Tall Tale - Wild rose - bug - missing story

• This is mainly a bug report.
    Spoilers ahead.

I just tried to do the "Wild Rose" Tall Tale for the first time. I found the chest of memories. It only contained the pages for the "We survived our first ambush!" story. I found the "music box" from this story, and brought it to Madame Olive. She took it without saying a thing, and I was stuck like that. It is only after looking it up on the internet that I realized I should have gotten a second story allowing me to get the required "box of spices".

Views
  • @nolimit417 I had a similar issue last night. I dug up the chest, retrieve the pages inside, checked the book, and 4 pages were added. The first two were a picture of them on Cannon Cove, celebrating surviving the ambush. When I turn to the next two pages, it's their marriage vows, and I can't turn the pages backwards. It's just stuck on the marriage vows pages. I tried dying and coming back, and that let me change the pages again, until I went all the way to the end of the book where the marriage vows pages were. Got stuck again on those pages.

• Same issue! Twice in a row... -.-

• I had the same issue today as well. I canceled the tall tale and tried again, and it happened one more time. It has been like 1 year already of this issue and it wasn't fixed? :(

• I've done this 5 times in a row starting a new sesison each time with the same results and honestly have never felt so frustrated.

• That happened to me as well, but then I restarted it and it worked that time

• On my 5th attempt and still haven't recieved the second pages to get the music box.
    I'm only able to get the spice box.....
    It is very off putting as I really want to move to the next tall tale?!

• Ok I realise this thread is quite old now, but this bug is still a problem which I also got. However I have somewhat of a 'fix'. Although the story doesn't actually appear the item (whether spice crate or music box) is still buried on the island, so both the items are there. So it is possible to obtain them. My solution was to look at the RareThief Wild Rose guide and find all the islands which could have the item on and as they detail where you need to dig on the island you simply go around to each island and dig where it is supposed to be. Using this method I managed to get the spice crate by finding the 4 possible islands it could spawn at and going to them and digging in the rough area, it worked the spice crate was there even without the story.

This is a bit of a crude method because it does mean you have to 'cheat' but it is the only method ive found.
    I hope this helps other players out who come across this in the future seeing as Rare doesn't seem like they will fix this bug anytime soon

Views
1 out of 8