Southern land expansio

• An ice area with fishing a whale boss that and moving ice bergs would be amazing!

Views
  • @michaelblevins1 This would spread out players enough that fights would be more meaningful and less about camping!

• @michaelblevins1 this would spread servers thin enough to feel emptier than they already do at times.

I think another map expansion needs to come with a ship/server expansion to 10 ships if they can upgrade their server hardware to handle it.

• They have said that sea of thieves will never be a whaling game. It would be too controversial because whaling has a bad past and although people would of done it in pirate times, people would be offended and it would be just be inappropriate.

• @kommodoreyenser I totally agree and I am already sure that their servers can probably handle a scaling of only a few ships!!

• @soyabean566 Okay that may be true but what other ice boss could break through ice and be as interesting of a mechanic?

• @kommodoreyenser Although providing incentive to stay out of FOTD or Ghost ship fleet battles while you play would be ideal I am not asking for another 9 tall tale release. As this is far too much for developers to deal with and they have voiced that but at least a greater travel aspect in the game as I feel that the most fun I have has been on the ship travelling or battling in game events! I do see that spreading servers is a bad thing and that is why I would suggest incentivizing PL LVL 20's to go to an area like that for a sufficient challenge that would meet their fancy. Things such as a Pirates Dice game would be quite awesome and would make travelling more fun as I really only think during sailing on a galleon two people are needed to make necessary changes such as rotating sails or dropping anchor. In my experience the Ashen has been the most used region for DLC! So as a developer I would say why wouldn't a land expansion be great it would encourage more player dispersal and encourage high level and experience players to more deliberately enjoy the sea of thieves while not focusing on the aspect of targeting lower level ships for combat.

-Digging a hole in the ice to fish in for rare fish
    -A Ice Boss
    -Moving Icebergs that can damage your ship
    -Pirate dice game(ultra important)
    -More story driven events similar to the ghost fleet
    -more ships per server

• AND MOST OF ALL MORE LOOT TYPES SUCH AS KEGS OF BEER THAT YOU COULD SELL!!!!
  • @michaelblevins1 Ive posted an idea long ago about a whale named Nidhog who at some point died and got possesed by evil spirits.
    With rotten flesh and evil eyes and once you defeat him you release his soul.

• @faceyourdemon Stuff like that with that incredible story would be amazing!

• Yes, love this. Other ideas for an ice area:

— Snow obscures visibility.
    — A giant floating iceberg island that is hard to find, but has cool quests.
    — No mermaids. Water is so cold it slowly kills you.
    — Ships get trapped in the iceflows, and you must fend them off from wraiths.
    —Helm, tackle and blocks will randomly freeze over, requiring you to break them free before you can use them again.
    — Freezing cursed cannonballs that freeze parts of ships in ice.

• @prescafatty YES THIS IS AMAZING!! Stuff like this to incentivize high level players to go to the ice region would be amazing!!!

• @prescafatty said in Southern land expansio:

Yes, love this. Other ideas for an ice area:

— Snow obscures visibility.
    — A giant floating iceberg island that is hard to find, but has cool quests.
    — No mermaids. Water is so cold it slowly kills you.
    — Ships get trapped in the iceflows, and you must fend them off from wraiths.
    —Helm, tackle and blocks will randomly freeze over, requiring you to break them free before you can use them again.
    — Freezing cursed cannonballs that freeze parts of ships in ice.

I feel that mermaids are a necessary component however I feel that they should take far longer to come up from the water!

Views
3 out of 12