More Cosmetic Options (Favourite-option, 1st Person Body, Curses & more)

• Hello there! Thanks for klicking!
    I've got the Idea of more cosmetic options containing the following 7 aspects:

• Favourite Sets
      I really loooooove the cosmetics the game has to offer, so why shouldn't a "favourite Sets" tab be added to the clothing-, equipment-, vanity-, and ship customization chests? On this way, multiple own combinations of cosmetics could be saved and selected without having to waste much time searching for the things you had in mind.
    • First Person body visibility
      I think it adds realism to a game if you can see your own body when looking directly down. It could maybe be turned on or off in the game options.
    • More Curses (Inspiration by CesarioTitan)
      examples could be a Davy Jones-like curse, a kraken curse that might color scars and the eyes entirely black, a blue fire curse, and many, many more. I think there are just way to few right now and they look incredible.
    • Cosmetic customization (Inspiration by PH-in-4k)
      Having the possibility to customize the existing clothes (for example jackets) with feathers, brooches and more would be really amazing!
    • More Scar-Customizations
      There are way to few scars aswell. I personally have not unlocked any, but my character has some. Maybe scars could be split into regions like Arm, Chest, Back, Face and more. Then multiple scar parts could be selected and customized.
    • More Tattoo-Customizations
      The same thing but for Tattoos. Maybe the sets could be sold as they already are, but the parts would be put in different tabs after that.
    • Hook / Pegleg / Eyepatch side option
      It's kind of self explaining. Instead of having it always on the one side, the player might select if it should be the left or right side.

I hope you like the ideas. I would love to hear (or read lol) what you think about them! Which are your favourites out of them?

[//Edit: Changed the bracket-text in the title and the order of the points in the text to mark out the most important things.]

Views
    feedback
  • I'd love to see a Revenant Curse for Pirate Legends (namely to give PL some more meaning, and cause I think Revenants in the game look cool). It also has some basis in the lore.

I also REALLY want a visible 1st Person body in game. You can already see arms when running, adjust the camera so I can see my body (especially since cosmetics are the only thing we get in game, it lets me see my own stuff more often).

Also would LOVE a Favorites section/option for clothing configurations. Even if we are limited to only so many slots it would be a welcome addition to the game.

Obviously more of all types of cosmetics are always welcome as well. That is the prize for us, and the more options the more likely people are to enjoy different stuff and help keep the world diverse - but I don't really need granular customization. That side, a simple "Select Side" for hooks, peg legs, and eye patches would be very welcome. Doesn't need much more granular than that - just grow the options we have.

• Yeah, I think these are the most important ones for me aswell.
    Especially the 1st Person body and the Favorites sections are the ones that would make me genuinely happy to see in the game!

I thought of it a little more, and I could imagine the favorite section as a new tab in the menu of the different customization chests. A star could be displayed inside the selection-circle (instead of gloves, a hat, a jacket, ...) to mark that these are the player-favorites.

After clicking on the tab it could look a bit like that:

When there are no favorites yet, the player could click on a "+" symbol to add the currently selected clothes as a favorite set. The player would be asked to name the set and it would be added then.
    The "+"-Symbol could either be a new texture in the "selection-rectangles" or a shortcut displayed on the bottom of the screen. There could be infinite favorite sets unless there is a limit due to data sizes or something.

If the player has favorite sets, the small "selection-rectangles" to the left would display the clothing sets on mannequins (similar to the costumes of the trading companies).
    When hovering over the sets, the character would be displayed on the right side, wearing the set, similar to the "preview" we already have. The name of the set would be displayed like it already is when selecting e.g. a hat.

When a player wants to remove or change the look of an existing set, new shortcuts could be added, or the space where the description of a cosmetic usually is could be used for 2 new buttons with the labels "Edit Set" (in green) and "Delete/Remove Set" (in red) on them.

However, favorite ships might be a bit difficult to display with all the different customizations.

I think this might be an almost-complete "blueprint", with most possibilities covered. Once again I would love to hear (again, or read lol) what you all think of this!

• @anfrily The best idea I've thought of after reading this is that maybe we could get a Wailing Barnacle curse. Kinda like Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Or maybe a Bone Crusher curse so that your arm is just bone. Like Wanda's arm.

Also maybe recolouring stuff. For example: Sea dog pegleg is a rum bottle (If im right). Maybe change it to blue, pink, green? etc. Also recolouring the curses too. I'd like that gold curse changed to a silver curse maybe. Or my Ashen Curse to be green. Maybe the tryhards would use the OOS curse as blue or something. That would be cool!

• @anfrily
    Agreed!!!!

• Now that they have the Costumes feature, it would be pretty easy to give us a few slots where we could build our own custom "Costumes".

I'd also love to see more curses and scars. There's currently only one set of scars that you can earn in the game (the other two were time-limited) and 3 curses. In particular, I want a Merfolk Curse that would make my skin pale and blue, maybe add gills or something.

I do, however, think there are plenty of tattoos. The Legends of the Deep (or whatever it was called) update a few months ago added like, 12-15 new tattoos, in addition to the 10-15 that were already in the game.

• So many comments, thanks!

@general-keys735 sagte in More Cosmetic Options (curses, scars, cosmetic customization, Favourite-option, 1st Person Body, ...):

The best idea I've thought of after reading this is that maybe we could get a Wailing Barnacle curse. Kinda like Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Or maybe a Bone Crusher curse so that your arm is just bone. Like Wanda's arm.

That is an amazing idea! I'd love to see a curse that makes some parts of the body skeletonized, maybe even some parts of the head. The Wailing Barnacle curse sounds great to me, too.

Also maybe recolouring stuff. For example: Sea dog pegleg is a rum bottle (If im right). Maybe change it to blue, pink, green? etc. Also recolouring the curses too.

Yes, that would be really cool! But recoloring clothing would have to be done carefully because of the more expensive stuff from Duke that sometimes basically is just recolored stuff. The colourful curses could be added via new types because I think there are way too few of them.

@Dettah thanks! :)

@rcadden That Merfolk curse sounds really cool!
    The thing with the tattoos is fine, I just dislike some parts of them so I would prefer to enable or disable them on specific body parts. But i'd have no problem with this idea not being added to the game! xD

Views
feedback
3 out of 7