Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]

• Quick update from the team - in order to rollout a new feature for the Sea of Thieves website, the Forums will shortly be taken offline for maintenance.

All users will be automatically logged out of the website during this period, although we expect it to be brief and will update this thread once we're back online.

Views
  • @takuboto hope, we finally get a downvote button!

• @schwammlgott said in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

@takuboto hope, we finally get a downvote button!

That won't be with this website update but planning to bring it back relatively soon. We just need to test it again as the feature has been toggled off for so many years!

• @takuboto And what's the new website function? 👀 I've seen that when logging back, I had some notifications in my avatar, and it was some messages from a chat! I didn't even know we had one lol

• AH! You are finally able to see your notifications everywhere on the website 🎉

• @skulliah And no need to refresh! It just pops up.

• @skulliah said in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

AH! You are finally able to see your notifications everywhere on the website 🎉

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Finally you get a notification for the chat...had several chats which I missed, or read a month later...that wasn't helpful...

Thanks for that!

• @schwammlgott said in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

Finally you get a notification for the chat...had several chats which I missed, or read a month later...that wasn't helpful...

Thanks for that!

Same lol

• @musicmee don't know if this is intended, but when I click on the notification I want to look at, it always puts me on the OP of the thread, not the answer or the upvote that has been made...always have to search for it...
    Buggy? Intended?

@TakuBoto

• Could this new feature be a tag next to our gamertag showing our emissaries ranks? 😁

• @skulliah said in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

Could this new feature be a tag next to our gamertag showing our emissaries ranks? 😁

Maybe 👀

• @takuboto also, the insider page doesn't work yet...for a second it's
    there, then just a blanc black page...this is since at least 2 or 3 weeks like that...

• @schwammlgott 99+ Unread chats... ouch! I think it has become unusable for me :D

• @musicmee sagte in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

@schwammlgott 99+ Unread chats... ouch! I think it has become unusable for me :D

I guess 1 or 2 are from me 😁

Edit: nope, just looked, you read mine 😎

• @schwammlgott Sorry matey, and anyone else I may offend by not getting to/replying to messages.

I am swamped!

• @musicmee how dare you...

Just kidding, everything's fine

• @eggamer13 said in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

@takuboto And what's the new website function? 👀 I've seen that when logging back, I had some notifications in my avatar, and it was some messages from a chat! I didn't even know we had one lol

Late responding to this, but as you've probably guessed now based on the chat in here, site-wide notifications is the feature we rolled out today!

Part of some ongoing changes we're making over the coming months to make the website and especially the forum a lot more user friendly.

• @musicmee said in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

@schwammlgott Sorry matey, and anyone else I may offend by not getting to/replying to messages.

I am swamped!

My last chat, 9 months ago!
    God I love being so anti social 😂😂

Then again now all the crossplay threads are gone, what does one even do with there time on the forums!
    The PvE are just not the same 😂

On a side note, can’t wait until the downvote button comes back. My popcorn will be at the ready 😂

• @knifelife Please go gentle on my posts matey :( I have spent some time building up this rep!

And we don't want @triheadedmonkey taking the lead ;D

• I seem to have 5 notifications that I can't get rid of, is this something to do with today's update?

EDIT: Nevermind they were chat notifications

• @octopus-lime if you have marked them as read or clicked on them, try refreshing the page. (might need to do it for each tab if you have more than one open...)

• @octopus-lime That's where my 99+ was coming from... just marked all as read.

• @musicmee Stop showing off how popular you are ;-)

• Notifications for mentions and upvotes seems to be broken now. The slideout is empty when I open it.

• @d3adst1ck Ahoy matey!

Have you tried logging out and back in? That cleared the issue for me.

• @musicmee It has randomly started working again

• @takuboto good stuff!

• i keep getting the message session mismatch everytime i click on to the forums :( i`ve cleared the cache at least 3 times and still get that message, only started doing this since that forum maintenance

edit: just got it again an hour later, message displays as session mismatch, it looks like your log in session is no longer active, or no longer matches with the server, please refresh this page

• @monty99 said in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

i keep getting the message session mismatch everytime i click on to the forums :( i`ve cleared the cache at least 3 times and still get that message, only started doing this since that forum maintenance

edit: just got it again an hour later, message displays as session mismatch, it looks like your log in session is no longer active, or no longer matches with the server, please refresh this page

i`m still having this same issue :( i have cleared the cache again twice and still the same issue

• @musicmee said in Forum Maintenance [29/04/2020]:

@octopus-lime That's where my 99+ was coming from... just marked all as read.

How dare you, sir?! :oP

• @SoT_Support the Creator Crew program is in trouble, because I made all the steps and I do not release the rewards

Views
13 out of 32