Advanced Cooking Suggestion

• Advanced Cooking, okay that sounds, complex?
    But let me explain:
    Cooking isnt an really "Hard thing", basically everyone can Cook something, that is fine, but for an Roleplay Point of View Its nice when someone is like the ship's cook, the person who is really good in cooking and stuff, let me explain a little bit further:
    The Cooking mechanic is REALLY basic, its just pressing 1 Button basically, but what if you can have spices? You could cook the meal and spice things up?

On every Island are Plants, but what if some of these Plants can be collected and used for spice up the Meat that is burning on the stove? you would need to perfectly balance the amount of spices, if you do to many the Meat isnt healing that much, but if the Meat is spiced perfectly it heals more, also how about a Trading Faction that wants to have rare spices?
    Just some random thoughts ;)
    Also you could cook new stuff, like Fish Soup, if you mix various Fish species together you will get different soup, and every Soup has an different level of Healing or other Effects. So you can really like do a "Cookbook".
    What would you guys say?

Last Version Played: 1.944638
    Views
    feedback
  • Not to be mean, but why the heck would you wanna have advanced cooking in a pvp/pve pirate game? I have more important stuff to do/watch out for than spicing up my meat.

Last Version Played: 1.944638
  • Really has nothing to do with insiders. This should be posted on generic feedback

• Ahoy, I have moved this thread to Feedback and Suggestions. For all general suggestions, make sure you post in this section!

Regards!

• @carl-poppa-euw It just would be a nice addition, are the Hatches on Sloop more useful or important??

• @strangeness Yeah but I think Rare is more likely to see it on Insiders ^^

• @snakeofficialyt Not a justifiable reason to break the rules.

• I see no need to overcomplicate something that works just fine as is.

• @snakeofficialyt I mean yea, i used those hatches to my advantage before. Shoot, close, reload, open, shoot, repeat. You want open for bailing but also closed for protection. Also to joke around with. But i dont know how this relates to advanced cooking?

• Nice and funny idea @SnakeOfficialYT

• Features like fishing and cooking are in the game to compliment and diversify the game. However, I think it’s best these features stay simple so that they don’t override the main purpose of the game: to fight skellies, to sink pirates, and to get filthy rich. Making COOKING more advanced than the actual game COMBAT would be a poor move and give the game a bad rep. Besides, the main function of food in game is for health regen. If advanced cooking doesn’t help with that, then there’s no point in adding it. If you really want to season your chicken, play cooking simulator.

• I know a great cooking simulator! Try Overcooked and its sequel! I hear it's coming to the Xbox Series X!

Overcooked - All You Can Eat

Views
feedback
7 out of 12