"Soul of the Ship" Item

• When Spawned in, your ship spawns in with a new item "The soul of the Ship," a ship in a bottle, that can be looted by enemy players when you are sunk. The Soul of the Ship varies in size and can be sold to any faction.

The Soul of the Ship has a sloop, brig, or galleon in a bottle depending on the ship, and the bigger the ship, the more it sells for. The Sloop soul is sold for 1500, the Brig sells for 2000, and the Galleon for 2500 big ones!

It CANNOT be looted by the players whom own the ship, even when it sinks, but it can be hidden like the emissaries can.

This would make pvp more rewarding as there is always something to gain, but never too much. We all know it sucks to chase a ship for ages only to receive no reward!

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • @reekyu said in "Soul of the Ship" Item:

When Spawned in, your ship spawns in with a new item "The soul of the Ship," a ship in a bottle, that can be looted by enemy players when you are sunk. The Soul of the Ship varies in size and can be sold to any faction.

The Soul of the Ship has a sloop, brig, or galleon in a bottle depending on the ship, and the bigger the ship, the more it sells for. The Sloop soul is sold for 1500, the Brig sells for 2000, and the Galleon for 2500 big ones!

It CANNOT be looted by the players whom own the ship, even when it sinks, but it can be hidden like the emissaries can.

This would make pvp more rewarding as there is always something to gain, but never too much. We all know it sucks to chase a ship for ages only to receive no reward!

So, basically an emmisary flag, but worse? So redundant!

• @galactic-geek Its not an emissary, it doesnt level up, its just loot thats on every ship for enemies to loot or for you to loot from enemy ships. It makes sinking ships somewhat valuable even if they have no actual loot.

• @reekyu ...and gives every ship ALWAYS a reason to want to sink you. No more alliances or positive social interactions! Kiss those goodbye!

• @galactic-geek You have a point actually, kind of, because people could team up and grind free money off of eachothers ships, but thats not enough money. Also money doesnt buy friednships so alliances would still happen. I dont see someone and wanna be friendly with them bc they have loot or not, I decide whether I require their assistance or not and go from there. If anything itll make peoples alliances stronger for not wanting to sink them even though they always have a 1500-2500 on them.

• @reekyu No to free money.

Alliances are more often made because crews realize they can more easily profit off of each other long term by voyaging. Your method wouldn't even require the voyaging part...

• @galactic-geek yeah but ship spawns, and driving all the way back to the alliance is less profitable than voyaging, so that would be a huge waste of time. They would profit more from eachother. Also I dont alliance with people for more gold, I alliance to take on a stronger being, or just let someone go because they deserve to.

• Would make any and every ship an easy target for sinking as they always have something valuable on them. The magic of Sea of Thieves is that sinking a ship you know nothing about is a gamble. You have to weigh the costs of fighting a ship that might have nothing on it. If you have the time you can scout ahead, but not always.

If profit is inevitable then its no question that sinking any ship you come by is the 'right' choice.

• No pvp incentivation for the sake of pvp.
    Sorry, this will make SoT just more Sea if Murderers instead of thieving pirates.

PvP is good to have, focussing on PvP or PvE too much is bad, it takes the adventure, the unpredictability and the playfull character away.

• @awyrlas I wouldnt say that the money gained is even worth it much. You could lose a lot of supply and or go on a long chase for AGES just for nothing. As I said above, I doubt friendly players would start sinking people. It would increase the bond if anything because both sides have something of (little) worth to eachother and regardless they are teaming up. People dont team up based off of wealth, they team up because they are genuinely friendly or feel they need something from another person and return the favor.

• Im for "no" on this. Why? For one, simple, yet BIG factor - imagine you are new player. You sail out of port... boom, sunk. Okay, respawn, sail out of port... boom, sunk. I mean, in that case why would you even bother chasing ships that knows what they are doing? Why not ambush new players? Right now most players if see someone do something poorly (for example getting wrecked by one single skelly ship) will come in and help if they dont think you have anything valuable. Since they wont get anything worth from killing you they are more in mood to have fun and play "big brother" helping you out, maybe teaching/showing stuff or two... just so after few weeks they will have one more target to hunt down xD

• @reekyu

The money wouldn't really be worth it, but that doesn't mean it's not an incentive to sink anyone and everyone. I do not believe that alliances would be stronger because of it, they would likely be unaffected by this change if less frequently made. Having guaranteed loot drop from a ship is just one more thing enticing someone to turn coat and having something guaranteed to lose is just one more thing keeping two crews from joining forces.

Any reward encourages players to chase it. Regardless of how small the benefit, players will min-max the fun out of a game.

Honestly though if you keep chasing a ship with no loot for hours on end, it sounds like the bigger problem is on you. Make sure that your mark is worth it before you chase! Do recon, park around rocks, scope things out, be sneaky. Check emissary tables and look for active events that are ending. If you want a better payout, be a better scout, it's honestly as simple as that. Work smarter, not harder.

• No thanks

Views
feedbackgeneral
7 out of 13