Crafting

• I don't know how everyone will look at this, but I would love to see something like crafting in SoT. Like merging 2 different cannon balls to get a rare one, or something like this. What u all think about it?

Views
    feedback
  • @rascalviking There's no need to overcomplicate things.

• I don't think a type of crafting system belongs in this game, simply due to the nature of the game. The more time you spend crafting is less time you are adventuring, simultaneously, all that time spent crafting goes down the drain the minute you quit the session.

• @rascalviking
    Personally I wouldn't mind if they added a crafting feature. Instead of just finding cursed cannonballs or just finding chainshots you can craft them. You need 2 cannonballs and a chain / rope to make the chainshot, and for cursed cannonballs you need specific potions that you can either craft or find in the world. If you have 50 planks you can craft a rowboat, and if you have 10 cloth and 10 planks you can craft a storage crate.

Obviously, it's up to the developers whether they want to add this or not. Objectively, crafting isn't a bad thing, it opens up the door for more PvE experiences and allows for more things to do as you sail around looking for things. But again, it's up to the developers if they want their game to have crafting enabled. Maybe they just want Sea of Thieves as it is right now, without crafting, and you have to find resources in order to have them, no crafting required.

I don't mind either way, I just think that adding crafting would be a good thing for more PvE content, and making your resources worth more. If you're on a server for 2 hours just doing PvE missions, you'll have 300+ cannonballs, 200+ planks, and more food then you could ever need. Adding crafting would make those things useful, instead of having them sit there never being used. But, it's up to the developers if they want to Sea of Thieves to become a crafting game.

• Exactly, I'm not saying that it is mandatory or something, but it will be nice for some people to be able and craft different objects instead of just looting and leaving the loot to sit still because you don't need it, like you had a lot. This way, even if it will disappear when you logoff (like any other loot), it will still be nice to be able to craft a rowboat, a flaming/exploding cannon ball and so on, instead of having 100 ordinary cannon balls and 1 fire ball because you where not so lucky to find it. Anyway, my opinion that it would be nice and make the game more interesting and more fun for some people

Views
feedback
1 out of 5