Seriously you need to do something about griefing.

• Wasted hours dealing with griefers who just join to bomb our ship or sail it away while we try to do things on islands. The most insane thing is you have no option to kick people, only temporary jail them. What a joke. Why do you support griefing? unless you implement kicking and blocking, I'll probably have to get a refund, this is unplayable. I've never seen a game with so much griefing AND no action.

Views
  • I can't even find the option to report people. It doesn't even seem possible. Can the devs explain why they seemingly have no resources for dealing with griefing and abuse?

• @perelie7882 said in Seriously you need to do something about griefing.:

I can't even find the option to report people. It doesn't even seem possible. Can the devs explain why they seemingly have no resources for dealing with griefing and abuse?

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Wait a bit and a drop down will appear with the choice of reporting a player.

• @perelie7882 Ahoy matey!

We take our Community Code of Conduct seriously. We will take action on accounts that we determine to have breached our Code of Conduct or the Microsoft T&Cs. Account actions can range from warnings and suspensions to permanent account termination from our game and services at our discretion, where doing so would be in the best interests of Rare or our customers.
    If you believe that someone has broken our Code of Conduct or the Microsoft T&Cs, please read the article at the link below and create a support ticket. This will be reviewed and the appropriate action taken by our support team.

How to Report a Player

• @lem0n-curry I did, it takes me to this page:

Which takes me to this page:
    Which just takes me BACK to this page again:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/file-a-complaint

It's an utter joke.

• @musicmee Yeah I tried this but it just leads me to informatin about reporting but no OPTION to report the person. It's extremely convoluted and just loops back around.
    I have names, profiles, and screenshots. It's all here I just need an option to report it.

• And hey why is there no option to kick people? Explain this to me. Why am I FORCED to play with a griefer or toxic abuse person who tells me to "go die in a fire"? Every other online game has a vote kick, why doesn't Sea of Thieves?

And hey why is there no option to kick people? Explain this to me. Why am I FORCED to play with a griefer or toxic abuse person who tells me to "go die in a fire"? Every other online game has a vote kick, why doesn't Sea of Thieves?

You could have changed crews at the first sign of trouble.

A vote to kick could be abused - having done quests for over two hours and then being kicked out doesn't sound fun to me. You would have wasted even more time if they had an opportunity to do that.

• @lem0n-curry The alternative is right now, where we can spend hours getting loot only for one griefer on our crew to bomb our ship and make it sink so we lose everything. ow THAT doesn't sound fun does it? At least with a vote kick you'd need everyone to join in for it to pass. What we have now is unplayable.

@lem0n-curry The alternative is right now, where we can spend hours getting loot only for one griefer on our crew to bomb our ship and make it sink so we lose everything. ow THAT doesn't sound fun does it? At least with a vote kick you'd need everyone to join in for it to pass. What we have now is unplayable.

Start with don't have more loot on your ship than you care to lose; either by other crews or crew mates.
    Your complaint was about someone who just joined to bomb. Not someone who was part of the crew the whole time and then started to grief. Solution to that is to close the crew.

Unfortunately there are people who grief their own crew. Mostly that happens when they are new in the crew not after they spend lots of time on the crew; vote to kick abused by griefers would be more prevalent than griefers who spend hours on a crew.

• @lem0n-curry Your stance that vote-kick would be abuse is completely unfounded. Every other online game with teams has a vote kick option and they're fine. Having literally no option to defend against or stop griefing and abuse is unacceptable and probably the reason why so few people play Sea of Thieves.

@lem0n-curry Your stance that vote-kick would be abuse is completely unfounded. Every other online game with teams has a vote kick option and they're fine. Having literally no option to defend against or stop griefing and abuse is unacceptable and probably the reason why so few people play Sea of Thieves.

It is completely unfounded ? Really ?
    You really don't think that there aren't two mates who wait for their friend wouldn't invite an unknown player on their brig until their friend comes on-line and kick the stranger out ? Or mates that try to enter a crew together so they have the majority and kick you out ?

• @perelie7882 sagte in Seriously you need to do something about griefing.:

@lem0n-curry I did, it takes me to this page:

Which takes me to this page:
    Which just takes me BACK to this page again:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/file-a-complaint

It's an utter joke.

When you first press it, wait a bit, it should bring you to the login-site, log in again and then use the link again...should work that way...if not, use the report feature of the XBox itself...don't know if it works if you're on PC

• @perelie7882 anyway...just don't use open crew...

• @schwammlgott Then how do I play with people? This game is extremely punishing to solo play.

• @perelie7882 you are in the forum here...ask here, or discord, or xbox lfg

• @perelie7882 As for kicking, I thought of that too at some point, but turns out you run the risk that organised griefers kick YOU at crucial moments.

Some tips:

1. Maintain a friends list of trusted people, so they can jump into your game anytime even when your crew is 'closed'. Even better, get on Discord and form crews. The griefers are those random people, and not really SoT players.
    2. When starting, assess the crew. If boat's not full, you run a risk, you never know what's to come. If full, try to figure out their intentions and behavior BEFORE going on a long voyage. Their title and actions (like angling sails correctly, putting voyages up, etc) are telling.
    3. Solo when you're able to. Like when doing tall tales or cargo runs, those can be easily done alone.
    4. I thought firebombing was devastating at first, but I've learnt that fire isn't all that dangerous and easily dealt with. Dispose of firebombs before you leave so they can't grab them out of your stash.

Incidentally, I've heard the phrase 'go die in a fire' too, just a few days ago. Only then it was his ship that was going down in flames, not ours. :)

• @perelie7882 I can understand that you are frustrated. I have read several good suggestions offered here and in your duplicate thread to help you address your issues. We’ve been playing this game for a long time now. We know exactly what you are talking about. Stop using open crews. Stop using open crews. Stop using open crews. Stop using open crews. There are so many better ways to form/join a crew. Stop using open crews. Use the LFG tool or Discord to find a group to join. It is easy and will decrease the chance of teammates trolling your ship. A kick option will be abused and we really don’t want it. In my experience, kicking gets abused all the time in other games. Putting someone in the brig stops their ability for mischief. Stop using open crews. We are trying to help you here.

• @ghostpaw sagte in Seriously you need to do something about griefing.:

@perelie7882 I can understand that you are frustrated. I have read several good suggestions offered here and in your duplicate thread to help you address your issues. We’ve been playing this game for a long time now. We know exactly what you are talking about. Stop using open crews. Stop using open crews. Stop using open crews. Stop using open crews. There are so many better ways to form/join a crew. Stop using open crews. Use the LFG tool or Discord to find a group to join. It is easy and will decrease the chance of teammates trolling your ship. A kick option will be abused and we really don’t want it. In my experience, kicking gets abused all the time in other games. Putting someone in the brig stops their ability for mischief. Stop using open crews. We are trying to help you here.

You forgot to tell he better STOP USING OPEN CREWS...🤔😜

• @lem0n-curry Wouldn't your argument be just as applicable to voting people into the brig? Do people abuse that? Should it be removed also?

• @ghostpaw What's this LFG tool people have mentioned? how do I access it?

@ghostpaw What's this LFG tool people have mentioned? how do I access it?

Are you on XBox?

@ghostpaw What's this LFG tool people have mentioned? how do I access it?

So, on XBox it's Looking For Group, access through the XBox-Guide...search a group, or create your own so people can join if you want

• @schwammlgott Well I'm on PC not Xbox so guess I'm screwed.

@schwammlgott Well I'm on PC not Xbox so guess I'm screwed.

I don't know if that feature is on PC, just open the XBox guide/friendlist....somewhere there is looking for group, or groupsearch (I speak german, so don't know what it's called in english)

Edit: @Ghostpaw fixed that for me, so it's there on PC too 👇

@schwammlgott Well I'm on PC not Xbox so guess I'm screwed.

Stop catastrophizing. It works on PC as well. Here is a video I found for you very quickly by doing a search for “PC LFG Sea of Thieves.”

• @ghostpaw Ah cool, thanks. I join people's groups but I don't know what I'm supposed to do next. Nothing happens in-game and there's no popup and they just boot me, I assume because I'm not joining but I don't know how :/

• @perelie7882

Vote kick would be abused as others have said. The brig works because even if the brig is abused, if the crew wants to turn in loot the person in the brig gets the credit. Vote kick would just be a crew working towards some hours long cache of loot and then a friend get online and they vote kick the 1 rando on the crew and invite the friend.

It will happen because Rare won't be able to punish this type of behavior.

Open crew is really hit or miss since they implemented closed crews years ago. Before that open crew was the only option and it worked pretty well because it was all players had.

I will say that you are playing the victim a little too much here. I understand you are frustrated but you say you have problems finding people to play with when you are on PC. The one hardware that is literally the easiest to find players to play with on ANY game.

Discord - Xbox LFG - Forums - Reddit - All you have to do is ask "hey where can I find more people to play with" and people would answer you. So calm down and find peeps to play with.

LFG - is in the xbox app which you should have to play this game. Just watch the video @Ghostpaw linked.

Also there are report options, I particular like how Rare does their reporting system. Its not just a one button report. You have to go out of your way to report someone and that probably helps against the knee jerk reports from players that are angry for whatever.

Not saying that your case isn't different, definitely report. However, your case isn't the only type as players have been known to mash that report button for even the smallest infraction against their feelings.

So yes you might have to dig for it a little but honestly its a lot better this way to keep angry knee jerk reports down.

Good luck, hope you find a crew or peeps to play with. Sorry all that happened but I think we all have went through it a few times. Just look through Sea of Thieves official discord or LFG. Have fun out on the Seas.

• Sounds like your using Open Crew.

Or whatever it’s called...

Set your game for private crew and use the Built in Looking For Group System on the Xbox.

This will solve 99% of your problems!

Wasted hours dealing with griefers who just join to bomb our ship or sail it away while we try to do things on islands. The most insane thing is you have no option to kick people, only temporary jail them. What a joke. Why do you support griefing? unless you implement kicking and blocking, I'll probably have to get a refund, this is unplayable. I've never seen a game with so much griefing AND no action.

wow the solution is to post an lfg post or do a closed crew and then it won't happen as much or join an lfg post and also give me a follow and a message how I know you then we can sail I never grief unless everyone is done with the ship or they're getting off for the day(and/or night)

• @glannigan said in Seriously you need to do something about griefing.:

Sounds like your using Open Crew.

Or whatever it’s called...

Set your game for private crew and use the Built in Looking For Group System on the Xbox.

This will solve 99% of your problems!

you're right it's called open crew and the other is closed crew

• @closinghare208 LFG doesn't even work, I just wasted an hour trying and it's completely broken. Of the few groups to add me, I wasn't able to hear theirs mics, they couldn't hear me, and joining them failed every single time. I kept getting this error message every time:
    "Sea of Thieves failed to setup a crew session. Please try again."

@ghostpaw Ah cool, thanks. I join people's groups but I don't know what I'm supposed to do next. Nothing happens in-game and there's no popup and they just boot me, I assume because I'm not joining but I don't know how :/

because they have their friend lined up to play so they boot you but if you add me then I will never boot you I usually play on Saturdays all day est

Views
31 out of 89