The sea in sea of thieves needs more to see

• Storms should be a bigger threat; deal more damage, have tornadoes to spin a ship around (which could be used to your advantage!) if hit and knock off a few planks so you need to repair. I want my adrenaline pumping when I've got so much loot and being chased that I decide to go into the storm not knowing if I'll come out of it or not. Chasing other pirates into a storm would also be a gamble. Rogue waves could also play a part, but then again simply adding tornadoes to storms might be enough.
    • Eye of the storm. You need somewhere to rest from all those tornadoes ;P
    • Fog is small and uninteresting. I actually LOVE fog when it covers and island, holy krapken I was on this small patch of land and didn't realize the giant island right next to me and it made me feel so small. But on the sea it's meh. Maybe there could be a way to summon the fog.. could be interesting while in a fight.. what about smoke cannon bombs?
    • While on the topic of weather, being able to see storms and fog on the map would be a cool addition to tactical combat, knowing where the fog and storms are. Yes I know you can just look up to the sky but adding it to the map can spark the idea; "okay let's go for it" in sea combat.
    • Harpoons need more use. I want to hunt animal life with harpoons, fishing is great (I actually disliked it in the beginning because I saw no use for it) but harpooning wild life is also cool (uh.. in-game of course save the wales in real life don't get me wrong).
    • Mega is too easy (on sloop, even while solo). Please buff.
    • Sea dragon kind of boss. Think Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    • Let me spend (any kind of) coin to fill the ship with supplies.
    • So far I've been stuck 5 times. Can the game detect that I have not moved for a minute on land and let me commit sudoku?
    • Swimming above water while pressing shift does not give me any sort of animation like it does under water giving the impression swimming under water is faster while it is not.
    • Island (possibly outpost) invasions. Defend an outpost from hybrid human sea monsters and gain a reward. This would also cut off an outpost temporarily which makes having 200 chests on board and wanting to sell asap even more nerve racking.

The most important thing to change: every time I boot the game I am deafened, please load my sound settings before the game boots (it's on 5%) :P

Views
    feedback
  • In addition to hunting wildlife; perhaps the sea should be more decorated in the first place? Adding dolphins and whales for example would make sailing a lot more fun. Hunting or collecting is nice but at least interacting with them would be great, so if they are added do implement option!

• I would really like to see more types of sharks. I’m no game developer but it’s gotta be easy right? They already got the shark. Just change skins.

• @Iva-Wonderbush

• Island (possibly outpost) invasions. Defend an outpost from hybrid human sea monsters and gain a reward. This would also cut off an outpost temporarily which makes having 200 chests on board and wanting to sell asap even more nerve racking.

100% on this. Naval combat in SoT is SO fun and where most PVP happens. But we have islands too! I would love to see new combat scenarios around the islands, and particularly a scenario where you are holding down a fort/outpost against invaders (be they skeletons, sea monsters, other players, or all 3 combined).

• @iva-wonderbush said in The sea in sea of thieves needs more to see:

• So far I've been stuck 5 times. Can the game detect that I have not moved for a minute on land and let me commit sudoku?

I guess that would give you something to do while you're stuck? 🤣

alt text

(I think you meant seppuku...)

• @prescafatty said in The sea in sea of thieves needs more to see:

@Iva-Wonderbush

100% on this. Naval combat in SoT is SO fun and where most PVP happens. But we have islands too! I would love to see new combat scenarios around the islands, and particularly a scenario where you are holding down a fort/outpost against invaders (be they skeletons, sea monsters, other players, or all 3 combined).

Against other players would be really cool. You would force PvP! Firing from an island onto other player ships is so much fun.

• @genuine-heather said in The sea in sea of thieves needs more to see:

@iva-wonderbush said in The sea in sea of thieves needs more to see:

I guess that would give you something to do while you're stuck? 🤣

alt text

(I think you meant seppuku...)

Thank you, but in a one man crew there is no way out so I'd be playing all day :P

(Replacing seppuku with sudoku is a meme :P)

Views
feedback
2 out of 7