dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship

• i would like to put something out there that it is troublesome when you are trying to do a flameheart fleet solo, not because i'm bad, but when things are already bad enough a skeleton ship or a reapers emissary comes and destroys me when i'm in a bad place. this is really annoying
    especially if a galleon contests me. i know the game is called sea of thieves, but doesn't every pirate need a moment of piece sometimes?

Views
    feedback
  • @rarediamond3002 you should keep a better eye on your horizon for Reapers and as for other emerging threats, you need to be ready for everything. if you are solo, I'm going to assume you are on a sloop.

The Sloop version of the megalodon, skelly sloop, and kraken are all super super easy.

If you want a safe zone there are two: Ferry of the Damned in adventure and Sea Dog Tavern in arena.

• Bow out of the flame Heart event and focus on the biggest threat first. Stop crying and learn to adapt to the situation at hand. Really what's left to be nerfed in this game??

• @rarediamond3002

The point of flame heart event is supposed to be a flashpoint. Meaning if you want combat thats the place to go. It is intense but i have soloed BB many times from my ship or on the island. This is good practice to learn how to deal with multiple threats as a solo sloop.

• @rarediamond3002 said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

i would like to put something out there that it is troublesome when you are trying to do a flameheart fleet solo, not because i'm bad, but when things are already bad enough a skeleton ship or a reapers emissary comes and destroys me when i'm in a bad place. this is really annoying
    especially if a galleon contests me. i know the game is called sea of thieves, but doesn't every pirate need a moment of piece sometimes?

• ya know thanks for the feedback.

• If you really want some "time off" of general PVP, do the Tall Tales to unlock the Shores of Gold. Keep that tall tale saved on the "Got the coin" save point, and you can go to the shores of gold any time and just do some fishing or run around looking for ancient skellies.

• Peace? On the sea?

as the old saying goes, Sea can give you a grand sailing, or turn into a heavy storm and sink you.

• @burnbacon said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

Peace? On the sea?

as the old saying goes, Sea can give you a grand sailing, or turn into a heavy storm and sink you.

And I never, ever, ever do a thing about the weather, for the weather never ever does a thing for me!

• Sloop is hard mode and solo sloop is god mode. Git gud or find a crew.

• @iii-porker-iii DUDE IM ATHENA 10 i am good just trying to start a discussion about how toxic reapers are.

• @rarediamond3002 i pretty much play solo all the time so it seems you still have alot to learn since i dont have a problem doing anything tbh.

• @capt-kanna sinking you isnt toxic either.

• @rarediamond3002 said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

@iii-porker-iii DUDE IM ATHENA 10 i am good just trying to start a discussion about how toxic reapers are.

How are reapers toxic? They are litterally doing what their supposed to be doing. The event is a PvP flashpoint.

Your an Athena 10 how do you not know this?

• ok well the way i see the reapers trading company is that from my deep view their just dirty little pirates who want to take what they want depending on how much power they have, like if they want your flag and their a player galleon they might just go ahead and take it and even if i try to get what i had back, they'll just sink me again, like for instance even if i get my flag or whatever back, the game doesn't even have the mechanic to put your own flag back up. those are my thoughts about the reapers.

• @rarediamond3002 it honestly just seems like your feelings are hurt. Athena 10 is nothing special either.

• i know i'm just having that kind of moment

ok well the way i see the reapers trading company is that from my deep view their just dirty little pirates who want to take what they want depending on how much power they have, like if they want your flag and their a player galleon they might just go ahead and take it and even if i try to get what i had back, they'll just sink me again, like for instance even if i get my flag or whatever back, the game doesn't even have the mechanic to put your own flag back up. those are my thoughts about the reapers.

Well it seem your more salty about the emissary system then the reapers. I do agree if you recover your flag you should indeed be able to restore your lvl. But the point of reapers is to fight you and take your flag thats not toxic, thats intended gamplay. Also learn to fight gallies you can sink them as a sloop it just takes practice.

• @enf0rcer sagte in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

@rarediamond3002 said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

ok well the way i see the reapers trading company is that from my deep view their just dirty little pirates who want to take what they want depending on how much power they have, like if they want your flag and their a player galleon they might just go ahead and take it and even if i try to get what i had back, they'll just sink me again, like for instance even if i get my flag or whatever back, the game doesn't even have the mechanic to put your own flag back up. those are my thoughts about the reapers.

Well it seem your more salty about the emissary system then the reapers. I do agree if you recover your flag you should indeed be able to restore your lvl. But the point of reapers is to fight you and take your flag thats not toxic, thats intended gamplay. Also learn to fight gallies you can sink them as a sloop it just takes practice.

I think, there should be something else than a re-attach feature, because that can be abused...something like, when another pirate got it in his hands, you get 2k for selling it back to the faction the flag is...something like that...

• i know, it should make sense how selling it when you lost your flag is the same as when you lower your flag.

• Reapers are Reapers, you got to watch them.. Then sometimes you just get plain Rared.

• @wagstr yep

• @schwammlgott said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

@enf0rcer sagte in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

@rarediamond3002 said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

I think, there should be something else than a re-attach feature, because that can be abused...something like, when another pirate got it in his hands, you get 2k for selling it back to the faction the flag is...something like that...

Well yeah you would. Need to add some prtections. The game already has a way of disgishing your ownflag from another crew all you have to do is have the respective fraction npc accept your broken flag and that fixes that. You should not get any gold or reap just your lvl back unless your grade 5 then you just get gold and rep and no flag.

• @enf0rcer great idea!

@enf0rcer great idea!

Thankyou.

• @enf0rcer your welcome

• @enf0rcer sagte in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

@schwammlgott said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

@enf0rcer sagte in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

Well yeah you would. Need to add some prtections. The game already has a way of disgishing your ownflag from another crew all you have to do is have the respective fraction npc accept your broken flag and that fixes that. You should not get any gold or reap just your lvl back unless your grade 5 then you just get gold and rep and no flag.

No...I'm against a re-attach feature...just gold and rep, less than lowering it for sure...
    Putting the flag back on could be abused so much...for example...I run a goldhoarder emissary, as I reach rank V, I see a reaper on the map, so I first sell everything and get the emissary voyage...than I sink my ship and get that flag, come back with the new ship and put the flag somewhere...now I can finish my emissary voyage without a reaper can see me on his map...when I'm finished I go to a outpost, put that lvl V flag back on and sell, before theses reapers have a chance to come to me...

Give us a bit gold and rep and everything is fine

• @schwammlgott said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

@schwammlgott said in dieing to flameheart fleet because of reapers or meg, or skeletonship:

No...I'm against a re-attach feature...just gold and rep, less than lowering it for sure...
    Putting the flag back on could be abused so much...for example...I run a goldhoarder emissary, as I reach rank V, I see a reaper on the map, so I first sell everything and get the emissary voyage...than I sink my ship and get that flag, come back with the new ship and put the flag somewhere...now I can finish my emissary voyage without a reaper can see me on his map...when I'm finished I go to a outpost, put that lvl V flag back on and sell, before theses reapers have a chance to come to me...

Give us a bit gold and rep and everything is fine

You didn't read my post as i clearly stated that handing a grade 5 flag would give you gold and rep. Only the lower grades will reattach. I'll repeat my statment agian Any System created by man can be exploited by man. This argument that we can't do somthing cause in can be exploited is pointless. Also i would make the change that you should only be able to do a grade 5 voyage as a grade 5 but just the sell change would do.

• @rarediamond3002

Getting Megaloskelliekrakenned while fighting a fleet and two enemy ships is a blessing mate. You must embrace it and tune your FUNFACTOR to the absolute maximum.

but doesn't every pirate need a moment of piece sometimes?

Not really, no. But that's one more thing to add to the Pile of Awesome. You're never safe! Always keep your eyes and ears open! Always watch that horizon!

• @enf0rcer oh...missed that, anyway...I can do the same thing again with lower flags...after a while I have lvl IV or III from each faction on my ship and I can choose which treasure I sell first...

Just less money and rep, everything else would just make it abusable

i would like to put something out there that it is troublesome when you are trying to do a flameheart fleet solo, not because i'm bad, but when things are already bad enough a skeleton ship or a reapers emissary comes and destroys me when i'm in a bad place. this is really annoying

You're soloing Flameheart's fleet and complaining that you can't get a "moment of piece" (sic)? Have you tried fishing? 🤣

Joking aside, world events like Flameheart, forts, etc. aren't supposed to be peaceful. You must know when you jump in you're likely to be attacked by pirates. Because, pirates. 😊

@enf0rcer oh...missed that, anyway...I can do the same thing again with lower flags...after a while I have lvl IV or III from each faction on my ship and I can choose which treasure I sell first...

Just less money and rep, everything else would just make it abusable

You do relize when you touch loot you can't gain rep even if you changed flags so it would be the same if you ethier came back at lvl 3 sold everthing the put up the lvl 1 flags or collected the loot and lvled up each 1 it would take the same amount of time. I don't see the benifit to this strat at all. Maybe i'm missing somthing here?
    Btw way if this gets more players like you to keep flags on their ship good cause that would be the goal.

• @rarediamond3002 welcome to the sea of DRUMROLL thieves!

also your moment of peace is when your not doing anything

• @enf0rcer when I have a GH, OoS and merchant flag on my ship, all rank IV, it's so easy to get to lvl V in no time, that wouldn't be the problem...it's about hiding from the reapers in a not really fair way...sure there would be more flags on my ship, but first you need to get me...and that's not easy, I promise
    Also, you know that cargos just gain rank by selling them? This would be so easy to get that last rank without a reaper notice...

Views
feedback
31 out of 44