as yourself. It’s k, one day you’ll be good enough not to sink extremely easily ;)

• @mr-mysitc6201 bruh 1 minute isnt enough mate if you go after who i go after

@mr-mysitc6201 bruh 1 minute isnt enough mate if you go after who i go after

I am going to agree with @mr-mYsitc6201 ..... If you can not defend yourself from freshly respawned crew that you just sunk, maybe you need to change your strategy. In fact I would like to see that both crews stay on the same server until loot is sold even through server merges. That way people who get sunk will have a chance to get some loot back. And maybe after respawn, ship should get more cannonballs and more planks.

• @killerrboyy2000 Then get better or go after different people. Don’t complain about something that is within your control.

• As a newish player to this game, I'm very sorry but PvP is an absolute joke.

1. Numbers are everything. This games entire excuse for not having individual player progression is so they can boast balanced PvP. But all that's thrown out the window when you get hunted down by a team of 4 on a galleon. On top of that it doesn't even matter if you are a more skilled team because the general respawn on to your own ship is ridiculously short to the point where kills basically mean nothing.

2. Ships have different HP. Shouldn't the counter balance be that bigger ships are harder to repair than little ships? If you have a crew of 4 on a galleon Specially if you are going to give them more hit points overall. A balanced game would still put smaller ships at a disadvantage but then have other advantages over the larger ships. More ship HP plus more people means that even if your skill is ridiculously higher than the enemy you still wont win a fight 90% of the time.

3. I mentioned this briefly but the general respawn timer after a death is dumb. Again if you want to use this kind of mechanic when a death means short down time (death should be death, you should be put on an outpost island with no mermaid until the fight is done.) then a respawn the least that you could do is give smaller groups a fighting chance by making their respawn significantly smaller and larger groups significantly longer.

• @lynexiagurl Your third point makes no sense. You’re saying that if you die you’re completely out of the fight. That’s honestly just ridiculous. If you’re on a sloop and you and your partner die you instantly sink. There’s no way to recover. All they have to do is kill you and you sink. You have put no thought into this idea and the devs would never ever do this. You have obviously never played much I get that, but don’t go onto the forums and present ridiculous ideas when you’ve barely played the game and only encountered a few ships. So don’t come on a pvp forum if you’re a noob and don’t get how pvp works and can’t hold your own!

• @lynexiagurl said in when will pvp be fixed:

1. Ships have different HP. Shouldn't the counter balance be that bigger ships are harder to repair than little ships? If you have a crew of 4 on a galleon Specially if you are going to give them more hit points overall. A balanced game would still put smaller ships at a disadvantage but then have other advantages over the larger ships. More ship HP plus more people means that even if your skill is ridiculously higher than the enemy you still wont win a fight 90% of the time.

The ships are pretty close to balanced as they can be. I'm not sure what you consider HP for ships, but your analysis is backwards.

The smallest ship (Sloop) is the hardest one to sink because it can take a ton of hits and remain afloat for a long time. You can keep it alive just by solo bucketing most of time. The largest ship is in the middle, because if it takes damage on the mid deck it won't take in any water but it takes longer to get to the bottom deck to repair holes and generally requires the most coordination to sail properly. The brigantine sinks the fastest because it's much easier to get to holes and repair since it only has one platform and it's not as complicated to operate.

• @d3adst1ck facepalm Except the sloop can only have a 2 man crew.... Are you not aware that the sloop can be also blown apart?

Even coming up against just a brigantine it's extremely easy to be ganked and sunk before you can even get 2 -3 shots off simply because of the extra crew member... and a galleon? lol forget it.. Every ship can be manned by 2 players and you'll be able to control it decently while the free player(s) on larger ships are free to cannon over to the enemy ship and gank players... Not that you even need to do that if you can get to a crows nest, throwing down fire is all you need.

Seriously if you cant win fights at a group of 3 or 4 against a sloop you're just trash at the game lol.

Views
1 out of 49