Pirate Legend Privileges

• WE ALL KNOW how lack luster pirate legend is. So here are some things I wish pirate legend had that would provide little to no advantage but still feel like you have gained from it.
    Pirate Legend Privileges:
    The Pirate Legend Hideout can be used to spawn your ship at any outpost unless it is occupied or has a ship nearby. Cannot be used shortly after being sunk
    Purchasable Tools:
    Merchant Alliance- Crates of Food, Planks, and Canon Balls
    Gold Hoarder- Empty chests
    Shipwright- Rowboats
    Order of Souls- Ammo Crates
    Hunter's Call- Supply Crates
    Reapers- Gun powder barrels
    Sea Dogs- Bomb Crates
    Tavern- Free Grog (make everyone else pay lol)

So basically give something nice to us pirate legends PLEASE!

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • @reekyu said in Pirate Legend Privileges:

WE ALL KNOW how lack luster pirate legend is. So here are some things I wish pirate legend had that would provide little to no advantage but still feel like you have gained from it.
    Pirate Legend Privileges:
    The Pirate Legend Hideout can be used to spawn your ship at any outpost unless it is occupied or has a ship nearby. Cannot be used shortly after being sunk
    Purchasable Tools:
    Merchant Alliance- Crates of Food, Planks, and Canon Balls
    Gold Hoarder- Empty chests
    Shipwright- Rowboats
    Order of Souls- Ammo Crates
    Hunter's Call- Supply Crates
    Reapers- Gun powder barrels
    Sea Dogs- Bomb Crates
    Tavern- Free Grog (make everyone else pay lol)

So basically give something nice to us pirate legends PLEASE!

Buying supplies or even empty crates breaks the balance of the game. The former favors the rich over newer pirates, and the latter defeats the purpose of specifically placed barrels on your ship.

• didnt you make the same post just 2 days ago? @Reekyu

against all suggestions as it takes away many aspects of the game and creates a lot of imbalancies between new sailors and old legends.
    the only advantage legends have is experience sailing the Sea of Thieves.
    Nothing else should ever be implemented to keep to that spirit and design of the game.
    i wont have any advantage but my experience.
    And that is already a huge advantage!

• @bugaboo-bill its not an advantage, its experienced pirates who just wanna quickly start a session, and buy some supply with their gold. Its not like youre getting infinite ammo or extra damage, youre speeding up the start because its slow and you deserve to be able to bc its takes long to get to pirate legend just to have nothing special.

Experienced or not you can always be outplayed, and what im implying is that if sunk, the enemy would have more supply for sinking a pirate legend IF they bought the supply.

• @reekyu But it IS advantage. Other pirates would have how many supplies? 50 canon balls? You can go in and buy 100 000 of them in boxes so you can put literally infinite ammo supply near each canon on ship. Who would win fight? You. You wouldnt even need to aim, just shoot ball after ball, finally you will hit. Unless you make some BIG mistake then you will win. Same with planks, food and rest. Not to mention gunpowder kegs - i can imagine 4 players picking up kegs, jumping to enemy ship and detonating them. Even one keg can turn battle on your favor. Infinite number of them? Well... :P.

I mean, sure, as you mentioned "you can always be outsmarted". But game like Sea of Thieves shouldn't FORCE you to outsmart someone else to have a slight CHANCE to win the battle. How in any other way someone was supposed to win against you if you can buy as many supplies as you want? Thats kinda the point - you need to make each canon ball count, each plank count. If you gonna take too many hits, sorry, you are out of planks. If you gonna volley 100 canon balls per second then sorry, you wasted your whole ammo supply

• @leritari
    1.) I never mentioned pricing but simply having a somewhat high price could deter people from buying some, they could be locked to only buy 1 of each per location? So you couldnt just buy infinite. I never spoke about the balancing of it because thats for them to figure out.

2.) BUYING GUNPOWDER IS AN ADVANTAGE??? or you could YA KNOW go to ANY island or fort and get a lot of them for FREE!

Idk man, it really isnt about supply as much as it is outplaying. The supply is just the breaking point, the guarantee that they will lose the fight after a while, which hardly happens. Most battles are lost before running out of supply.

• @Reekyu

I'm usually open-minded to most things people talk about on the forums here. But I simply can't agree with you, hear me out...

I'm a PvP'er and Fort/FOTD/Ghost ship event player. I do these events mainly to get into PvP with others. While getting in fights is fun, I'm also there for the loot. Some of these events cost supplies when fighting off other crew ships.

I.E. when doing FOTD (fort of the damned), it is almost certain that another crew is atleast gonna check it out. FOTD takes some time to do, so its common when you sink one ship, they'll come back over and over again until its done. If you don't see the problem here, let me go further...

1. "only buy 1 of each per location"
      (Using same example) Every time you sink them, they'll usually spawn at a different outpost. So if a PL is on their team, they'll keep getting crates of supplies that will eventually out number ours (defenders), that the fort doesn't simply keep resupplying us.

2. "BUYING GUNPOWDER IS AN ADVANTAGE??? or you could YA KNOW go to ANY island or fort and get a lot of them for FREE!"
      Doesn't matter. Any time it takes for the other crews to get setup, is also the time for others to also stock up/finish whatever they may be doing.

3. I feel like this is just an attempt so you can be lazy rather than try to prepare for yourself on the seas, and treat each shot/plank/food as if its the last. Similar to what @Leritari said.

I am a Pirate Legend 19 been playing the game for 3+ years now (been an alpha player). We have never been promised that we will get some type of advantage if we ever reached such rank. It was more or less to show to others that you know your stuff, and to think twice before fighting with us on the seas. :)

I feel like more things could be brought up here in a game like this. The whole game isn't based around advantages, rather your skill. I feel like the game could have a lot more features, rather than advantages. To name a few:

1. Newer bosses (not skeletons) to fight for loot.
    2. New themes around the map (arctic or something)
    3. More combat tools...
    4. The list can really go on and on.
  • @reekyu we don't need privileges we need new content for PL

• @aussei you dont usually spawn at outposts when sunk actually, also I didnt say numbers, also gunpowders still not an advantage, only at reapers hideout right? so you would have to drive there just to get barrels rather than just getting free ones. Not advantages at all.

However youre definitely right that I want to be lazy, I hate spawning with no food, its annoying to me and I just wanna get right in and have supply without having to manually go get it. Its just annoying. I could suggest a backpack or something but I feel that WOULD be an advantage bc you could hold more food. So yeah I still want this.

Also Arctic area would be weird and Im tired of this "every game needs to include every biome" type philosophy that people seem to have. I agree with your other things tho

• @reekyu

Thank you for your feedback! I understand the whole arctic thing, I was just trying to list some stuff that could branch other peoples thoughts for the game. Its common to see on the forums people wanting advantages rather than finding something new in the game. Not picking on just you, just something I see often here. :)

I do feel though as there is some misunderstanding. Not too sure how long you have been on the seas or at least in the combat side of things. Gunpowders are the go to for a lot of us PvP'er, and I think a lot of people can stand by that. It is a great way to cause problems for the enemy crew (does a ton of damage). I would say letting just a certain playerbase (Pirate Legends) have access to gunpoweders at the start of the game to be a huge advantage. Not sure what else you would do with it otherwise, lol. :-P.

Would like to see though more people thinking of cool content to add to the Pirate Legends (not advantages). Actually content for anything for that matter, not just legends. Not sure how long you been following the game or not. But Rare (developers) have been adding content for the past year now every month, which is really cool. Every content update they release is another way to earn loot, awesome right? Sure, but I think everyone could predict that its based around their skeletons. I wrote a forum post about this on my profile, but stuff like this is what I think should be brought up. Just bring some more life into the game, whether that be in PvP or the PvE side of things.

• @reekyu sagte in Pirate Legend Privileges:

@bugaboo-bill its not an advantage, its experienced pirates who just wanna quickly start a session, and buy some supply with their gold. Its not like youre getting infinite ammo or extra damage, youre speeding up the start because its slow and you deserve to be able to bc its takes long to get to pirate legend just to have nothing special.

Then you didnt play enough to see what advantage it is.

Other Rare want you to have a pirate adventure, collecting supplies is part of that gameloop they dont want to shorten.
    Its not jump in, be ready from scratch to do whatever you want, no you need preparation, find and loot supplies as part of the pirates adventure life.

Experienced or not you can always be outplayed, and what im implying is that if sunk, the enemy would have more supply for sinking a pirate legend IF they bought the supply.

This logic works only this way.
    Imagine a FotD battle and Legends can come back fully stocked.

Views
feedbackgeneral
1 out of 11